Could Cejudo beat Volkanovski and become the first 3 weight champ?

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Volk is also a smaller FW, cejudo could actually potentially be a 3 weight champ, if it was holloway, the size advantage would just be too much and max would just pick him apart from distance but with volk its gonna be an explosive close range fight and cejudo is very dangerous in those ranges.
I give him a real shot.
I'd watch it.

Its definitely possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. Well, I would, but I wouldn't expect to win anything. Volkanovski was manhandling Aldo against the cage, Aldo looked big next to Moraes, who looked big next to Cejudo, even with olympic gold medal wrestling, Volkanovski is just too much for Cejudo to control in any way, and the power difference of each shot would be vast too.
Volkanovski won't get tired either, there's just no way for Cejudo to win other than by a fluke or lucky shot, I think. Cejudo already has some hard fights in his own division and is outsized by some guys, Volkanovski is too much imo

Sounds crazy, but if there was a right time to try.... just because the size/style match up.

The midget won’t get past Aldo let alone Volk....

Doubt it.

And GSP got screwed out of his opportunity. The same way Aldo got screwed out of going for 2 belts.

I wonder if Nunes could make FLW?

Doubt it.

And GSP got screwed out of his opportunity. The same way Aldo got screwed out of going for 2 belts.

I wonder if Nunes could make FLW?

Are we talking about the same GSP? He ducked Silva forever, and then ducked Khabib.

Triple C by anything he wants!

CCC is the real deal. I could see him bulking up for Volk. I could also see him winning the fight, or not. Styles make fights, that's why the winner is declared AFTER the fight.

Highly doubt it. Volk out struck Aldo and Holloway and bombed out Chad Mendes.

Cejudo wouldn't be able to do anything to him in the wrestling and clinch and would just get rolled over in the stand up. Volk is a much better striker.

Are we talking about the same GSP? He ducked Silva forever, and then ducked Khabib.
He did duck Silva but not khabib. He is willing to come to 155 for khabib but ufc don’t want him to come and beat khabib and then leave.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

It'd be a shit show if he went for the featherweight belt next but one I'd be very interested in. Could be a fun fight.

Triple Clown deserves the chance to try and should be compensated very well for it.

Volk is also a smaller FW, cejudo could actually potentially be a 3 weight champ, if it was holloway, the size advantage would just be too much and max would just pick him apart from distance but with volk its gonna be an explosive close range fight and cejudo is very dangerous in those ranges.
I give him a real shot.
I'd watch it.
no. cejudo is too small to take full advantage of his wrestling skills against Volkanovski. and he doesn't have a striking edge against him

He definitely could beat Volkanovski but it's such bullshit when fighters just skip into the title fight without fighting contenders in that division. No shit if you are gonna pick and choose your battles a champion can win a few belts.

Back