Dan Hardy wants Job back, Worried Dana has wrong impression of him

I dunno, I thought what Dana said on that could have been interpreted as just saying what he thought the Media wanted to hear...
If he'd have said anything less professional he would have looked ridiculous... Imagine the outrage(From both the commission and fans) if he'd said "Yeah I tend to take my employee's side on things like this, I have their back, Herb was wrong".. He's seemingly never taken any issue with other commentators shouting at Refs or Judges so I don't believe he cares that much, he's also pretty open to shitting on people and didn't with Dan in that incident so there's also that..

Yeah that's happened to me as well in the workplace "we need to make sure" instead "X needs to make sure .." That's not a disciplinary warning though, disciplinary warnings are officially recorded, not just assumed with words, they are private and typically very very formal.. There is usually a strike system, 2,3 strikes and your out, said recorded disciplinaries expire after a certain amount of months typically from my experience.
It depends on the workplace. I've seen a lot of places across different fields use the "public warning"

Yes, it doesn't officially go on your record but that's not a necessity. Unless you're union or under a well negotiated contract, it's easy to discipline or fire employees. They have pretty limited recourse, really. I've seen jobs go from "unofficial" warnings to the first step of official warnings, on down the line.

I've also seen jobs go directly from an unofficial warning to suspension or even termination. Many places don't give much of a fuck about the possiblity of an employee collecting unemployment for a bit. These are large, wealthy companies that will take a temporary loss if needed, to get someone they feel is disruptive out of there.

Oh and being difficult to get along with is most definitely actionable, either directly or indirectly. I work in warehousing and manufacturing. Rough work around a number of people that are rough around the edges. People that show a pattern of causing confrontations are not tolerated at all. Because at the end of the day everyone can be replaced, and it's imperative that we have a controlled environment without distractions so the work will get done. I've seen "difficult" people face discipline from verbal warnings to written warnings, to unpaid suspension, up to termination.

In comparison attendance issues need to get pretty bad before you face any discipline. And that's pretty widespread across the entire industry,.not just where I work. Dunno what kind of work you do, it may be very different.

I work in a less formal trade, I managed at a bar, and have been asked during my training periods after promotions to management if i'm okay to work with X because they are typically difficult to work with and confrontational, they had worked their for years and had never received a disciplinary.. My buddy got a disciplinary(same place) for being late by 20 minutes one time in the morning, and then fired after 2 more lates(5 and 10 minutes) in the same month, also a trade everyone is expendable in.. Feel like it's all circumstational what is taken seriously and what isn't by business owners, typically depending on policy set by owners.

Shut up and keep banging Macedo

Um...did she stick around after the firing? :rolleyes:

but about Dan, I like his TV work..I like when he's teamed up with his country man. I hope he gets back in there eventually, or at least accept it's over and join Bellator on Showtime/CBS.

But this approach he's taking ain't a good one imo... He has Dana's #.. just text him and stick with that until Dana writes back....... Not this arrogant smartass shit he's pulling right now with the media/online.

I work in a less formal trade, I managed at a bar, and have been asked during my training periods after promotions to management if i'm okay to work with X because they are typically difficult to work with and confrontational, they had worked their for years and had never received a disciplinary.. My buddy got a disciplinary(same place) for being late by 20 minutes one time in the morning, and then fired after 2 more lates(5 and 10 minutes) in the same month, also a trade everyone is expendable in.. Feel like it's all circumstational what is taken seriously and what isn't by business owners, typically depending on policy set by owners.
Yeah it's an interesting conversation because it shows how environments can vary by profession. Before I got into this line of work I did low level office work and retail work, and they were honestly pretty similar to my current situation.

Here we have sick time, personal time, and vacation time. In addition, we have an allowance of attendance points for missing work or being late. You would have to exhaust all of those options, AND your immediate supervisor would have to hate your guts. Because at their discretion they can waive attendance violations if they feel your reason for missing work is reasonable.

All of that, and my current employer is more strict than the average. At my last employer as long as you had paid or unpaid time off remaining you could miss any shift, or leave at any point during any shift and for any reason. Just had to fill out an early leave form.

Yeah it's an interesting conversation because it shows how environments can vary by profession. Before I got into this line of work I did low level office work and retail work, and they were honestly pretty similar to my current situation.

Here we have sick time, personal time, and vacation time. In addition, we have an allowance of attendance points for missing work or being late. You would have to exhaust all of those options, AND your immediate supervisor would have to hate your guts. Because at their discretion they can waive attendance violations if they feel your reason for missing work is reasonable.

All of that, and my current employer is more strict than the average. At my last employer as long as you had paid or unpaid time off remaining you could miss any shift, or leave at any point during any shift and for any reason. Just had to fill out an early leave form.

Yeah that's a good point, the discretion of a supervisor or manager is an important factor in circumstances that can happen too.. Dude who got sacked for lateness was initially caught by the Owner of the company where as I would never grass up a lateness as his manager.. Dude who wasn't disciplined for being a cunt got on pretty well with the owner of the company and was pretty valuable to the team in some ways most people weren't.

Yeah once I went from hourly Wage to monthly Salary my work ethic took a dive and I could basically do what I wanted as long as the place was open and closed on time and basically functioned as a business.... Prior to that trust I was examined more closely for cleaning and attendance, behaviour etc..

Yeah that's a good point, the discretion of a supervisor or manager is an important factor in circumstances that can happen too.. Dude who got sacked for lateness was initially caught by the Owner of the company where as I would never grass up a lateness as his manager.. Dude who wasn't disciplined for being a cunt got on pretty well with the owner of the company and was pretty valuable to the team in some ways most people weren't.

Yeah once I went from hourly Wage to monthly Salary my work ethic took a dive and I could basically do what I wanted as long as the place was open and closed on time and basically functioned as a business.... Prior to that trust I was examined more closely for cleaning and attendance, behaviour etc..
I'm the top guy in my area, so I get little perks here and there but I'm careful not to push it. Any time I've needed to miss work for something, I just ask my boss and he quietly approves it. I'm not a super charismatic guy, so I always make sure I do more work than everyone else, never refuse work or complain, and don't try to leave early or miss work unless I need to.

It is nice to work in a field where everything is measured in metrics. Other day we had a shift meeting and the site director noticed me and said oh you're Mike, I recognize that name you always show up on my top performers list.

I do well in environments like that and very poorly in situations where the most likable guy wins.

I'm the top guy in my area, so I get little perks here and there but I'm careful not to push it. Any time I've needed to miss work for something, I just ask my boss and he quietly approves it. I'm not a super charismatic guy, so I always make sure I do more work than everyone else, never refuse work or complain, and don't try to leave early or miss work unless I need to.

It is nice to work in a field where everything is measured in metrics. Other day we had a shift meeting and the site director noticed me and said oh you're Mike, I recognize that name you always show up on my top performers list.

I do well in environments like that and very poorly in situations where the most likable guy wins.
Good mentality! But it's tough to keep it imo, at some point the bitterness comes lol, well from what I've seen, I've no idea how people do the same shit they aren't enjoying for over a decade without losing there minds...
I ended up handing in my notice after feeling extreme burnout and disrespect, I was by far the longest running members of staff they have ever and will ever have, longer than anyone i've ever known in the Service industry.

Yeah I agree, things measured in metrics is ace once it's all in place and tried and tested and working, the journey to that from slap dash small naive business is a fucking massive pain though with many many creases to iron out, essentially becoming more corporate and official, but kind of terribly, was the final straw for me.

In my trade it's tough because likability is literally and customer service go so hand in had, I would often express my delight and highlight those who were given shit for shy or unconfident service by trying to make everyone notice how much they were doing in other area's... Tough to see people who are cocky, arrogant and think they are good at selling get pushed over nice humble and quiet people lol who just graft and graft.

@Mike
Security camera footage comes out of Dan Hardy masturbating backstage and cleaning himself with Dana White's jacket

"b-but we can't know for sure why he got fired. It's all speculation on your part because I like Dan Hardy"

Um...did she stick around after the firing? :rolleyes:

but about Dan, I like his TV work..I like when he's teamed up with his country man. I hope he gets back in there eventually, or at least accept it's over and join Bellator on Showtime/CBS.

But this approach he's taking ain't a good one imo... He has Dana's #.. just text him and stick with that until Dana writes back....... Not this arrogant smartass shit he's pulling right now with the media/online.
Asking the real question here.

I can imagine his dread at realising he may have burned bridges with the organisation that made him. Also, missing out on chances to be PAID for watching awesome fights octagon-side isn’t to be sniffed at.

Veronica Macedo leaving him in 3,2,1...

He is very passionate about his work. It is definitely a mistake to let him go.

Dana doesn’t like his personality and the way he communicates. That’s what it is. He literally gets off on doing this .

Dan is a prime example of one of my core business tenets.

"don't do business with assholes"

Even if someone is a high performer and excels at their role, if they are a toxic shitbag that causes friction, you are always better off getting rid of them. Doesn't matter if they are your top sales guy, top programmer, etc. Get them out.

For this reason, the UFC made the right call.

index.php

Dan Hardy doesn’t have the personality of someone that does well under employment.

Its not like I know what he actually said or yelled to the employee. But my guess is he didnt fully understand his place, or the amount of respect that needs to be given to people who run things, mistakes happen but this is like several times now dan has yelled at somebody publicly.

If i were him I'd branch out to other things, and stop being so impulsive

As an official voice of a company, any company, there are usually standards for how you conduct yourself. In their opinion he had violated those standards and was sternly warned for doing so. I would say being fired for repeating the same behavior you were already warned about, and not long afterwards, is likely to get you dismissed in a lot of fields and positions. Unless, of course, you are well liked or seen as someone that brings more ROI than the average employee.

It seems like in their opinion at least, Hardy was not such an employee. Also I wouldn't class being seen as difficult to get along with, or someone liable to make public scenes in the workplace, the same as mundane stuff like being late. Most jobs have a fair amount of leniency on things like that.

ah yes, the "McGregor exceptions" that Hardy did not qualify for

We don’t even know what was said or who the other party is? Quit acting like you know what’s up.
I will keep on acting like I know whats up. Who the hell are you? lol... you realize this is a god damn forum, right? what’s the purpose of this whole thing? ... clown.

I love the UFC,” Hardy told Submission Radio. “I always will. I’ll always be a huge fan of the UFC, and it’s been a big part of my career and a big part of my life, and I owe a lot to this place that I’m in right now, sitting talking to you guys, and I’m forever thankful for that. And I have nothing against the UFC or Dana or anything like that. Of course, if they called me up and they’re like, ‘Hey! Parachute in on a Union Jack flag for (UFC) 261,’ I’d be there in a heartbeat.

“It’s just a weird place, because I just kind of don’t know exactly what’s happened. And my concern is that Dana’s got a perspective of the situation that’s not true, and that’s what concerns me more than anything. Like, I could not sit octagon-side ever again, as long as Dana doesn’t have this misconception of who I am. Because that would really frustrate me.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...rned-dana-white-has-false-perspective-release
Sucking Dana off to get his job back. Real outlaw stuff lol

Back