Cowboy vs Pettis

Ufcmaster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is such a stupid fight made by the UFC to keep pettis in the rankings because he's a name. I hate this fight. We just got rid of Pettis out the top 15 to get him in again when he finishes cowboy is lame.

Pettis will then become ranked and probably leapfrog CDF who beat him lol

If that is not enough he will kick out either Hernandez or Makhachev out of the rankings because he was unranked before.

Both these dinosaurs and washed up fighters in pettis and cowboy should if not cut but dropped from the rankings :mad:

And these are Tony's last two wins lol
What a fucking mess is 155

Cowboy should have faced CDF, Dober or an unranked guy that's not pettis.
Pettis should have hanged the gloves or went to bellator.

Khabib Bless

618809-29f18f5a26ab8949f4357f14fcf4a2cd.png

...what i get is....TS is not a Pettis fan

...what i dont get is...who is CDF?

...what i get is....TS is not a Pettis fan

...what i dont get is...who is CDF?
I have nothing personally against Pettis. I just think when guys are done, they're done. At this point Pettis is just taking away opportunities from unranked guys and potential contenders like Makhachev.

CDF = Carlos Diego Ferreira. He's the guy that choked out Pettis in the second round of UFC 246 on the Conrat/Cowboy card in January

Khabib Bless

I really like Showtime Pettis but his Time is clearly over. Seems like he don't have it anymore. Pettis survived like a bad ass the second round vs Tony with a broken arm and getting beaten up heavily but then failed to struggle the choke vs Carlos. He immediately tapped.

To be honest I am not sure if the UFC try to let him stay relevant or just want to get rid of both. 2-3 years ago that would be a pretty sick Fight but now? meeh
UFC wants to keep both of them relevant.
If they wanted cowboy or pettis gone they would have given both of them some unranked stud to hand them a loss and kick them out of the rankings.

Unfortunately cowboy and pettis got a bit of a name and the UFC wants them to stay relevant. They are thinking short term and not long term.

Khabib Bless

I like Cowboy but really, after his last interv Im getting sick of his princess mentality. Get Yourself together, You want it or not?
Watching fighter that doesnt want to be in the cage getting beat up is sadism.

Last edited:
the fight is at WW, so your entire thread is moot

FLUSH THIS SHIT THREAD

Cowboy needs to retire. I like Pettis but he just doesn’t have it anymore. Seems the UFC is keeping both of them around as gatekeepers of the division.

Cowboy is a straight bum. You can’t just “not show up” to huge fights. You are a man, a man produces results. Like Khabib said he is mentally weak.

Cowboy is a straight bum. You can’t just “not show up” to huge fights. You are a man, a man produces results. Like Khabib said he is mentally weak.
I would never have considered this before the Conor debacle.

Both of these guys are half checked out of the fight game but are kept around because they want money and the UFC wants known "names" to fill out undercards. It seems that both of them will fold almost immediately if things start not going their way.

I like Cowboy but really, after his last interv Im getting sick of his princess mentality. Get Yourself together, You want it or not?
Watching fighter that doesnt want to be in the cage getting beat up is sadism.

Princess mentality? You guys crack me the fuck up

Should be a good fight, I’m looking forward to it. Replays of PGA events and walks around the block are getting old.

Is an ‘entertaining’ fight hypothetically, perfect for the UFC comeback, with casuals knowing both. Not that difficult

I like these kind of fights. Sure, they're both past their primes but we get to find out who's more washed up.

Khabib calling someone mentally weak is hilarious.

FFS it's just about expectations.

You know what you're getting going in. It's two former elite guys now past their prime.

It will probably be way more entertaining than some random WMMA fight. Every card you are gonna have a fight or two like this. You know they aren't what they were but if the matchup is relatively even who cares? Will still be somewhat entertaining so just go with it.

the fight is at WW, so your entire thread is moot

FLUSH THIS SHIT THREAD

This is what I was wondering, is it at WW or LW? Wiki says WW, ESPN doesn't say which, and I didn't bother checking that mess of a UFC site.

Pettis is still ranked at WW but not LW, and vice versa for Cerrone.

Khabib is one of the biggest ducks in MMA history.

This is such a stupid fight made by the UFC to keep pettis in the rankings because he's a name. I hate this fight. We just got rid of Pettis out the top 15 to get him in again when he finishes cowboy is lame.

Pettis will then become ranked and probably leapfrog CDF who beat him lol

If that is not enough he will kick out either Hernandez or Makhachev out of the rankings because he was unranked before.

Both these dinosaurs and washed up fighters in pettis and cowboy should if not cut but dropped from the rankings :mad:

And these are Tony's last two wins lol
What a fucking mess is 155

Cowboy should have faced CDF, Dober or an unranked guy that's not pettis.
Pettis should have hanged the gloves or went to bellator.

Khabib Bless

View attachment 765424

LW is a mess basically because the belt isn't defended enough. This fight semi makes sense so I ain't mad at it. I cant see cerrone beating him though, should be all pettis.

Back