Cruz - "I am the best 135 lb Fighter. I was on a 3 year layoff, came back and beat TJ off the couch"

Who is the best ever at 135?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is but I don't think he's worth a title shot at this point in his carrier cruz just trying to cash in on TJ beating him up, and TJ can't 'win' this rematch he could ko dom like cody, and everyone will excuse dom as 'past his prime he won when they were at their best' or 'dom recent injuris were the difference' or 'the time off' unless dom shows he's still the dominator before by beating someone else this win will be hollow for tj.

HAHA....And here.....we......go.

Sounds like Cruz is feeling disrespected from Rogans saying TJ is the best BW ever.

His point is a valid one imo, though there are those who argue that Dillashaw should have gotten the decision.

Who has the strongest case at this stage for being Bantamweight GOAT?

Time-stamped :

They both aren’t the best. TJ defended belt twice n lost to Cruz. Cruz fought 3 guys then lost to Cody. Stupid arguements about guys that have not even come close to defending their belts like Silva and MM or even JJ

Even if you think tj won its embarrassing it was even that close

They might have bigger names but they weren't better. MM is small and wasn't on the same level as his flyweight run, he improved a lot even from the Ian McCall fights. Cruz fought him way before that.

Faber wasn't ever better than Barao, Cody or Assuncao and the last time they fought he was old and had no business fighting for the title.

And the TJ fight was a controversial split decision. All of TJ's wins are dominant. Cody, Barao and Assuncao especially when and how he beat them are way better than Faber and MM wins. Barao was on top of a better division than its state before Cruz was injured. There was more depth and more exposure.

Is beating Robert Whittaker 4 years ago as good of a win as beating him now? Surely not. So bringing up the MM fight is ridiculous.

Those are all ridiculous opinions, I can tell you are biased if u seriously think tj's best wins are better than dom's.

MM was still an elite BW bud, and if Cruz wasn't there he would have won the belt.

I would go into more detail, but if u think Cody and Barao are better than MM and faber then there is honestly no point, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

He won a controversial decision. IMO he lost that fight so he can’t say he’s the greatest.

Dominic is annoying as hell. His commentary sucks and his personality is that of someone who thinks he knows it all.

TJ - lost a close fight to Cruz

Cruz - got clowned by Cody

Cruz lose is much much much much much worse than TJ.

Right now TJ is the best and will probably win a rematch because he always comes better prepared to his rematches.

He won a controversial decision. IMO he lost that fight so he can’t say he’s the greatest.

Dominic is annoying as hell. His commentary sucks and his personality is that of someone who thinks he knows it all.
agreed. he is so annoying. he is intelligent when it comes to mma but he tries too hard to sound smart.

Those are all ridiculous opinions, I can tell you are biased if u seriously think tj's best wins are better than dom's.

MM was still an elite BW bud, and if Cruz wasn't there he would have won the belt.

I would go into more detail, but if u think Cody and Barao are better than MM and faber then there is honestly no point, so we will just have to agree to disagree.

I'm biased? What the fuck are you then?

Barao beat the absolute snot out of Faber. TWICE. The first time only 1 year after Faber's second fight with Cruz, one in which many people think Faber could have got the nod against the Decisionator.

Demetrius Johnson was fringe top 10 BW in 2011. He was leapfrogged like Cody was for the title shot. He was not nearly as good then as he has been the past couple of years. It's like the Celtics bragging that they beat the 86 Bulls because the Bulls went on to be a 72-10 win team a decade later. That's not a special all time win at bantamweight. Cruz also got outstruck and only beat him by point wrestling him.

Assuncao is absolutely a better bantamweight now than MM was in 2011. And TJ beat him handily and very recently.

Once again TJ wins emphatically. Cruz wins by the skin of his teeth with point fighting.

Cruz probably beats TJ again by split decision, It's a strange match up, Cruz seems to read TJ really well

Cruz is the perfect example why you should only hire retired fighters as commentators. Everything else is extremely unprofessional especially if the person has this giant chip on their shoulder like Cruz.

Also, the words fighter and Cruz should be banned from use in a single sentence as its a contradiction in itself. If Cruz wants the rematch for once let him earn it against Top5 opponent.

Regarding legacy TJs fight record is worlds better than Cruz. Its really no comparison if you look at the retrospective ranking of opponents and how TJ won.

I love Cruz. But he needs to beat a contender. I need to see him put a couple of fights together.

I think it has more to do with Dillashaw's sponsorship connection with Onnit (which Rogan part owns):
onnit-tj-dillashaw-twitter-contest.png
pro17-ebook-cutout.png
Interdasting <TheWire1>veeeery interdasting...

*morgan freeman he’s right you know gif*

Doms the best there’s ever been. I want to doubt he could come back and do the same against TJ again, but I just can’t. Dom is easily the BW GOAT

I don’t agree. You have to fight a little to be considered the best. It was just a few fights ago for him that he fought MM. Something like 5 fights ago. Let that shit sink in

Well, the best thing about this sport is, you put them in a cage and see who is the best.

At some point we will know who is the best bantamweight.

He is not the best ever. Rogan really was disrespectful to him when he said that. Typical prisoner of the moment bullshit. He is great but he needs to do more. And Dominic can still beat him in my opinion.
The title of greatest BW is obtainable for TJ for certain. But he's turning away from it for some reason. A decisive victory over Dom shuts a lot of his possible counter points off. He should be asking for that fight, to right the supposed wrong of the last verdict. Maybe he thinks Dom is a tough fight to win still sure, but he's gotta know he needs that fight. 2 decisive victories over cody, then getting his W over dom and there's no dispute to his throne except for the line up of challengers who can't rightfully claim anything except for a opportunity to prove themselves.

Anybody who thinks Dominic Cruz isn’t the best is just flat out wrong. You could make a movie about His life. No other person below 155 besides maybe Penn or Aldo. The dude is legit.

Back