Could Volkan KO Jones in the clinch?

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Honestly, I think so...this guy can generate power shots in such a a short distance

He doesnt need the range that Rumble needs

I thought his KO of Misha was a fluke

His KO of Jimmy Manuwa was no fluke

He looked better against Manuwa then Gus and Rumble did...and this was the best version of Manuwa

If Jones cant land a takedown on Volkan...he could be in trouble

Volkan is the only interesting match up left for Jones.

I personally think Jones was partying hard and highly underestimated Gus in the first fight. He finishes him if they ever fight again.

Honestly, I think so...this guy can generate power shots in such a a short distance

He looked better against Manuwa then Gus and Rumble did...and this was the best version of Manuwa

Sorry to break this to you, but light punching Gus, ko'd Jimmy....Jimmy has no chin..at all...jones will beat the russian dude easier than he just beat dc...

Need to see him against a true top guy. For all Manuwa's tough talk, he is somewhat of a can.

I personally think Jones was partying hard and highly underestimated Gus in the first fight. He finishes him if they ever fight again.

I agree that Jones takes the rematch, but saying Gus isn't an interesting match up seems really unfair. Given how their last fight went, I'd say that is a much more interesting fight than against Volkan.

Sorry to break this to you, but light punching Gus, ko'd Jimmy....Jimmy has no chin..at all...jones will beat the russian dude easier than he just beat dc...
With a knee...

I agree that Jones takes the rematch, but saying Gus isn't an interesting match up seems really unfair. Given how their last fight went, I'd say that is a much more interesting fight than against Volkan.
I still think you need to have dynamite in your hands and reach to really put Jones in trouble.

Gus has the reach but he doesn't have much pop in his punches.

Volkan has power in his hands and is a taller guy. I'd rather see him.

Volkan only has power, not enough for Jones

Nobody can ever KO Jon Jones ever.

How was the Misha KO a fluke if the Manuwa KO wasn't, you retard.

You clearly saw his power in the clinch, else you'd not be making this thread

Honestly Volcan has serious power maybe not AJ power but close to it. So he could stun JJ with that uppercut honestly he gets that upper cut clean he,stuns anyone. Thing is JJ has great recovery and ability to hide showing he's hurt.

Sorry to break it to you but Jimi was tagging Gus and Gus had to wrestle him in the first round. And didn't Gus KO him with a knee and not his fists?

Maybe his "no time" style can surprise Jones. He has power in his shots and 1 shot could change the fight. But Jones is the master at keeping distance and would most likely take the guy down if he ever tried to cross that line rushing in recklessly.

How was the Misha KO a fluke if the Manuwa KO wasn't, you retard.

You clearly saw his power in the clinch, else you'd not be making this thread

TS pretty clearly meant that he thought it was a fluke when it happened.

With ease ,

Gus hasn't improved at all and jones annihilated Dc what's their to debate really?

Back