Social Could you live like the Amish?

forum poster

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I admit it has a lot of appeal being and off the grid and self-sufficient community, living a simple family/friend-orientated community. I like the modesty of the men and women in their dress and manners.

I don't think I could tolerate being full Amish but I could see myself living a sort of in-between life.

Give me basic amenities, a vaporizer and one PC with internet and I think I could do it.

Anyone else drawn to that type of simple lifestyle?

The problem is they never update their cutoff point, my belief is that modern culture became Satanic in 1987, everything before then is ok.

I couldn't. It would hard to be raised outside and then start living within that society. I dont want to either, honestly. But I do respect them.

The problem is they never update their cutoff point, my belief is that modern culture became Satanic in 1987, everything before then is ok.
What do you mean? In regards to electricity. A lot of them, especially the younger ones can still use electricity if they're not the ones owning it.

Can I have lots of hot Amish wives? I’d need something to fill the void of internet, movies and video games.

can the Amish smoke weed?

I don’t mind raising a barn or two, or doing the hard work to live off the land but there’s gotta be some other stuff to stop things getting ultra boring.

Can I have lots of hot Amish wives? I’d need something to fill the void of internet, movies and video games.

can the Amish smoke weed?

I don’t mind raising a barn or two, or doing the hard work to live off the land but there’s gotta be some other stuff to stop things getting ultra boring.

You are not ready for this cult.

Nope. I like my mustache.
Dude, Amish men have the most Epic mustaches and beards when they get married. You'll just have to marry a local Amish lass (some of them are pretty damn attractive BTW)

What if there was a community that allowed technology from let's say before the 21st century?

<{smellit?}>

I live near the edge of Amish towns so here’s a few things:

I've never personally seen a hot Amish woman due to all of the inbreeding. Even if you did find one, they all smell horrible, since they only seem to bathe once a week.

The ones near me don’t use any electricity, but most of them have a generator in their barn they can have someone else run. Most of them pay a guy in food to drive them around during the week to go to their construction sites. He’s the only one allowed to use modern tools on the job sites.

They do like to get smashed drunk though. My buddy manages a liquor store on the edge of town and keeps the nastiest whiskey in stock for them. I was there talking to him once when they came in and bought 50 cases of whiskey and 12 cases of beer. *That was 600 half gallons of whiskey.* lol. They put it all into their construction trailer and probably had themselves a night.

alot of people entertain the idea of a simple life but most of us are too addicted to what we come from. so, if i had a few amenities i could do it, so, simple life? Yes, but it's other things that would bother me about any group of people, especially dogmatic people, if you aren't just like them you're seen as a devil and who the hell needs that?

I wouldn’t mind the simple lifestyle with no modern convenience, but the religious parts would be too much.

I live near the edge of Amish towns so here’s a few things:

I've never personally seen a hot Amish woman due to all of the inbreeding. Even if you did find one, they all smell horrible, since they only seem to bathe once a week.

The ones near me don’t use any electricity, but most of them have a generator in their barn they can have someone else run. Most of them pay a guy in food to drive them around during the week to go to their construction sites. He’s the only one allowed to use modern tools on the job sites.

They do like to get smashed drunk though. My buddy manages a liquor store on the edge of town and keeps the nastiest whiskey in stock for them. I was there talking to him once when they came in and bought 50 cases of whiskey and 12 cases of beer. *That was 600 half gallons of whiskey.* lol. They put it all into their construction trailer and probably had themselves a night.

How did they pay for the booze?

Back