Social Crisis' at Columbia University forces classes online, arrests at Yale College campuses are becoming battle grounds for Hamas and Isreal

It's all 1939 all over again. And this time, the persecution is coming from the far left.

They like America and hence do not want America to support the murder of Palestinian civilians.
I am pretty sure no one is for the support of that, Hamas is the goal if you been paying attention .

Daily Beast got community noted lol ..

"Important context: Isra Hisri may not have expected repercussions when initially joining the protest, but was given advance warning of pending suspension, arrest, and eviction from campus housing.She had with plenty of time to avoid these consequences and chose to accept them.https://www.newsweek.com/columbia-university-warns-students-suspend-over-protest-president-testifies-congress-1891471

"When Democratic Representative Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, one of two Muslim women serving in Congress, pressed Shafik on why students on campus were evicted and suspended for their participation in pro-Palestinian events, Shafik said the students had refused to cooperate with an investigation."

So much for free speech?

Can't help but think this is partially a result of incendiary us vs them politics over there in the USA.

If this forum is anything to go by, and some of the politicians you have over there, everyone is so god damn quick to label someone they disagree with as an enemy.

That's not hyperbole, either, the number of people that immediately associate anti-war sentiment with antisemitism or being pro-terrorism is ridiculous. It cuts the other way, too, people who support Israel being labeled pro-genocide.

Neither is remotely true, the discourse is just so full of hysteria that every mainstream issue someone gets 'othered'.

Jewish students aren't to blame for Israeli military and governmental crimes, nor are pro-Gaza protesters to blame for what terrorists choose to do.

These politics exist everywhere, of course, but USA takes it up a notch.

Labels are pushed here in the US from birth. It seems there's a want to keep us divided and it seems to be working. Some labels are treated as "special"; deserving of recognition and celebration while others are downplayed if not demonized.

In the past people pushed for inclusion and against treating others differently due to race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation. Now the push is to call out differences and treat individuals a certain way based on whatever trait is assigned to them. Those pushing for this don't see the hypocrisy of treating people differently and not equally.

At some point we went too far and let these labels define "us" when we should have let them die off and tried to be homogenous; viewing each other simply as humans and fellow Americans.

That’s the joke

It's a joke when people know it's (supposed to be) satire, or it's a joke when people laugh at the people who believe it. Stripping the Babylon B label and selling it as straight up news doesn't seem that funny.

I had to dig a couple of levels to find the source but I'm terminally online and curious, most people seeing this in their feeds won't do that.

It's a joke when people know it's (supposed to be) satire, or it's a joke when people laugh at the people who believe it. Stripping the Babylon B label and selling it as straight up news doesn't seem that funny.

I had to dig a couple of levels to find the source but I'm terminally online and curious, most people seeing this in their feeds won't do that.
You really think people ITT think Bin Laden is getting a posthumous degree?

I think Shadowrun might, have you seen the garbage he posts? He has the worst feed I've ever seen.
You’re definitely discounting a few other crackpots. To be fair, earlier this year, TikTok had Gen Z believing OBL was right and just.

Back