Dana:"McGregor will get the next lw title shot if he wins tonight. Khabib will do what he’s told."

Looking over Tony lol not a good sign

regardless if tony wins then we can have that khabib rematch with conor

In before dagestani white knights claim Khabib runs the UFC.

Newflash: Dana and WME do.
So they'll put a gun to his head and force him to fight Conor, or...?

No, really. How do you think they'll force Khabib to fight Conor? He's not a slave. He's got enough money to live a dozen lifetimes. What leverage do they have over him?

Lol Khabib will do what he wants

Either Dana has a trick up his sleeve or he still doesn't understand who Khabib is

They'll make an announcement sometime in May, that they'll be having an interim title fight for Conor vs (insert favorable matchup here). The fight will take place probably sometime in June or July, with the interim vs lineal at the end of the year.
Honestly, an interim fight involving Conor would probably be Dana's best play if he wants to try to force the rematch. I wouldn't be too surprised to see this scenario play out.

DJ told Dana to fuck off when he tried to force the TJ fight. Dana said he had to take it or he would shut down the entire division. DJ told him no. And Dana backed down. There was no stripping or repercussions whatsoever until DJ legitimately lost the title.
"legitimately" lost the title...

Not a fan of Dana White. But he's right. It's his company. If he tells anyone that works for the UFC to bend over, they will bend over to keep their job. It's that simple. He's the boss, the fighters are his employees. He's not wrong on that one.
Not how it works. Fighters are self contractors. They have the right to deny fights. Khabib doesnt have to bend over. Dana is making a mistake with Conor. Conor sells yes..... But this is a sport, not the Conor show. MMA is a sport and it was here before conor and will be here after that lamer retires. Let him work his way to contention like the rest of the fighters.

Khabib should accept with one condition: winner takes all. If he wins, Conor is paid nothing.

Is the bmf defensible? Is giving a ts to Dan Henderson against defensible? I don't think so. Any integrity the sport had is long gone.

The BMF belt is fine in my books, at least they were open about it being a gimmick.

But when Brock got his TS for a single decision win, the UFC as a merit-based pro sport was dead, I agree.

Dana is a moron, once again letting his mouth fuck him over

Saying “Khabib will do what he’s told” GUARANTEES that he in fact, won’t do it unless Dana publicly apologizes

Will bump this post when he begrudgingly does
Spot on brother

That’s not what he said.

Bisping said ‘what about Khabib, He’ll just do what he’s told?’

Then Dana rambled on.
Exactly. This is bullshit #1. Khabib and his management decide who he fights, not dana. Even conor said after this fight, if he wins, and wins one more he should fight khabib. Dana just wants the ppv. Timing wise, after tony, khabib wont fight again until like October. That's plenty of time to win another fight against a top guy, like say Justin or even Dustin and make himself a top contender deserving a shot instead of having a win against a guy ranked 5th for some reason when he has lost his last 2 by tko, and shouldn't even be top 10. Much like 4 conor...4 when he has 2 fights at 155....1 and 1 record being finished. That doesn't move u yo number 4 ...but the ufc is gonna ufc...khabib however doesnt answer to dana now, he is the undisputed champ...he fight who he decides to nowadays. I'm sure he would likely accept the fight if Conor beats a top 3 guy next..but otherwise I dont see it.

Damn that'll be a long time even if it's their next fight after their current matchups. Khabib still has to starve himself for a month after the Tony fight and Conor will probably go on a bender after tonight, win or lose.

Yeah from a business / legal point of view they can of course.
But it would be a massive blow to their brand and legitimacy as a sports org. if the president strips the champ for not defending against his favorite who doesnt deserve a TS by any measures.

if a champion refuses to fight and gets stripped, he's the only loser in this. nobody outside of a sherdog forum worries about so called legitimacy

if a champion refuses to fight and gets stripped, he's the only loser in this. nobody outside of a sherdog forum worries about so called legitimacy

Yeah and Khabib himself apparently...

Back