Cruz has only 6 UFC fights in 9 years

cruz is built like oreos left too long in milk
Actually if you leave oreos in milk too long they get hard again, try it. There is a set amount of time you need to leave them in and don't dip the whole cookie in leave the very top out of the milk so the air can release and it will soak up milk better. I was an oreo addict many years ago.

It's a damn shame we never got to see the best of Cruz, because the years of 2012-2015 would have been his best. Still on the light side of 30 to have his physical gifts, but old enough to have the experience and knowledge of a champion.

That said, he still gave a damn good account of himself even without his best years, and his resume still holds up to stand the test of time. Benavidez x2, Faber x2, DJ, and TJ are six very good wins, and he probably would have styled on Barao.

I wouldn't count him out against Cejudo. The guy may be held together by medical science at this point, but he has one of the strongest wills I've ever seen.

How crazy would it be if we got Cruz/Aldo in 2020/2021?

Cruz vs Aldo would be epic during their primes, now it'd be Cruz just dancing and jabbing Aldo, while Aldo throws punches and hardly any leg kicks.

I never liked Cruz but that’s sad for an athlete to be so riddled with injuries for so long.

kidding in cruzes case it is not.

and i bet half those fights are against faber
cruz one of the most overrated champs in UFC history

It was funny when the interim champ was defending his belt and Dom keep avoiding vacating his belt somehow.

And it's not like he is a draw or something, that's why always make me wonder why UFC didn't strip him.
That annoyed my too. Barao deserved to be the undisputed champ back when he was doing that.

Cruz vs Aldo would be epic during their primes, now it'd be Cruz just dancing and jabbing Aldo, while Aldo throws punches and hardly any leg kicks.

Maybe, but maybe not. Just like I wouldn't count Cruz out against Cejudo, I wouldn't count Aldo out against Cruz. They're both all time greats.

But you are right. I worry about Aldo's diminished reflexes and regressing game against a consummate professional like Cruz. But, we also haven't seen Dom in a long time, so who knows. Total question mark fight.

It was funny when the interim champ was defending his belt and Dom keep avoiding vacating his belt somehow.

And it's not like he is a draw or something, that's why always make me wonder why UFC didn't strip him.

They wanted the Cruz to be a draw so bad after he ruined Faber as UFC's money maker in the newly added lighter divisions.

Spinning kicks or not, Barao was never a draw.

Hos comeback win over dillashaw is one of the most impressive things ive ever seen . Been out for so many Years Comes back and wins over a dominant champion, a champion that may have been on epo .

Sorry, 250 lbs ripped 3% body fat 6'5" sherdoggers don't usually get injured.

<Fedor23>
OMG Liar!!!! you're such a liar @qw3rty , you're never 6'5'' and 3% body fat, I have seen you in person... you looked close to 7 foot, I would have you at about 6'10'', and you certainly ain't carrying no body fat, 0% body fat. You're jacked.

Whats your max bench press again? something in the 2,500 Ibs range if I remember correctly.

I just beat my current deadlift numbers, previous max deadlift was 2,180 Ibs, but I'm now at 2,300 Ibs, so I am catching up :D but the bench press is harder.

Just a pair of good ole fashioned super jacked sherdoggers, ya know the normal.

I look up to him for insisting that his career isn’t over when most guys would have packed it in years ago

He was the draw at that division. It was Faber then him and he had just beaten Faber.

They wanted the Cruz to be a draw so bad after he ruined Faber as UFC's money maker in the newly added lighter divisions.

Spinning kicks or not, Barao was never a draw.
Believe it or not Dana didn't like Cruz's fighting style much. I'm pretty sure they were banking on Faber/Barao/TJ winning. The big favours they really did him was the Faber v Cruz 3 and his fight vs Cody but I'm pretty sure they did that because Cody had a lot of hype and Faber's name had some value plus the rivalry was established to most audiences on TUF.

I’ve always disliked Cruz as a fighter, but as the years went on, I still dislike the guy.
giphy.gif

I like Dom, wtf? Why the hate? The guy has had some shitty luck. Seriously, none of you can relate to that???
<{vega}>
If i know my body cant handle a sport, i dont try to be a champion holding the entre division as a hostage of my glass body.

never count Cruz out, cage rust is a myth... he will comeback from him few years hiatus like
<{natewhut}>

Back