Crypto Megathread v36 - BITCOIN HITS ALL-TIME HIGH — Why didn’t you listen?

Don't know how or why it took me this long to notice this, but I just realized almost half my MATIC is ERC-20 and the other half Polygon.

Requesting opinions, should I convert the ERC-20 half to Polygon or just leave it as is?

Pros, cons?
I'd Bridge it all to native. Just to avoid the slim chance you send the wrong token on the future. If it's all native matic it's less confusing.

if its in your personal wallet, you will need to send it to an exchange before you can move them to another chain.
You can bridge from erc20 to native via the official polygon bridge.

I'm the worst at crypto, a perpetual top buyer.

I bought last cycles top, and I've bought this cycle's top too. Leaving no side money to buy dips like these.

Ill never make this mistake again, I'm only buying in total bear, if I ever do again.

I bought last cycles top, and I've bought this cycle's top too. Leaving no side money to buy dips like these.

Ill never make this mistake again, I'm only buying in total bear, if I ever do again.
It’s only an issue in the short term

Hold long and lower your tax burden while accumulating gains

It’s only an issue in the short term

Hold long and lower your tax burden while accumulating gains
Yeh man that sucks and its not optimal. But, just think if you agree with the long term view and if you do, all is well.
My little catchphrase is
2017 to 2024 is the same as 2024 to 2030.
If you got the long term view and don't wanna try and catch the knife or otherwise then just think about your longer term investment threshold and dollar cost average over that period. I've been doing it for years and it's been hyper lucrative. Like I'm talking hundreds of percent return on investment. I Paid the house off, have an awesome source of liquidity, and financial security.
just do it son.

There’s a term called price action, that do you missed tends to repeat. Think of it as the price of goods like gas. If price is $3 now, you know that $2.75 is good, there’s a good chance that it’ll hit that price when demand drops a little. Set some alerts, and when price gets to a certain level, buy. That is all you need to be successful at trading, basic price action.

Halving is coming!
Speculations says its going to go below 60k.

I want to ask, is it going up or down?

Don't forget DJT lol

"
Benzinga - Peter Schiff, renowned economist and crypto skeptic, recently expressed his views on Bitcoin’s (CRYPTO: BTC) recent volatility and its implications on the cryptocurrency’s status as a safe haven asset.

What Happened: Schiff took to X, formerly Twitter, on Friday to highlight the significant difference in the reactions of Bitcoin and gold to escalating geopolitical tensions in the Middle East and other macro events. He pointed out that while the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, Bitcoin tanked 6%, whereas gold rose 1.5%.

“Bitcoin is not the safe haven asset it’s promoted to be,” he wrote.

What's significant is not that #Bitcoin rallied back with other risk assets, but that when the Dow initially fell 1.5% in a knee-jerk reaction to escalating geopolitical risk, Bitcoin tanked 6%. In contrast #gold rose 1.5%. Bitcoin is not the safe haven asset it's promoted to be.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) April 19, 2024

See Also: Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, Dogwifhat Among Top Picks For This Researcher’s ‘Meme Coin Supercycle’ Thesis"

Don't forget DJT lol

"
Benzinga - Peter Schiff, renowned economist and crypto skeptic, recently expressed his views on Bitcoin’s (CRYPTO: BTC) recent volatility and its implications on the cryptocurrency’s status as a safe haven asset.

What Happened: Schiff took to X, formerly Twitter, on Friday to highlight the significant difference in the reactions of Bitcoin and gold to escalating geopolitical tensions in the Middle East and other macro events. He pointed out that while the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, Bitcoin tanked 6%, whereas gold rose 1.5%.

“Bitcoin is not the safe haven asset it’s promoted to be,” he wrote.

What's significant is not that #Bitcoin rallied back with other risk assets, but that when the Dow initially fell 1.5% in a knee-jerk reaction to escalating geopolitical risk, Bitcoin tanked 6%. In contrast #gold rose 1.5%. Bitcoin is not the safe haven asset it's promoted to be.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) April 19, 2024

See Also: Dogecoin, Shiba Inu, Dogwifhat Among Top Picks For This Researcher’s ‘Meme Coin Supercycle’ Thesis"
It’s a silly statement by him as always. During crisis Bitcoin has always outperformed gold.

I wouldn't be surprised if BTC goes back down the 100 SMA (low 50s) and trades sideways for a couple months before we start popping off again. Seems overdue. It's probably going to nuke alts in the process.

What say you @GarbageGuy

Last edited:
Back