Curtis Blaydes

OUfZQJL.gif

Casual tear are delicious.

He gets paid to win not to be "entertaining", which is subjective.
48-47 not a great win he's going nowhere near the title

Nothing enjoyable about watching this loser fight. There’s grapplers, and there’s knobs like blades. No submission attempts, no gnp, nothing. Just take downs and hold downs. Woweee. Volkov, great job preparing bro. What a waste of a main event. Can I get my 25 mins back pls

Nothing enjoyable about watching this loser fight. There’s grapplers, and there’s knobs like blades. No submission attempts, no gnp, nothing. Just take downs and hold downs. Woweee. Volkov, great job preparing bro. What a waste of a main event. Can I get my 25 mins back pls

Maybe Volkov should learn some BJJ.

I tapped out in the 3rd round. could not have cared less about seeing the rest of that fight. pretty crazy for a main event fighter...

I hope the UFC learned their lesson with Blaydes and main events. After this stinker everybody will just turn it off after the co-main if Blaydes is headlining.

Dana already voiced his displeasure, saying that's not how you get a title shot or better pay.

OUfZQJL.gif

Casual tear are delicious.

He gets paid to win not to be "entertaining", which is subjective.
I don't disagree with the point you're making about people being salty, but these guys literally do get paid to also be entertaining. Hence; post fight bonuses, less exciting fighters being cut after one loss, Convington's story about how they weren't going to renew his contract even though he was 7-1 in the UFC, etc etc. There's also a lot that's come to light in the anti trust lawsuit, #joesilvastories on twitter. List goes on and on

I don't disagree with the point you're making about people being salty, but these guys literally do get paid to also be entertaining. Hence; post fight bonuses, less exciting fighters being cut after one loss, Convington's story about how they weren't going to renew his contract even though he was 7-1 in the UFC, etc etc. There's also a lot that's come to light in the anti trust lawsuit, #joesilvastories on twitter. List goes on and on

They literally get paid half their pay if they lose. They get paid to WIN.

If Curtis Blaydes got KTFO, not only would he not have received a bonus, he would have only got half his pay.

All he would have got from that is some extra CTE.

They literally get paid half their pay if they lose. They get paid to WIN.

If Curtis Blaydes got KTFO, not only would he not have received a bonus, he would have only got half his pay.

All he would have got from that is some extra CTE.
Yeah I never disagreed with any of that. I think Blaydes went out there, did what he had to do to get the win, and good on him for that. There's a reason that I wrote that fighters "also" get paid for being entertaining. Was just pointing out that what you said was technically incorrect.

P.S. just an FYI , not every fighter is on a show + win contract, although I'm sure Blaydes is

Last edited:
Turned it off 18 seconds into the 2nd round, I imagine it only got worse and more boring, will never watch those fighters again

He just fought a boring ass fight not 30 secs ago. Do we just pretend like this fight didn't happen?

Should we not talk about the main event bro?
But that's just one fight. Acting as if this was indicative of all his fights is untrue.

Did the OP or I say Curtis Blayde's entire career has been boring? Nope. We are discussing a recent fight. A fight that came about 5 or 10 mins after the event.

What is so hard to understand

Back