Dana can wear Nikes while fighters have to cover up brands or not wear sponsored gear

Thats deeply disturbing. Training children to be sociopaths.

Maybe I articulated it poorly if thats what you get out of it, probabily shouldve seen the interview. It wasnt in negative attitude or based of selfcentered individualism. It was more like the foundations of self reliance as the last safeguard net instead of most people expecting to be bailed out or rescued. And pushing through even if others jump ship or try to pull you back or block you, not expecting easy paths ...
It wasnt in "spartan" context ;)

4fc9cdd8-eda6-49a6-88a9-8738435e89ff_text.gif

The sponsors are paying for the fighters to wear their shit, not Dana, if Rogan or Anik also had to cover the logos it would be a bigger deal imo.

Is he a fighter under contract though?

The sponsors are paying for the fighters to wear their shit, not Dana, if Rogan or Anik also had to cover the logos it would be a bigger deal imo.

Exactly. What a petty thread.

Reactions: HHJ
He also doesn’t have to weigh in or train

Such a double standard for Dana “not a fighter” White

Let me preface this by saying I think its dumb how they hamstring their talent this way - it should be like NIL these guys should be able to wear whatever the hell they want and promote whatever they want.

That being said, it is a rule clearly for the athletes since it is athlete attire. That shouldn't be hard to understand.

We need a fighters union. All it would take is the top 25 stars in the UFC to make it so. Dana would not be able to stop it.

UFC and anything to do with apparel has always been a fucking joke

Dana isn't the one being sponsored by them you absolute fucking moron

You know what yall sound like...
1712931682780.png

I also heard that he gets two scoops of ice cream, while everyone else only gets one.

Dana is the President, general absolute boss, substantial shareholder and co-founder, mega rich … so he can do whatever he likes.

Does he set an example and is an impeccable corporate leader (or human being)? Not really.

Does it matter in his position? Not really.

Also the sponsors pay for the ATHLETES to wear their brands, not the executives.

real talk i've literally NEVER had a boss who didn't skirt the rules (that he put in place) act insubordinate and take short cuts on work tasks. The degree to which has differed with each job, and to this day the boss that is closest to the altruistic/wholesome/earnest/righteous boss stereotype is my uncle, who i've NEVER seen driving without a cracked beer, and who calls his wife fat in front of his employees. Let it all sink in.

They don't need the tape, bc theyd get fined. Its literally for fighters, not others. I don't see the big deal

Dana is the kind of guy who wets his toothbrush after putting on the toothpaste.

Max is getting a free $32,000 from Venum this week to wear their shit during the week and on fight night. Bitch about it not being enough sure, but he's still under their sponsorship right now.

Sherdog: BuT hE hAs To CoVeR uP vEnUm'S cOmPeTiToR nIkE

Uh yeah? No shit? He's being paid by Venum right now to promote their stuff, not Nike. Go bitch about how Nike's not signing any deals with the UFC. Venum did so Venum gets their logos promoted.

That's crazy...A Boss gets to do things his employees can't...Shocking

Why though?

The entire point of making the fighters do that is because they don't want non-sponsored brands appearing on televised broadcasts.

Since Dana is appearing on television and is arguably the most popular personality in the UFC the same rules should apply to him.

If it's not actually that big a deal for non-sponsored brands to appear on television then just get rid of the rule.

threads like this makes me feel old <seniorvolk>

Reminds me of this Chief at the fire house. Would wear plain white tee’s and unshaven then write guys up for not following the dress code policy.

Back