Media Dana: "Oh, our PPVs are down? This is how we gain more revenue from them anyway:"

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score

http://mmapayout.com/2018/11/white-whittles-down-distributors-draw-on-ppvs/

So the distributors got 50% of the revenue from PPV.
No they get only 30%! And they don't have a choice - what are they gonna do? Stop reselling UFC PPVs? They have no other alternative.

For example, 100K people watched PPVs from outside distributors.
Now UFC is going to get money from it equal to money from 140K people!

How nice.

PPV buyers don't suffer from this at all of course.
But it just shows again that Endeavor is all about cheap, cheap, cheap.

smart move. can't hate on Dana here.

Sprry TS, but you sound like a butthurt nerd here. There isn't a problem.

Why is it a bad thing that the UFC made a good deal?

Its not like its a mom and pop store getting the short end of the stick. Who cares that Comcast and Dish are going to make less off a product they dont create?

Sprry TS, but you sound like a butthurt nerd here. There isn't a problem.

Why is it a bad thing that the UFC made a good deal?

Its not like its a mom and pop store getting the short end of the stick. Who cares that Comcast and Dish are going to make less off a product they dont create?

This, specifically, is not a bad thing. And I didn't say it is.
The tendency overall is bad. For end users as well. You know you get cheap product that is overpriced, you'll feel it everywhere. And fighters will feel too. And I'm on fighters' side.

smart move. can't hate on Dana here.

Dana is a good spokeperson and BizDev.
He always was.
He never is a decision maker, but a good negotiator and a public figure.

Indeed great job by him, even though the distributors, as I mentioned, didn't really have a choice.
There is no equivalent alternative for this product.

Murr murr murr...I just want to watch me some UFC

This, specifically, is not a bad thing. And I didn't say it is.
The tendency overall is bad. For end users as well. You know you get cheap product that is overpriced, you'll feel it everywhere. And fighters will feel too. And I'm on fighters' side.

I dont think you can link this deal to the costs continuing to rise. If anything, this will keep them the same for a while because they are getting more money per buy. I agree they are too expensive and have risen way too fast.

WME will learn their lesson eventually with the talent eroding. At the point it becomes a real problem they'll start matching to keep guys like Eddie or Bader around like they used to. Unless some of the orgs die trying to pay them.

None of that is in the OP though.

How does the UFC get when people stream the PPVs from dodgy Russian websites?

I dont think you can link this deal to the costs continuing to rise. If anything, this will keep them the same for a while because they are getting more money per buy. I agree they are too expensive and have risen way too fast.

WME will learn their lesson eventually with the talent eroding. At the point it becomes a real problem they'll start matching to keep guys like Eddie or Bader around like they used to. Unless some of the orgs die trying to pay them.

Well, PPVs are less important for them than TV deal anyway.
Their biggest money come from TV. And TV wants from them as many events as possible, to fill as many slots.
So they'll fill it with cheap content, preferring quantity over quality, and under these circumstances - they don't need Eddie, they don't need Bader. Since they're not ratings.
The only guy they'll really fight for nowadays will probably be Northcutt. I'll be very surprised if they let ONE snatch him just like that.

Good for the UFC. The PPV companies have few clients now. UFC is one of the few. They deserve the lion's share of the pie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back