Countries that buy foreign athletes to represent them

2arctanx

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why do they do it? Whats the point?

Screen_Shot_2018_08_30_at_12_26_15.png

you saw this and thought it would be cool to post, and it would get you a ton of likes, without even knowing who the fuck they are, all but one was born in France, and he wasn't bought to represent them, he's lived there since he was 2 years old.

Last edited:
I don't mind that. None of those guys would rather live outside France, I'm sure.

What bothers me more is how many athletes come to live, eat, train, and make their salaries in the USA, all while being trained by American coaches in American facilities, but then have the audacity to compete for these other countries in nationalist competitions like the Olympics, World Baseball Cup, or what have you.

If they showed the true American medal count for swimming at the Olympics, and didn't restrict the total number of swimmers/relays per event, we would be bagging ~2/3 the medal count, not just 1/3.

Singapore buys athletes from China who didn't made the grade for the Chinese team. Good for the Chinesee athletes I guess since they'd be hard pressed to find gainful employment after spending their entires lives in training camps.

I don't mind that. None of those guys would rather live outside France, I'm sure.

What bothers me more is how many athletes come to live, eat, train, and make their salaries in the USA, all while being trained by American coaches in American facilities, but then have the audacity to compete for these other countries in nationalist competitions like the Olympics, World Baseball Cup, or what have you.

If they showed the true American medal count for swimming at the Olympics, and didn't restrict the total number of swimmers/relays per event, we would be bagging ~2/3 the medal count, not just 1/3.

i agree with everything you said except for the fact that every nation should be restricted to one athlete per event. the premise is that every nation sends their best athlete.

you saw this and thought it would be cool to post, and it would get you a ton of likes, without even knowing who the fuck they are, all but one was born in France, and he wasn't bought to represent then, he's lived there since he was 2 years old.

France's entire immigration policy has been modified to make it easy for people from African countries to immigrate to it for participation in sports. They have farm teams for this purpose as well.

France's entire immigration policy has been modified to make it easy for people from African countries to immigrate to it for participation in sports. They have farm teams for this purpose as well.
even if that's the case, it doesn't alter the fact that Samuel Umtiti is the only non born Frenchman in that photo.

Isnt that what the US does with soccer. Isnt half our team from Germany?

Back