*Could you name some really close fights in Brasil were the non-brazilian won the decision?*

Phil Davis vs Lyoto Machida

Hometown boy got robbed

Be careful betting if you think a fight with a Brazilian will go to the judges in Brazil. That’s all.

Chael dominated Anderson 50-43 and the crooked commission gave Silva the win by submission

Last edited:
darren elkins vs lucas martins
only real MMA fans know about that one

Brazil doesn't pay the judges, only England

First one that came to mind right there. Machida won that fight no doubt about it, I think I even had that 30-27 for him.

Edit: Dang, every media member scored it for Machida. http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/4380/Phil-Davis-vs-Lyoto-Machida
The first two rounds were close but I had Machida winning the fight 30-28

10-9
10-10
10-9

Judge Chris Watts gave Phil Davis the third round. Fuckin retard. That was the most clear cut round for Machida.

Pelé vs Eric Smith @ Brazil Open '97, Split Dec.

Pelé also lost a dec. to Chuck in Brazil [IVC], hardcore fight, but Chuck was bigger indeed.

What about UFC fights in the UK where American fighters beat UK fighters by close decision... (are there any?)

Here's one that still bewhilders me...

Aevjyen.jpg

The Brazil decision thing is blown so out of proportion lol.Everywhere you go you're going to get a slight hometown judging advantage,Brazil isn't way above the rest people just hang on to it more and call it a thing.When Mario Yamasaki refs though,he's clearly biased as fuck,never warns brazilians about breaking the rules,stops fights early for Brazilians,stands up fights in the interest of the Brazilian,he's just absolute trash,but other than that the judging is just like any hometown judging.I looked into it before in detail.

Last edited:
Big Nog lost his retirementfight against Struve.

Back