Correct snub nose revolver technique.

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I feel that I was led astray by YouTube. People make such a big deal about the difference in shooting a revolver with a heavy trigger, and I really struggled putting all the ideas into practice. Recently I decided to just ignore the differences and shoot it with the pad of my index finger like a Glock, and I instantly dramatically improved my accuracy. I'm hitting 10/10 on human bust silhouette at 25 yards, which is far better than what most people advocate trying.

I think talk of the differences is overblown unless you are training for a revolver target shooting competition.

Something like this, I'd imagine. Then throw after its empty

b45.gif

Depends on a few things. A huge one is whether you are talking about a double action trigger pull, vs. a cocked back single action shot. Trigger technique will often differ greatly.

(In general, with a snubnose, I personally prefer to use the middle pad for double action, & the distant pad for single action only. However, I rarely train revolvers in single action -- I mostly think of them as double action weapons, & thus most often train them as such.)

Also some X factors like the size of your hands, what kind of grips are on the particular revolver, etc. These details can make a huge difference.

One tip that does go across all revolvers, grip types, & hand variations though... When pulling the trigger on a double action revolver, whether making contact with the distant pad of your trigger or the middle pad: Pull the trigger in a downward-angled chop with the edge of the finger, as if pulling it diagonally down toward your pinky / bottom of the firearm grip, rather than pulling the trigger straight back, toward your trigger finger knuckle / top of the grip. This downward angle chop of the trigger finger can greatly increase your control of the pull, for a more stabilized use of the weapon overall, & increased accuracy.

I feel that I was led astray by YouTube. People make such a big deal about the difference in shooting a revolver with a heavy trigger, and I really struggled putting all the ideas into practice. Recently I decided to just ignore the differences and shoot it with the pad of my index finger like a Glock, and I instantly dramatically improved my accuracy. I'm hitting 10/10 on human bust silhouette at 25 yards, which is far better than what most people advocate trying.

I think talk of the differences is overblown unless you are training for a revolver target shooting competition.

If you're making hits with that thing at 25, then you're doing it right, whatever you're doing.

Snubnoze usually is for stuff when you really will not have ......time.
They are for short range Quick usage.
In some countries it isn't allowed to carry pistol with cartridges in Chamberlain while revolvers might have chambers loaded in cylinder.

To start learn how to use revolver better is to pay for usage In shooting range before making decision about purchase.

Initially better is to start with heavy revolver with not powerful cartridges and long barrel. Maybe some 5-6 inch Barell, heavier toys will be more usable. Something like 38 Sp without +.
Later might taste shorter stuff and lighter....after this might taste something more powerful and then shorter stuff....
Yup and DA / SA too does matters a lot. .

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back