Dana must be pissed !

Yep Khabib v COnor 2 would have been huge if Conor had won impresssively

50 million down the drain

Not sure he is that pissed tbh.

Conor redemption would make a great arc for the UFC, provided he can bounce back and win a few.
Also will allow the UFC to have more leverage in the negotiations with McG, no more crazy demands from Mr Proper Twelve.

But that's IF Conor can and want to go at it seriously again.
Honestly he looked awful yesterday : poor boxing with that hybrid boxing stance that isn't adapted to MMA, a lot of windmilling, not his best speed and awful cardio..
Looked like a family man that hasn't his head in the fight game anymore to me, or someone that underestimated Poirier..

But I'd incline for the 1st option because there was a shot of him during Buffer's presentation and he looked unusually nervous/ didn't look confident at all.

They can still make money with him, just forget about him being LW champ. Top LW's right now would fucking dismantle him. Any of them.

HuyFUPn.gif

Conor redemption would make a great arc for the UFC, provided he can bounce back and win a few.
Also will allow the UFC to have more leverage in the negotiations with McG, no more crazy demands from Mr Proper Twelve.

Honestly he looked awful yesterday : poor boxing with that hybrid boxing stance that isn't adapted to MMA, a lot of windmilling, not his best speed and awful cardio..
Looked like a family man that hasn't his head in the fight game anymore to me, or someone that underestimated Poirier..

But I'd incline for the 1st option because there was a shot of him during Buffer's presentation and he looked unusually nervous/ didn't look confident at all.

You trolling? Dude was clearly miserable at the press conference. He and the company had a lot riding on this fight, which is why he pushed the Khabib fight so hard. He knows the kind of money it would generate despite Khabib smashing his head through mat and choking him out. Both he and Conor overlooked Dustin at all points of this matchup and Dana showed that by still talking about the hypothetical second fight between Khabib and Conor.

McGregor is the cash cow and it sucks that despite getting knocked out, Dustin won't get much in return. He'll continue to make a similar wage and he won't get any special treatment. But either way, alot rode on Conor winning this fight, and winning this fight in violent fashion as he had 6 years ago. But Conor getting KO'd was great, and seeing Dana's defeated body language at the presser was even better.

It's funny how Dana now doesn't give a damn anymore if Khabib comes back or not. He only cared about the McGregor rematch. Saying that Khabib's basically retired and he was the one trying to get him to come back.
<WhatItIs>

Poirier - McGregor III for the title. He's saying Poirier - Chandler, but he's not going to do that. He's going to do Gaethje - Chandler or Oliveira - Chandler for the #1 contender spot. All he's thinking about now is how he's going to get Conor on top again.

...Or.. Maybe he does do Poirier - Chandler for the title, and, does McGregor - Diaz III in the hope of scraping some cash still from McGregor.

<36>He just lost 2 of his biggest stars in one night though<mma1>

Redemption Conor > Motivated Family Man Calm Conor > Trash Talking Conor

Conor - Tony
Conor - Nate
Conor - Gaethje

So many great match ups, who wouldn't watch these fights regardless of Conor's streak

You trolling? Dude was clearly miserable at the press conference. He and the company had a lot riding on this fight, which is why he pushed the Khabib fight so hard. He knows the kind of money it would generate despite Khabib smashing his head through mat and choking him out. Both he and Conor overlooked Dustin at all points of this matchup and Dana showed that by still talking about the hypothetical second fight between Khabib and Conor.

McGregor is the cash cow and it sucks that despite getting knocked out, Dustin won't get much in return. He'll continue to make a similar wage and he won't get any special treatment. But either way, alot rode on Conor winning this fight, and winning this fight in violent fashion as he had 6 years ago. But Conor getting KO'd was great, and seeing Dana's defeated body language at the presser was even better.

I didn't see the presser yet.

Ofc I forgot UFC was copromoting an eventual Pacquiao fight.
We'll see.

I don't think Conor is done yet, redemption ARC could work great, and a Pac fight later down the road is still conceivable.

But I agree with you both on Conor getting KO'ed and Dana getting bought back down to earth.
Especially since it couldn't have been done by a nice guy than Poirier.

Conor - Tony
Conor - Nate
Conor - Gaethje

So many great match ups, who wouldn't watch these fights regardless of Conor's streak

no to conor nate

the other two are absolute bangers though

idk

dana is probably 50 50

conor got too big
this will bring him under more control tbh

Back