Curtis Blaydes is the only one that should realistically be fighting for the HW belt

Lol yea Sergei was elite at the time he fought Curtis for beating a Derrick Lewis that was already past it and Tai Tuivasa who was never good.
Tom is the real champion for beating the guy who had beaten everybody Gane had already beaten

Considering Blaydes grew up with a really bad speech impediment you’d think the ufc would love to promote him and use his inspiring story for positive press, seems strange they don’t but I’m guessing they just don’t particularly care for his fighting style
Curtis Blaydes = Joe Biden

The problem with Blaydes is that he's mids. If he was champion it would make the division look bad. He's a good fighter but he's not a great fighter. Got melted by Ng, Lewis and Pav. Didn't look too hot against Volkov and would likely lose to him in a rematch and I don't see him having much for Tom either.

The problem with Blaydes is that he's mids. If he was champion it would make the division look bad. He's a good fighter but he's not a great fighter. Got melted by Ng, Lewis and Pav. Didn't look too hot against Volkov and would likely lose to him in a rematch and I don't see him having much for Tom either.
He's been fighting at the top of the division for much longer than Tom and Sergei as well as having more ranked wins than them. You fight at the top long enough and you are bound to get KO'ed at least a few times and possibly even lose to guys you should have been able to beat. I don't think it's fair to judge Blaydes by the fact he has a couple of KO's on his record for that reason. Who is to say Sergei or Tom wouldn't have some KO's or have lost to someone they should have been able to beat if they also were fighting at the top of the division as long as he has?

He's been fighting at the top of the division for much longer than Tom and Sergei as well as having more ranked wins than them. You fight at the top long enough and you are bound to get KO'ed at least a few times and possibly even lose to guys you should have been able to beat. I don't think it's fair to judge Blaydes by the fact he has a couple of KO's on his record for that reason. Who is to say Sergei or Tom wouldn't have some KO's or have lost to someone they should have been able to beat if they also were fighting at the top of the division as long as he has?

The point is he's not a true title contender. He's being called up because Jones is holding up the divison and they didn't have anyone else. He's good but he's not elite.

Blaydes is going to fight for the belt now, so I don't know what you're talking about. If he defeats Aspinall, he will be considered the real HW champion. Jones' paper belt will disappear in a few months.

The guy has literally fought everyone and ducks no yet he gets passed up by Gane twice and was going to get passed up again by Tom because he ducks no one. Even now, he still has to beat what's probably the best guy in the entire division for a paper belt just to have a chance at the real belt despite having already having a recorded win over him. Yet he still doesn't complain. Mean while Tom is out here literally crying that Stipe is passing over him, when the only reason he got the opportunity to fight for that paper belt and have a chance at the real belt is because Blaydes chose to not duck Sergei when he could have easily ducked him making him have to fight Tom9 first instead and sat out until he could get Gane and get a TS off him.
I was thinking today that I was glad the guy is getting a shot at the belt, even if it's an interim (it could very well become the undisputed one soon anyway) He's one of the few staples at HW, and it could be argued that Gane is quite lucky to have avoided him, and Gane has already had 3 TS if you count his interim belt.
Anyway, I don't count Blaydes out against Aspinall, even if he's logically an underdog, and it's good to see that fight happening again.

Last edited:
Blaydes has too much trust in his standup. He didn't even go for a serious takedown attempt against Pavlovich until he was already concussed. He should have tested his wrestling earlier in the fight. At least Pavlovich wouldn't be so comfortable in planting his feet and throwing.

You know im right. Stay mad though.
You're not even trying to make a merit based argument though.

Curtis fought everyone! (And lost to a good number of them, including very recently)

Tom cries too much (despite just knocking out the guy who recently beat Blaydes)

The guy has literally fought everyone and ducks no yet he gets passed up by Gane twice and was going to get passed up again by Tom because he ducks no one. Even now, he still has to beat what's probably the best guy in the entire division for a paper belt just to have a chance at the real belt despite having already having a recorded win over him. Yet he still doesn't complain. Mean while Tom is out here literally crying that Stipe is passing over him, when the only reason he got the opportunity to fight for that paper belt and have a chance at the real belt is because Blaydes chose to not duck Sergei when he could have easily ducked him making him have to fight Tom first instead and sat out until he could get Gane and get a TS off him.

He lost every single fight that would have gotten him a title shot. Every. Single. One. He's a mans man and all that but shouldn't be fighting for the title unless he can win an important fight.

If Gane weren't French he wouldn't keep getting these opportunities. Blaydes has been the one willing to face all the top fighters. He should get rewarded for taking on Almeida and gatekeeping him.

He lost every single fight that would have gotten him a title shot. Every. Single. One. He's a mans man and all that but shouldn't be fighting for the title unless he can win an important fight.
He has better wins than Gane does

He lost every single meaningful fight he's had. Every. Single. One. I dont know what else there is to say here.
Are you a broken record? He has wins over Almeida, Aspinall, Volkov, Overeem, JDS and Hunt. If those aren't meaningful then what meaningful wins does Gane have?

Dude had long win streaks and funnily enough he's finally getting a title shot just when he has only one win.

I say fair enough, you can only go so far after getting starched by Black Beast.

Are you a broken record? He has wins over Almeida, Aspinall, Volkov, Overeem, JDS and Hunt. If those aren't meaningful then what meaningful wins does Gane have?

He lost every single fight that would have gotten him a title shot. Those are the only meaningful fights that matter. When a title shot is on the line he loses. Again, I dont know what the fuck you want me to say here.

I've always said if Curtis just keeps fighting long enough he'll end up with the belt. He's just that skilled.

Now, if he can learn how to transition from striking to wrestling 10 times better he will be almost unstoppable. But right now his TDs are dog shit timed and clunky.
Yeah.. Curtis had some bad luck and wasnt the smartest inside the cage but he is nas good ad they come.

why dont fighters stop crying
and just win and win and win and win
like what jon and stipe did ?

fighters today act like babies who wanna be spoonfed
be a man you wanna be succesful?
go win win win win win win fights

Back