Courage Under Fire (1996)...

StewDogg11

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I know I’m 23 years too late but I caught this for the first time last night. Pretty good movie and great acting from everyone from Denzel Washington to Scott Glenn to a young Matt Damon but man Meg Ryan...was terrible. The horrible Texas accent and the annoying way she screamed orders...terribly annoying at best and nearly film ruining at worst.

Also Denzel Washington basically plays the exact same character to a lesser extent that he would play 18 years later in Flight.

I kinda agree.

It was a good flick.
It’s been years since I’ve seen that movie, at least well over a decade.

Her accent was terrible this I do remember.
Lol. Good call though.
She mailed that shit in to say the very least.

Lol, I do recall that horrible accent. Was just too forced. Other than that though, great movie from my recollection. Admittedly, it's been probably at last 5-6 years since I've last seen it.

Lol, I do recall that horrible accent. Was just too forced. Other than that though, great movie from my recollection. Admittedly, it's been probably at last 5-6 years since I've last seen it.

“Mutiny, a crime punishable by death!!!”

So cringeworthy

I know I’m 23 years too late but I caught this for the first time last night. Pretty good movie and great acting from everyone from Denzel Washington to Scott Glenn to a young Matt Damon...

th

this was a decent movie, not great but it was good, and Meg Ryan was above mediocre which is the best compliment i can give her for her performance

It was the movie that taught me you can shoot dope between your toes

I think this was when Meg Ryan was still hot...?

I know I’m 23 years too late but I caught this for the first time last night. Pretty good movie and great acting from everyone from Denzel Washington to Scott Glenn to a young Matt Damon but man Meg Ryan...was terrible. The horrible Texas accent and the annoying way she screamed orders...terribly annoying at best and nearly film ruining at worst.

Also Denzel Washington basically plays the exact same character to a lesser extent that he would play 18 years later in Flight.
Meg Ryan was horrible in that flick lol I as like wtf, you forgot lou diamond phillips that was the role that revived his career he got a golden globe and sag nomination, Damon was a junky and super scrawny in there right? I havent seen it in ages it was pretty good

Meg Ryan was horrible in that flick lol I as like wtf, you forgot lou diamond phillips that was the role that revived his career he got a golden globe and sag nomination, Damon was a junky and super scrawny in there right? I havent seen it in ages it was pretty good

In the flashback combat scenes he looks normal but yeah in present day scenes he’s scrawny looking and we later find out he’s a junkie.

EDIT: Just read on IMDB that he lost 40 pounds in between filming of the two time periods and basically nearly killed himself.

Last edited:
Another cringeworthy Ryan moment after she gets shot:

“I delivered a 9 pound baby, I’m pretty sure I’ll manage!!!”

Pretty sure in no way does having a baby prepare you or ensure your survival after being gutshot.

Another cringeworthy Ryan moment after she gets shot:

“I delivered a 9 pound baby, I’m pretty sure I’ll manage!!!”

Pretty sure in no way does having a baby prepare you or ensure your survival after being gutshot.

Nowadays you wouldn't have even heard the next five minutes of the movie as the audience cheered and whooped it up after that line.

Yea, apparently Damon fucked up his kidneys dropping all that weight.

This movie had me pissing on my feet for years to kill athletes foot

Back