Crypto Megathread v26 - Saved by the Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
FPCsK0pWQAAXkSW

Last edited:
Anyone use Brave browser? I finally verified my "uphold" wallet and converted my BAT to XRP but had an issue sending it to Coinbase... Not asking for help just wondering if anyone collects those free BAT's!? And when XRP blows up it's free tendies!
I haven't had Brave for that long, looks like only .5 BAT so far.

I haven't had Brave for that long, looks like only .5 BAT so far.
Took me maybe 8 months to get 30 bat... You need 25 to verify your wallet but the way I saw/see it is I'm going to use a browser on my phone anyway, might as well get a kickback of some kind. It's also a good browser imo.

*Edit: I tried to transfer my BAT from "brave" to Coinbase and they wanted to charge something like 11 BAT! So instead I converted the bat to XRP and transferring XRP to Coinbase has a fee of something like .001 XRP...

Took me maybe 8 months to get 30 bat... You need 25 to verify your wallet but the way I saw/see it is I'm going to use a browser on my phone anyway, might as well get a kickback of some kind. It's also a good browser imo.

*Edit: I tried to transfer my BAT from "brave" to Coinbase and they wanted to charge something like 11 BAT! So instead I converted the bat to XRP and transferring XRP to Coinbase has a fee of something like .001 XRP...

I use it on my phone, got about 12 in 4 months so far.

I don't mind it as my browser so win win

Newbie questions if i may

1. Are we in a bear market? If this the beggining of the crypto winter? We're at 40% from the all time high, with previous cycles you see bitcoin going to 80% of all time highs like previoius cycles. Do you think we'll hit newer lows?

2. Is the major part of your portfolio btc and eth? Would you rather invest in btc alone or eth with it as well?

3. Which will be the ethereum killers? Cardano, avalanche or solana? Or whatever else?

4. If i use multiple exchanges with the same coins. Can i put them all in one cold storage wallet? What ways do you guys use to keep your password? Write it down and lock it? Those metal plates and bury it? Etc.

1. Are we in a bear market? If this the beggining of the crypto winter? We're at 40% from the all time high, with previous cycles you see bitcoin going to 80% of all time highs like previoius cycles. Do you think we'll hit newer lows?

2. Is the major part of your portfolio btc and eth? Would you rather invest in btc alone or eth with it as well?

3. Which will be the ethereum killers? Cardano, avalanche or solana? Or whatever else?

4. If i use multiple exchanges with the same coins. Can i put them all in one cold storage wallet? What ways do you guys use to keep your password? Write it down and lock it? Those metal plates and bury it? Etc.

1. I don't know if it is or isn't. Sorry no help on that
2. No but eth is quite a large portion.. I have no btc
3. I don't think anything will " kill " etherium but sol seems to tempt a few.. it's had its own issues tho.
4. I just stake all mine so don't have a cold wallet. But all passwords and such are contained in my will. Get a safety deposit box put in there or executer of estate. ( safety box at bank with some gold and silver felt worthwhile to me )

1. I don't know if it is or isn't. Sorry no help on that
2. No but eth is quite a large portion.. I have no btc
3. I don't think anything will " kill " etherium but sol seems to tempt a few.. it's had its own issues tho.
4. I just stake all mine so don't have a cold wallet. But all passwords and such are contained in my will. Get a safety deposit box put in there or executer of estate. ( safety box at bank with some gold and silver felt worthwhile to me )
I like the idea of keeping the passwords in the will. Haven’t done that yet.

I like the idea of keeping the passwords in the will. Haven’t done that yet.

Yeah it's not pleasant thoughts but nobody getting my crypto/ government getting stuff is more unpleasant heh

question 1, consult crystal ball

question 2, personal preference. for my blue chips holdings i personally approximately hold BTC/ETH at the ratio of their market caps, give or take. I 'rebalance' via my DCA strategy.

question 3, consult crystal ball.

question 4, this is one you probably need some advice on. Coins held on exchanges (aka CEX - centralised exchange) are held in THEIR wallets at THEIR discretion. you just basically have a 'promissory note' that they'll give you the coins when you request them. you can move coins to cold storage for instance a hardware wallet. but you need your own wallet and to transfer the coins from their platforms.
P/W is interesting i personally write it down on paper and have one copy hidden in my house and one copy hidden in my shed. There are a couple ways to make that more secure. Flip the last two words of your seed phrase, or the last and first word, or dont include the last word of your seed but have that memorised, or if one of the words is meaningful in some way that you can write a clue that helps you and only you guess it, then leave a blank but write the clue. etc. many ways to skin thy cat.

question 4, this is one you probably need some advice on. Coins held on exchanges (aka CEX - centralised exchange) are held in THEIR wallets at THEIR discretion. you just basically have a 'promissory note' that they'll give you the coins when you request them. you can move coins to cold storage for instance a hardware wallet. but you need your own wallet and to transfer the coins from their platforms.
P/W is interesting i personally write it down on paper and have one copy hidden in my house and one copy hidden in my shed. There are a couple ways to make that more secure. Flip the last two words of your seed phrase, or the last and first word, or dont include the last word of your seed but have that memorised, or if one of the words is meaningful in some way that you can write a clue that helps you and only you guess it, then leave a blank but write the clue. etc. many ways to skin thy cat.

Just make sure someone knows or it's in will in case of passing. Or don't and see if crypto is the new coin for afterlife passage =)

That's because BAT is an ERC-20 coin so you're gonna get hit with Ethereum fees. Transactions on the XRP ledger cost something like 0.00015 XRP.

Been using Brave for a while now too. I started using it just to check it out and get some free crypto but yeah, as you said, it's actually a good browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back