COWBOY BEBOP Live-Action TV Series (Six More Join the Cast)

maxresdefault-20.jpg

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cowboy-bebop-live-action-tv-series-1202454831/

http://nerdist.com/cowboy-bebop-is-getting-a-live-action-tv-series/

Eighteen years after the final episode of Cowboy Bebop‘s iconic anime series, the crew of the starship Bebop is getting a live-action reboot on television.

Variety is reporting that Thor screenwriter and comic book veteran Chris Yost is adapting Cowboy Bebop for television, with Sunrise Inc. and Midnight Radio producing the series. The Cowboy Bebop anime debuted in Japan in 1998 and it quickly became one of the most popular series in the world. It was even the first anime to be broadcast on Adult Swim in 2001.

I'm not a big anime guy, but even I've seen Cowboy Bebop, and it was phenomenal. It could be great, the source material is solid and they're working with the original production team. The cast is going to play a huge factor on whether it's any good. It also could be the worst thing in the world.

This one of these few shows I haven't seen yet but would love to.

I can only imagine the s**t storm this will cause when it comes to casting.

This one of these few shows I haven't seen yet but would love to.

I can only imagine the s**t storm this will cause when it comes to casting.
What are you waiting for? Put everything else on hold and watch it. It's incredible.

What's up with all this live action anime adaptations. The only live action I enjoyed more than the actual anime is Rurouni Kenshin. Highly recommended trilogy to watch, maybe even better if you never watched the anime or read the manga before.
saw the first one but never followed it up and forgot about.it. Maybe I'll do that as I'll be snowed in for a while. also liked the live action moribito

What's up with all this live action anime adaptations. The only live action I enjoyed more than the actual anime is Rurouni Kenshin. Highly recommended trilogy to watch, maybe even better if you never watched the anime or read the manga before.
RK has been made by japanese who actually give fucks about the original source, CB will not lol

Hollywood ever think original source as a very secondary factor, even when handling western source, imagine anime lol

Please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up, please don't fuck this up...

It won't do justice to the anime.

If this sucks then we will have to carry that weight

it being done by Netflix gives me a sliver of hope based off of Altered Carbon and again with Lost in Space. But I'd rather they not touch it.

they already made cowboy bebop tv show, its called firefly

If it sucks who cares? True detective season 2 sucked dick but that didn't ruin season 1.

Update: April 4, 2019

John Cho Cast as Spike Spiegel in COWBOY BEBOP Live-Action TV Series; Three More Round Up the Main Cast

XpWyYWi.jpg

The Bebop has found its crew. John Cho will topline Cowboy Bebop, Netflix's live-action take on the influential space Western anime, featuring castmembers such as Luke Cage actor Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom) and Alex Hassell.

Alex Garcia Lopez, who has helmed episodes of Daredevil, Luke Cage and Cloak and Dagger, will direct the first two installments of the 10-episode series. Christopher Yost wrote the first episode.

Showrunning and exec producing are Josh Appelbaum, Andre Nemec, Jeff Pinkner and Scott Rosenberg of Midnight Radio, the banner behind shows Limetown, High Fidelity and Knightfall.

Bebop is described as "the jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of a ragtag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system's most dangerous criminals," working from their spaceship, Bebob.

Cho will play Spike Spiegel, which the streamer has describing as "an impossibly cool 'cowboy' (bounty hunter) with a deadly smile, a wry wit and style to spare. He travels the solar system with his ex-cop partner, Jet, pursuing the future's most dangerous bounties with a combination of charm, charisma — and deadly Jeet Kune Do."

Shakir is playing his partner, Jet Black, "one of the few honest cops in the solar system before an ultimate betrayal robbed him of all that he loved, forcing him into a vagabond life of hunting bounties to put food on the table. Jet is an inveterate jazz enthusiast and captain of the Bebop."

Pineda is playing Faye Valentine, an amnesiac thief and con artist, while Hassell is Vicious, Spiegel's ex-partner who is now out to kill him.

Shinichiro Watanabe, who directed the original anime, is a consultant on the series, which first aired in Japan in 1998, spawning a manga and film before coming to America in 2001, where it developed a major cult following and unleashed a wave of anime.

Other exec producers include Marty Adelstein and Becky Clements of Tomorrow Studios (Hanna), Yasuo Miyakawa, Masayuki Ozaki, and Shin Sasaki of Sunrise Inc., as well as Tetsu Fujimura and Matthew Weinberg.

Cho, who stars in an episode of Jordan Peele's The Twilight Zone, is coming off an acclaimed performance in Searching, which yielded him an Indie Spirit Award nomination, and The Oath. He has two movies in the can: Tigertail, the love story from Alan Yang that will stream on Netflix, and a remake of The Grudge.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cho-star-netflixs-cowboy-bebop-1199457

john_cho_mustafa_shakir_daniella_pineda_and_alex_hassell_split.jpg

Kal Penn should be in the mushroom samba episode now.

Not a fan of John Cho's casting here. He looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome and doesn't scream Spike to me. I'll def check it out though, as I love the anime. I have zero faith in Netflix anything, but they occasionally put out gems, like Altered Carbon.

Not a fan of John Cho's casting here. He looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome and doesn't scream Spike to me. I'll def check it out though, as I love the anime. I have zero faith in Netflix anything, but they occasionally put out gems, like Altered Carbon.

They actually changed alterd carbon for the worse lol (a lot of shit was not in book)

First 5 episodes were awesome though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back