Cutting the Cord

SlingTV is cheap, has ESPN, and you can cancel whenever you want. Not sure about the other channels.

I have SlingTV and really like it.

Here's a list of some more channels on it TS for $20.
A&E, ABC Family, AMC, Bloomberg, Cartoon Network, CNN, Disney Channel, El Rey, ESPN, ESPN2, Food Network, Galavisión, H2, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, Maker, Polaris TV, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel

There's add on bundle for kids and other sports channels for $5 each.
They have apps on Amazon Fire TV, Roku Player, Xbox One, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android, and Apple devices.
They're offering a sign up for 3 months and get a free Chromecast deal.

I use Netflix and Kodi also.

A&E, ABC Family, AMC, Bloomberg, Cartoon Network, CNN, Disney Channel, El Rey, ESPN, ESPN2, Food Network, Galavisión, H2, HGTV, History, IFC, Lifetime, Maker, Polaris TV, TBS, TNT, Travel Channel

They have apps on Amazon Fire TV, Roku Player, Xbox One, Chromecast, Nexus Player, Android, and Apple devices.

If Fox Sports 1 and Spike were on Sling then I'd be all about it.

Yes those channels would do it for me. I already have Netflix, I think if I supplement that with a Kodi or something similar I will have all my bases covered.

If I were single, I would've killed the cable years ago. But I hope the cable industry gets wise really quick and offers everyone the option to just get the channels they want or they're going to wind up like Blockbuster Vs. the Internet and Netflix.

Agreed.

I'm done with satellite TV after the new year. I pay alot of money for dish network and I probably watch like 3 channels. You can get HBO and Showtime without cable or satellite now, thats what I've been waiting for.

i dont have amc and fx or (cable for that matter) and i stream. legit legal streams. looks great. cnn and fox sports look great. just get a smart tv or a roku.

there are a ton of streaming options as you can see base on the replies. Plus channels offer streaming options themselves. Also some streaming options are not available on all devices but a computer connected to a PC would more than suffice.

I use a HP Mini Stream PC for Kodi and other shit.

Just get TVaddons for Xodi and your set

I have a really good setup. however to date i still have never found anything for sports.

I saw someone mention TVMC and i will have to try that. but has anyone ever found anything else for sports that works with Kodi/XBMC/Plex etc?

Also, if your willing to dedicate some resources, there is a great guide on cutting the cord. just google "ultimate server guide"

Go forth and download TVMC.

Literally any movie, tv show and sports stream you could want.

P.S: If you don't have a computer/kodi box, it is actually cheaper to buy an HP stream tablet from the microsoft store, purchase a 6ft mini usb to hdmi connector, and voila, you have a fully functional PC for less than $100.

...go on. How is the quality of the live sports streams? Are they 'free'?

I've never heard of this before and the main reason I currently have cable is for sports. Every live sports stream I've ever used basically sucks.

...go on. How is the quality of the live sports streams? Are they 'free'?

I've never heard of this before and the main reason I currently have cable is for sports. Every live sports stream I've ever used basically sucks.

It ranges in quality and is entirely a function of how many hosts/watchers there are at any given time.

As an example, I am watching Sky Sports in my office right now in HD, but it not a "peak" period. During the Mayweather/Pac fight, it was terrible.

Generally speaking, you can expect 480p quality for the more popular stuff. College games and Euro content are usually 720p.

The nice thing about TVMC is that it is already pre-configured with the most popular add-ons. You just have to poke around until you find what your looking for. Also google how to load IPTV in Kodi - it will give you access to 1000+ streaming channels from all over the world.

P.S: It's all free. Some people on craigslist/kijiji will try and charge for IPTV, but you can do it yourself by watching youtube tutorials.

It ranges in quality and is entirely a function of how many hosts/watchers there are at any given time.

As an example, I am watching Sky Sports in my office right now in HD, but it not a "peak" period. During the Mayweather/Pac fight, it was terrible.

Generally speaking, you can expect 480p quality for the more popular stuff. College games and Euro content are usually 720p.

The nice thing about TVMC is that it is already pre-configured with the most popular add-ons. You just have to poke around until you find what your looking for. Also google how to load IPTV in Kodi - it will give you access to 1000+ streaming channels from all over the world.

P.S: It's all free. Some people on craigslist/kijiji will try and charge for IPTV, but you can do it yourself by watching youtube tutorials.

I'll have to check it out. Thank you, sir.

Got a ROKU 4K UHD. I've only watched Narcos on it though. Not really a big TV guy...I read mostly.

i would have ditched cable a while back if i wasnt getting it for free

well.....not exactly free. I have 300mbps internet, 2 hddvrs, all the movie/premium channels (minus some of the sports shit), discounts on PPV and MOD, and i pay about 14 bucks a month. lol. Its somwhere between 2500 and 3k worth of service a year.

Im spoiled now though. All i watch is the premium channels.

I cut the cord last year and it was the best thing i ever did.

I bought a roku3 and pay for netflix. I also use a site called showbox on my phone and screen mirror it to my tv for television shows.

My cable bill went from $200 a month to $7.99 for netflix and a one time charge of $79.00 for a roku 3.

I only have missed having cable for football and FS1 /FS2 /FOX /and whatever channel hopping i have to do for the UFC prelims.

Showbox is horrible. You should also be using a vpn when you stream from those types of streaming download services.

Back