CZ 805 Bren A1 Rifle

Cody564231

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was flipping through the Jan. 2012 issue of Tactical Weapons magazine and stumbled across this.
CZ_805_BREN_popis_A1.jpg

_CZ_805_BREN_A1-A2_02.jpg

73430101.jpg

Ceska Zbrojovka 805 Bren A1
5.56x45mm NATO
14 inch barrel
OAL: 36" stock extended
26" stock folded
8lbs empty(bit heavy)
30rd capacity
Fire Modes: safe, semi, 2rd burst, full auto
Interchangeable barrels and mag wells.
Also: CZ 805 G1 Grenade Launcher
16" OAL, 10" barrel
40x46mm
5lbs empty

This rifle will be replacing the 7.62x39mm CZ Sa Vz 58 as the standard Czech military rifle.

I think it's badass. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Gawd I hope not. The VZ 58 is such a clean looking rifle, to replace it with this hideous tacticool "thing" is an insult.

Gawd I hope not. The VZ 58 is such a clean looking rifle, to replace it with this hideous tacticool "thing" is an insult.

Czech Republic joined NATO and thus needed a NATO chambered weapon. Plus, the Vz 58 is outdated.

Czech Republic joined NATO and thus needed a NATO chambered weapon. Plus, the Vz 58 is outdated.
Oh I'm not saying they should keep the VZ just saying this thing is not aesthetically pleasing. Imagine when they sell a civilian version that looks just like that(minus the launcher):rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know I guess I'm just tired of this tacticool 4000 rails fad.

Oh I'm not saying they should keep the VZ just saying this thing is not aesthetically pleasing. Imagine when they sell a civilian version that looks just like that(minus the launcher):rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know I guess I'm just tired of this tacticool 4000 rails fad.

I'd buy it.

If it's as reliable as my cz phantom I'll take two.

They should go for a 6.8mm fires 5.56mm as well. I predict the 6.8 will become the new NATo round in the near future

They should go for a 6.8mm fires 5.56mm as well. I predict the 6.8 will become the new NATo round in the near future

Issue with availability of ammo. And 6.8 and 5.56 are not compatible without a barrel change and mag change and a potential mag well change, both of which the 805 Bren accomodates.

Issue with availability of ammo. And 6.8 and 5.56 are not compatible without a barrel change and mag change and a potential mag well change, both of which the 805 Bren accomodates.

Buddy, if the gun is chambered for a 6.8 you can run a 5.56 no problem without any changes. However on a point of agreement, the only 7.62mm we use is 7.62x51mm

i just want a xm8.

This looks fucking awesome though

Buddy, if the gun is chambered for a 6.8 you can run a 5.56 no problem without any changes. However on a point of agreement, the only 7.62mm we use is 7.62x51mm

Uh, buddy, no you can't. 5.56 is basically .223, 6.8 is closer to .243 or .270. Your statement is completely erroneous. That's like saying you can shoot 9mm in .38 Super guns and vice versa.

Kramer_6.8_1.jpg

Uh, buddy, no you can't. 5.56 is basically .223, 6.8 is closer to .243 or .270. Your statement is completely erroneous. That's like saying you can shoot 9mm in .38 Super guns and vice versa.

Kramer_6.8_1.jpg

Dude, its the sales pitch Barrett is using to score contracts with the CF and the UA. The 6.8 can take the 5.56 i've tried it out.Its not as accurate but it works. Huge jamming risk though. You have to load the rounds in the 6.8 mag. And its more like firing .357 out of a .38 special.

Last edited:
Dude, its the sales pitch Barrett is using to score contracts with the CF and the UA. The 6.8 can take the 5.56 i've tried it out.Its not as accurate but it works. Huge jamming risk though. You have to load the rounds in the 6.8 mag. And its more like firing .357 out of a .38 special.

Which doesn't work. You can fire .38 out of a .357, but they're the same diameter. 6.8 and 5.56 are not. The fit of the 5.56 is not going to be tight and the bullet will bounce around, damaging your rifling. That is a retarded sales pitch. Huge jamming risk=bad idea. Only use ammo specified for gun. Shooting 101. 6.8 uses a .277 bullet which is the same,as the .270 Win., whereas the 5.56 uses a .223 bullet. The tolerances are going to differ and your jamming issue is most likely from the extractor being made to grip the case on the 6.8 not the 5.56. Being possible and being safe or advisable are two drastically different things.

Why a potential magwell change? On an ar-15 platform there is no diference on the the two. Barrell and mag I understand. Just don't understand why a magwell change could be needed.

Or do you mean a magwell change specifically to the CZ?

Why a potential magwell change? On an ar-15 platform there is no diference on the the two. Barrell and mag I understand. Just don't understand why a magwell change could be needed.

Or do you mean a magwell change specifically to the CZ?

Specific to this rifle. It's listed in the overview I read of the rifle.

Specific to this rifle. It's listed in the overview I read of the rifle.
You see, im talking specifically for the REC7 the gun can take both types of ammo. We ran about 1000 6.8 then 1000 5.56. It's a worst case scenario type thing in the field and its the only thing you got you can still return fire if all you can get is the 5.56 you wont be srcewed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back