Media D Johnson: I'm a greater fighter than GSP and Silva

He's great, that we know for sure.
Ranking different weight classes in different ages, we can't know. It's opinion based.
Except Fedor, we all know he's the GOAT.
fedors best wins where nog and cro cop?
stipe has better wins and harder wins than fedor
theres no way even a jucied to the gills fedor could beat all the monsters that stipe fought

prime fedor got molested in a drug testing org

dude loves losing in a drug testing org
im not saying steroids
but he looked like an average fighter without pride and the secret juice they allow

I think some of the responses are a little off base. I think DJ is easily a top 10 mma fighter of all time at the moment. But he isn’t the greatest ever. That has to go to either jones, Silva or GSP. My mount rushmore are those three with fedor joining them but I can’t say fedor is the goat. But the DJ disrespect is messed up. Whether he is a flyw or a HW, no one can doubt his skills and his dominance over a long period of time even if the division wasn’t the deepest. Great fighter and top 10 of all time easily for me.

If his name wasn’t Mighty Mouse it could be Multi Tool Man or Swiss Army Man because he can really do anything in a fight. I’d put him up there in the top tier for one of the smartest and most versatile fighters for sure.

Because of IBJJF and DJ being very open about his weight. DJ stays pretty much the same weight right up until he cuts. He hates dieting apparently.

You weight in right before your matches in ibjjf. Plus you have to weigh in with the gi. DJs weight class is 154. Most gis weigh around 5lbs give or take a half pound. So, that means at most DJ was 149 at IBJJF. BUT many competitors weigh in well under the limit because you only get 1 shot to weigh in. If you're even .01 over you get DQ'd no questions asked.

With all that I mind, it seems that DJ hasn't gained much since his cejudo fight. Meanwhile Adriano has had trouble hitting 135 even. Between that and the visual discrepancy, I'd confidently say Adriano has a decent weight advantage over DJ. Just going by educated guesses and info on hand.
So DJ by your estimate weighs 149 pounds however many months after defending and weighing in at 135 in oneFC, where yes they do cut weight, but they cut a lot less since they can only lose so much before they can’t cheat the hydration test, but moraes missing one test means he has a significant weight advantage over DJ, even though he started his career at the normal 125 flyweight

Why not?

For example.. I don't think Machida was any better than Horiguchi. I don't think Rampage was better than Dodson.

LHW and FLW were both crap divisions with 1 fighter being a level above the rest. People thought 205 was stacked because all of the top guys were on a similar level but at the end of the day they all sucked when an elite athlete came by.
1702363773115.png

Horiguchi was competitive in K-1 vs an undefeated top tier fighter in a stacked division (in Kickboxing). Machida played touchbutt with his brother in brazil.
What's that have to do with mma though, where Machida is far more accomplished.

What's that have to do with mma though, where Machida is far more accomplished.
What accomplishments? Machida won the title defended it once in a shady decision and got knocked out in his 2nd defense. After that his record is not really impressive.
Horiguchi could have done the same thing if it wasn't for DJ being around.

lol at all the hate in this thread.

mighty mouse, in his prime, was the best fighter we've ever seen. he could do everything, and he could do it at a very high level. he had absolutely ridiculous athleticism, he was stupidly fast, had endless endurance, and packed some serious power.

if you want someone else as the GOAT, based on accomplishments, there's a solid case to be made for fedor, silva, or GSP. but MM's 11 title defenses stack up just fine against anyone else's accomplishments.

if you're offended that a small dude is considered the GOAT by many, then you're an insecure ass.

So DJ by your estimate weighs 149 pounds however many months after defending and weighing in at 135 in oneFC, where yes they do cut weight, but they cut a lot less since they can only lose so much before they can’t cheat the hydration test, but moraes missing one test means he has a significant weight advantage over DJ, even though he started his career at the normal 125 flyweight
Why ask a question if you're going to ignore the answer and manufacture a response you didn't get?

If you want to die on your hilm then post your opinion and walk away. Don't pretend to look fir a response.

He is a smaller more skilled, more athletic version of gsp so I don't know why people are so mad at him. It's hard to make comparisons between two guys with so much difference in size.

Not even close.

Manlet, who fought in easiest division possible. Which good fighter he beat besides green Cejudo?

Back