Crypto Megathread v26 - Saved by the Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys realistically think BTC will be worth in, say 3 years? Crabbing sideways to $50k? Completely thrown aside down to $5k? $100k or more?

I read 1 interesting article saying that $21 trillion was the amount of money in the world at time of creation. So to replace all the money in the world a BTC would be worth $1million. Nowadays they estimate $40 trillion worth of fiat in the world. So I guess in order to BTC to replace all fiat money in the world a BTC would have to be worth $2mllion, roughly. Seems absolutely nuts that it would even replace 10% of the world's money. But if it did a BTC is still worth $200k and that's without more fiat money being created.
Interesting thought. It could be a real world currency, or a store of value. It's limited supply is what originally got me interested. My feel is that it could basically be a store of value albeit digital almost akin to gold. Key word being almost as gold does have real world use besides being a, well at least in Switzerland, something a currency can be backed by.

What do you guys realistically think BTC will be worth in, say 3 years? Crabbing sideways to $50k? Completely thrown aside down to $5k? $100k or more?

I read 1 interesting article saying that $21 trillion was the amount of money in the world at time of creation. So to replace all the money in the world a BTC would be worth $1million. Nowadays they estimate $40 trillion worth of fiat in the world. So I guess in order to BTC to replace all fiat money in the world a BTC would have to be worth $2mllion, roughly. Seems absolutely nuts that it would even replace 10% of the world's money. But if it did a BTC is still worth $200k and that's without more fiat money being created.
Since it is a threat to the dollar and all these 3rd world countries are adopting it there is no way it will go any higher than 50k. The US of A will not let it go up and they will use El Salvador as an example and warning to other countries thinking about doing the same.

API3 big drop around 20% today.

For anyone who's feeling terrible about todays current paper losses and prices vs a few months ago.....

I sold 20 Ethereum for $450 each a couple of years ago......I'd bought at $225 each so decided to walk away with 100% profit.

The market maybe down at the moment but I have faith it will bouce back.

A good friend of mine was down 240k today while we were sitting in the office together this morning. I asked him what his thoughts were on the ETH drop (since he has substantially more than I do) and he laughed it off and said, “what a wonderful opportunity to buy” my boy made another heavy purchase early afternoon. His Diamond hands mentality made me feel ridiculous for worrying about my unrealized losses. Hold on sherbros, and enjoy this wild ride… for what are massive gains when you haven’t felt massive losses this is what makes the ride worthwhile in the long run!

<GinJuice>

The fear is normal and it is precisely in that fearful state that we must buy.

Warren Buffett once said that it is wise for investors to be “fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. How true it holds.

Im excited as hell. We have a timeline of when you can 5x to 10x your investment going from previous cycles. 2024 is the next halving. 6 months average the bull run starts. Means i have 3 years of savings to really set myself up financially and lets be honest thats why we re in crypto. I sold everything in January and dca ing now. Only btc and eth. Im gonna see which alts survive this crypto winter but we do need to flush out all the crap alts. 90% btc and eth. 10% avax, terra, solana, cardano and polygon. My index funds are my high interest savings account, my rental properties are my consistent income but my crypto is whats gonna pay off my rental portfolio. Its a very exciting time for me and its only a few years away.

I sold out of everything for a 2nd time now. Sold back in like November, bought back in recently, long run I think it wouldn't matter and could just hold but I think there is more downside so sold out again.

I am buying leaps on Microstrategy and Coinbase with like 1/3 of the cash and holding onto the other 2/3 if I am right and there is more downside I will deploy it later. I think the leaps accurately capture any upside I would have had holding crypto with the full cash position.

Honestly though, people are just taking profits from the absurdly inflated market from all the money printing during COVID.

I don't see how the markets can pick up anytime soon...

During COVID the small investor had his discretionary expenses to a strict minimum as everything was closed and there was nothing to do.
COVID seems to be going away, everything is back to being open, traveling is less restrictive, restaurants, sports, hobbies, etc is all back in play. Gas is exploding in costs for the consumer, housing market went up in all or north america, rates are rising.

All that money that was getting sent into the markets for the lack of a better use will now be used for spending this year and most likely 2023

prove me wrong

During COVID the small investor had his discretionary expenses to a strict minimum as everything was closed and there was nothing to do.
COVID seems to be going away, everything is back to being open, traveling is less restrictive, restaurants, sports, hobbies, etc is all back in play. Gas is exploding in costs for the consumer, housing market went up in all or north america, rates are rising.

All that money that was getting sent into the markets for the lack of a better use will now be used for spending this year and most likely 2023

prove me wrong
If only there was a stinky project that will be and is being adopted by institutions with bigger and deeper pockets than all off small investors combined...

Fidelity says $1,000,000 by 2026

The fear is normal and it is precisely in that fearful state that we must buy.

Warren Buffett once said that it is wise for investors to be “fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. How true it holds.
I love that W.B. quote sherbro, thank you for sharing.

<mma4>

prove me wrong
I've always maintained that the market would start picking up again until well into next year.

Next few 4h blocs will be designed to rekt everyone.

Logically the next move would be a bull trap, letting longs believe the bottom was 29.7k and allowed them to build more longs.

I think we tag 26k sometime in may

I'm sure you'll love this one too: “If you ... owned all of the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25, I wouldn’t take it,”
<Dany07>

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back