Covington blames Dustin Poirier as the one guy who got him banned from gym

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
When listing his dream fights for ufc.com, one of them is a fight with Dustin. And this is his justification:

“A guy by the name of Dustbin Sore-ier. He’s the one that got me kicked out of my old gym by crying and having feelings, saying ‘Oh, Colby is a mean person. Kick him out of our gym!” while we get
locked in an Octagon to hurt each other in our underwear on Saturday nights. I would love to square up with Dustin Soreier, but he’s afraid of me and he’s afraid of my shadow. I’ll never get to fight him because he’s just scared.”

Damn, I remember that Colby brought up all the drama taking away his focus and stuff back then. It seemed like Joanna J and others (Mas too?) were highly involved in getting him kicked out.
Now Dustin gets all the blame about 2 years later? Thoughts?

Now Dustin gets all the blame about 2 years later? Thoughts?
Thats actually old news. He's been talking massive shit about Dustin for years now, always bringing him up when it comes to getting kicked out of that gym.

For how often Colby trashes his old coaches, he sure as hell sounds bitter about being "kicked out". As if his corny bullshit did not contribute.

Colby went scorched earth on Dustin awhile back, calling him swamp trash, a terrible father, and something about his wife having fake boobs. Not surprised he’s still bitter, he can’t fight Joanna and he already beat Masvidal, the last one left on his ATT revenge tour is Dustin who is refusing to fight him in the cage

Colby started acting like a jackass and offending his teammates, he shouldnt have been surprised they banned him.

I don't get why he did it either. Guys like Chael and Strickland have been able to trash talk and develop these characters while still being friends with their teammates. You'll never seen Chael or Strickland bash their own gym.

Colby, you only have yourself to blame.

You don't talk shit about your teammates/training partners and not expect blow back. I'm sure you were warned and it didn't stop you from continuing down that path again and again.

Colby is obviously an asshole but Poirier seems super thin skinned and like he takes himself way too seriously. Get off your pedestal Poirier you’re only 5 foot 8

Dustin isn't some saint in the gym either :rolleyes:

I think that's Dustin's old gym, I'm pretty sure the headcoach told Dustin to go hard on the guy since he was barely showing up/partying all the time while he had a fight set in a few weeks.

It’s crazy to me that there are people who want to see Colby fight Poirier. I assume they are just incredibly dumb or just want another excuse for Colby to avoid his own division.

There’s better fights for both guys in their respective divisions, no need for the dumbass WWE type drama

As much as I hate Colby's heel character, its pretty much been verified as a fake character for promotion. The dudes taking it seriously and getting all bent out of shape about it are like this guy:

View attachment 1013663

Imo Colby likely used to handle both Masvidal and Dustin in the gym during training and that’s what they are really secretly bitter about. Colby talking shit definitely didn’t help things, but both Dustin and Mas seem very thin skinned and were already holding resentment towards Colby.

Imo Colby likely used to handle both Masvidal and Dustin in the gym during training and that’s what they are really secretly bitter about. Colby talking shit definitely didn’t help things, but both Dustin and Mas seem very thin skinned and were already holding resentment towards Colby.
Jorge literally tried to copy Colby's heel gimmick, so he can't be sore about it. Dustin can't get over the way the more charismatic fighters can even tho he's one of the best actual fighters, so there's jealousy at play there.

Jorge literally tried to copy Colby's heel gimmick, so he can't be sore about it. Dustin can't get over the way the more charismatic fighters can even tho he's one of the best actual fighters, so there's jealousy at play there.
I highly doubt Dustin is jealous of Colby. He’s likely made quite a bit more money and is a much bigger star than Colby. If anything it probably eats at Colby that he is constantly trying to pick a fight with Dustin and Dustin rarely even acknowledges him.

Back