Costa ANNIHILATES Whittaker

The more I look at this fight the more I see Paulo finishing Rob. Not only Paulo has good kicks against the wide stance Rob uses, he has short arms and short punches for when Rob lunges in with his head forward. It also seems Rob has a bad ability to recover from getting rocked. He seems to be quite overrated.

Costa is looking extra saucy this time around and Rob doesn't seem to withstand the same punches anymore.

But it's still hard to not see Rob picking Costa apart for 3 rds.

I have the same feeling.
I think Rob Will look good, until Paulo caugth him with a bomb.
Maybe in 1st or 2nd?
Definitely late on the rounds, probably at 3 or 4 minutes mark.

No, the later it goes, the better for Rob, since he has better CARDIEAUX (French Cardio) than Borrachina

You read it here first.

Not even a contest.
Very bold take sir. If your are right i'll give props. But I believe you are dead wrong.

Costa's defense thus far has been shit. And Whittaker on the other hsnd is very mobile defensively and won't be easily pinned against the cage.

Costa's offense center cage is mediocre in comparison.

I honestly don't even think Costa trained for Whittaker, he's just playing the media.
He did say this was first time he had a camp for Whittaker, the other two times this fight was "booked" he claimed he didn't have camps for those at all

I can't forget that this guys last fight which was what 2 years ago? He didn't get close to finishing the ghost of Luke Rockhold who gassed after 5 minutes. The fight ended with Rockhold throwing fuck you punches and rubbing his bloody face on him

If a Pre-Izzy Costa shows up then I agree he smokes Whittaker, but I think that guy's gone forever

I lost faith in Costa when he looked like he didn't even really try v Izzy.. maybe Iz just scared shit outta him I do t know but it looked terrible

I’m picking costa to win …..I think it’ll be competitive

I lost faith in Costa when he looked like he didn't even really try v Izzy.. maybe Iz just scared shit outta him I do t know but it looked terrible
It was a shameful showing by Costa. Izzy did whatever he wanted and didn't seem like he needed to get out of first gear.

I don’t really think it will be an annihilation, but I can see Costa winning this fight. He has a good record against former champions and tends to send fighters who already have mileage to retirement. I would hate that to happen to Rob, but also at the same time it would be nice to see Costa go for a second run for the belt.

Funny how the DDP fight changed everyone's perception from like 90% Rob 10% Costa predictions to 60% Rob 40% Costa predictions. Maybe I'm just crazy, I just see Costa like a blown up Drew Dober at MW. I think Rob's ability to land strikes and score points will be more technical than Costa can handle. Costa does better when people try to match his aggressiveness.

No, the later it goes, the better for Rob, since he has better CARDIEAUX (French Cardio) than Borrachina
I think Rob style requires him to move a lot, its effective, but consumes a lot of energy.
Rob dont possess that knockout power to finish with one or two clean hits.

If Paulo puts some pressure early on, Rob will drain himself a lot moving around the cage, inputting some volume, and I think when he movement's decrease, Paulo can knock him in a few clean hits.

Whittaker is Obviously a very skillfull guy and can put a pace and counter Paulo all nigth, but I still picking Borrachinha here.

Only way Costa wins this fight, is by being well rounded not sloppy boxing. 🤟

Whitaker is more well rounded and probably the better mmartist. That said, he won’t be able to play it safe by running circles while throwing jabs here and there to get a decision. Win or lose, Costa will be going after you to trade blows. Coming off such a bad loss to DDP and getting that chin softened by Romero and Izzy…. my doubt is if Whitaker will be able to take punches to the face from Costa.

Back