Crocop or Pereira, a better combat sports athlete?

Interesting way to describe a previous UFC champion, nerd.
Then the argument goes to "Oh but Mirkos prime was BEFORE he got KO'd by Gonzaga, Brenda Schaub & Frank Mir!!!!!!" at give or take a year or 2 between Mirkos age with Poatan, then the mileage & training talk while Alex went through the same minus beating up washed Japanese pro wrestlers

CroCop never wore gold, and he was on the sauce.
And gets beaten to a pulp by black dudes with blonde hair, left hook by Michael & Randleman drops Mirko, Alex knocks his head off.

Mirko had favorable match ups in the UFC to add to his highlight reel, was a terrible run.

Last edited:
Interesting way to describe a previous UFC champion, nerd.

Interesting how you're not smart enough to recognize that there has been a massive decline in talent in the LHW divison. It's almost as if 43 year old Glover and 41 year old Journey man Jan winning titles in this era while failing to do so in the previous era isn't enough of an indicator for a dullard like you. Next you're going to say "Deontay Wilder was as good as Ali because he was a champion too" 🤡

I don't think much of Cro-Cop's boxing record. If anyone can name some known boxers he defeated, that would help.
During his amateur boxing career Cro Cop fought:

- WBO world HW champion Sirakhei Liakhovich

- world silver medailist and Pan American champion Cuban Alexis Rubalcaba.

- amateur world and european boxing champion and olympic medailist Russian Alexei Lezin who defeated Vitali Klitchko in 1995 to win world amateur boxing title.

- world amateur boxing champion and WBA EBU european pro boxing champion Sinan Samil Sam from Turkey

- olympic, world and european medailist Paolo Vidoz from Italy

*let's not forget old man Cro Cop beat Jarell Miller in K-1 while hardly throwing any kicks. Miller is a legitimate HW pro boxer.

56 amateur boxing matches, 48 wins and 31 knockouts and 3x national champion of Croatia.

I'd say that's a fairly decent and high level amateur career on the European circuit.

Source: Cro Cop interview 8th January 2017,

Google translate:

Pause Mirko used very useful. He devoted himself to amateur boxing, where he amassed 56 appearances and 48 wins.

Already in 1997 I was state champion in the heavyweight. In those years I have gained crucial experience and always tell the guys who inquire about my career that I've done the hardest fights for free. I boxed then the world runner-up Cubans Rubalcaba, with world and European champion Russians Lézin, with subsequent international amateur and professional European champion Turk Samil, the winner of the Olympic bronze Paolo Vidoz, with subsequent world professional champion Ljahovičem ... All these entries in the ring, even experienced defeat, we were the springboard for everything that will later make

Last edited:
man this ones tough.

i'd lean pereira just based off belts and win % in both ufc and k1.

mirko did face more grapplers like randleman, coleman, fedor, barnett. even subbed pat barry and randleman.

And gets beaten to a pulp by black dudes with blonde hair, left hook by Michael & Randleman drops Mirko, Alex knocks his head off.

Mirko had favorable match ups in the UFC to add to his highlight reel, was a terrible run.

🐀

Reactions: mkt
fans usually over-rate rate and overhype fighters and as soon as they don't perform to their liking, they dump them and say they were never that good. this is a problem.

Prime Crocop wins. He was shot phisically for the last part of his career. Pereira is healthy and has.a.way better UFC career. Mirko was an actual HW

Interesting how you're not smart enough to recognize that there has been a massive decline in talent in the LHW divison. It's almost as if 43 year old Glover and 41 year old Journey man Jan winning titles in this era while failing to do so in the previous era isn't enough of an indicator for a dullard like you. Next you're going to say "Deontay Wilder was as good as Ali because he was a champion too" 🤡
You sound like a handicapped person. I never said anything like that, nor did anyone else. Intellectually, you aren't worth arguing with. You're that stupid.

Then the argument goes to "Oh but Mirkos prime was BEFORE he got KO'd by Gonzaga, Brenda Schaub & Frank Mir!!!!!!" at give or take a year or 2 between Mirkos age with Poatan, then the mileage & training talk while Alex went through the same minus beating up washed Japanese pro wrestlers
Don't forget LHW Randleman....Mirko was prime by anyone's standards in that fight. And Randleman was literally a 50/50 fighter. 17-16 in his career and 4-7 in Pride.

I also find it funny people still say 2006 OWGP Cro-Cop was one of the best HWs ever...yet a year later when he signed his UFC contract he became "past prime."

Yea, you definitely missed something 🤡
All I know is Crocop never won any belt yet alone sniffed any in the UFC. Was crocop a 2 division champ? I just remember him getting smashed by Hoost and other top guys. Or was Cropcop a 2 division champ too? Maybe I missed something.

All I know is Crocop never won any belt yet alone sniffed any in the UFC. Was crocop a 2 division champ? I just remember him getting smashed by Hoost and other top guys. Or was Cropcop a 2 division champ too? Maybe I missed something.

"All I know is I'm an uneducated dullard."

🤡

CC right now because Alex has fought a grand total of 0 grapplers in the history of his professional career.

Which goes to show how much more corrupt today is than before. lol fucking imagine CC never fighting a single grappler in his lifetime yet somehow winning 2 belts. Unreal.

Cro Cop looked amazing when not tested for peds and looked horrible when he was. Same with most of the pride “legends”. Poatan is better based of being tested and still looking amazing.

straight up skillwise? i think Mirko takes it by a lot. i don't see people talk about it, but Mirko's style DRASTICALLY changed from kickboxing to MMA. he was more of a flurry fighter in kickboxing, using his boxing combinations to setup his high kick. in MMA he became a sniper and used distance as his defense. i think he's way more versatile than Pereira is.

Back