Dan Hardy´s breakdown of Izzy vs Poatán 4

2004 account

For a fair sport/true mma fan, ain't no shill
@Silver
Reaction score

Just another breakdown of what will for sure be another technical masterpiece of a fight to get hyped up...

Dan just like Henry Cejudo make good points and breakdown videos imo.

In their first mma fight, it was no surprise that Pereira's whole gameplan was to take the fight to the later rounds, slow down Adesanya with legkicks, bodyshots and checks. Pereira knew going out headhunting from the get go was not going to work. But when Adesanya's movement became compromised, and he's against the cage, then it was time for Pereira to go for the kill.

Will he do the same this time? or will he change up the gameplan?

I think he will pressure him the same way but this time he will be wiser with the left hook setup and land it much earlier.

I agree. Poatan is a smart and manly man. Handsome af too. Adesanya is total opposite.

BV2_VV5z_CYAAMU_M.png
sanjinoow.png
Mihawk-Laught.png

I like Dan and his technical breakdowns of past fights are super satisfying, but he's got some brain farts only he can produce. He expected Volk to maybe catch Islam with a guillotine in the transition. I mean, come on.

I’ve been on vacation the past week and honestly forgot this was happening.

co workers are all out this week so 2 days to dive in and get hype.

Hopefully the ref doesn’t step in until one of them is unconscious this time… I want to see poatan decisively finish this thing

Of course. I get the most enjoyment and excitement from anything related to Poatan vs Izzy.

Hopefully Poatan koes him out cold this time.

happy-laugh.gif
The "rivalry" these two have is such a great storyline. Is it just me or does it seem that on the surface Alex is more motivated to win the rematch than Adesanya does?

The "rivalry" these two have is such a great storyline. Is it just me or does it seem that on the surface Alex is more motivated to win the rematch than Adesanya does?
Thats the sense I get as well

Alex has mentor Grover and Chuck in his corner who he probably wants to impress with a clean KO of Izzy

Izzy on the other hand is surrounded by city kickboxing team members but he already showed he can play top dog champ, his ambition aint the same as before most probably imo.

Thats the sense I get as well

Alex has mentor Grover and Chuck in his corner who he probably wants to impress with a clean KO of Izzy

Izzy on the other hand is surrounded by city kickboxing team members but he already showed he can play top dog champ, his ambition aint the same as before most probably imo.
I might be reading too far into the entire thing, but on top of all that it also seems like Alex has an authentic dislike for Adesanya as a person. Its just very compelling and interesting.

I didn't like Adesanya's wrestling at all. It looked more miserable and exhausting for Izzy then for Pereira, and ended up accomplishing little.
I think wrestling in the rematch would be even less effective. Having level changes, different looks, and keeping Pereira guessing sure, but I think he'll do his best work if he sticks to his biggest strengths and what made their fights so competitive in the first place.

Last edited:
Has Dan ever accurately predicted a fight? Not saying he hasn't just wondering how close he ever came in terms of a fight playing out like he thought it would.

Either way, always fun to listen to him.

I might be reading too far into the entire thing, but on top of all that it also seems like Alex has an authentic dislike for Adesanya as a person. Its just very compelling and interesting.
I mean is that hard though
I think all of his opponents dislike him lol
He's an absolute dick to them and doesn't embody the spirit of the martial artist he tries so hard to act like he portrays

Back