Crocop doesn't deserve enough recognition around here

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Before Conor Mcgregor, Crocop was the guy who showed that you could have a limited grappling but if you are really good at knocking people out, at the highest level, you can be really successful.

There may have been other strikers who may have come before him and had some level of success, but none like Crocop did coming from pure striking background, and had that level of success.

giphy.gif

Before Khabib and Conor, there was Fedor-Crocop. Personally, Crocop is the greatest combat sports second finisher of all time, if it wasn't for Ernesto Hoost and Fedor, two Goats in their respective sports, Crocop might have been able to claim the mantle of the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.

Doesn't deserve? You mean he's not getting enough respect ;-)

But I agree, CroCop was a monster in his day. He'd smoke most HWs of today.

Damn how you so old but so bad at engrish

Fujita+CroCop.jpg

His firs MMA fight was on one month notice against Ironhead Fujita. Japans greco-roman champion and pro wrestler and very respected 240lbs hw figher.

Cro Cop didn't wrestle a day in his life. Pure striker.

He sad in an interview after the fight that there was no point of trying to lear wrestling in a month. I knew he would go for a double leg takedown so I practiced 1 kick for a month. Just knee to the head if the tries to take me down. And i landed.

He broke Fujitas orbital bone and put him out of fighting for over a year.

I liked watching Mirko but I always thought he was overrated.
He had some good wins especially Barnett Coleman Randleman and Igor but he fought a lot of Japanese wrestler types.
Also I seem to remember him being an eye poking machine.

I liked watching Mirko but I always thought he was overrated.
He had some good wins especially Barnett Coleman Randleman and Igor but he fought a lot of Japanese wrestler types.
Also I seem to remember him being an eye poking machine.

giphy.gif

For a guy who was a mediocre K-1 guy he sure did show the difference in mma striking & legit kickboxing

Back