Dana: Really quick before we go, did anyone bring little kids here?

"Do you think he acts like he wants to sit down and have a conversation with me and fight in the UFC?"
Despite White's misgivings, Askren met with UFC officials in Las Vegas in late-November, in one last attempt to reach an agreement.

"The meeting went really well," Askren said. "They were all polite, everything was good, and we talked. Honestly when I left the UFC offices, I thought we were going to come to a deal at that point.

"Later that night they call back and they say that they're not interested. It was kind of a weird set of circumstances, and after going through the meeting and everything, it's very clear to me that it's not really about me. It's about Dana's quarrel with Bellator and (Bellator CEO) Bjorn (Rebney) ... because when you look at his main argument -- that I'm not I'm good enough -- it's shenanigans, plain and simple.

Ben Askren announces signing with ONE FC, blames 'immature' Dana White

"That kid does not want to fight the best in the world."
"I have already told Dana, obviously via twitter, not face-to-face, I don't have his cell phone number; I told him I would fight 'GSP' for free if I lost. If I lost, you don't have to pay me anything, that's how confident in my abilities I am. Now, I'll make a new offer to Dana. Obviously, 'GSP' and Hendricks are going to have a rematch, barring 'GSP's' retirement, which I don't think is going to stand. That was in the heat of the moment. Rory MacDonald is another guy that, he really just bugs me and he irks me. It was really nice to see him get knocked off his pedestal on Saturday night, but, if Dana White were willing, if I lost to him (Rory), I would fight for free and retire from the sport of MMA because that's how confident I am that I will beat Rory MacDonald. I am not completely financially motivated, I obviously want to make a living, but at the same time, I want to beat the best guys in the world."

Ben Askren to Dana White: Give me Rory MacDonald, I'll fight for free and retire from MMA if I lose

Despite White's misgivings, Askren met with UFC officials in Las Vegas in late-November, in one last attempt to reach an agreement.

"The meeting went really well," Askren said. "They were all polite, everything was good, and we talked. Honestly when I left the UFC offices, I thought we were going to come to a deal at that point.

"Later that night they call back and they say that they're not interested. It was kind of a weird set of circumstances, and after going through the meeting and everything, it's very clear to me that it's not really about me. It's about Dana's quarrel with Bellator and (Bellator CEO) Bjorn (Rebney) ... because when you look at his main argument -- that I'm not I'm good enough -- it's shenanigans, plain and simple.

Ben Askren announces signing with ONE FC, blames 'immature' Dana White

"I have already told Dana, obviously via twitter, not face-to-face, I don't have his cell phone number; I told him I would fight 'GSP' for free if I lost. If I lost, you don't have to pay me anything, that's how confident in my abilities I am. Now, I'll make a new offer to Dana. Obviously, 'GSP' and Hendricks are going to have a rematch, barring 'GSP's' retirement, which I don't think is going to stand. That was in the heat of the moment. Rory MacDonald is another guy that, he really just bugs me and he irks me. It was really nice to see him get knocked off his pedestal on Saturday night, but, if Dana White were willing, if I lost to him (Rory), I would fight for free and retire from the sport of MMA because that's how confident I am that I will beat Rory MacDonald. I am not completely financially motivated, I obviously want to make a living, but at the same time, I want to beat the best guys in the world."

Ben Askren to Dana White: Give me Rory MacDonald, I'll fight for free and retire from MMA if I lose

1) we are just hearing what ben said
2) why waste your most profitable fighter (gsp) against someone who could barely beat the Thoroughbred?

He's the only ever UFC President, so he is acting like one, it's axiomatic.

What you mean is something like "you're the president of a big, international company with thousands of employees and many millions in revenue, act like it" - which is a different statement

Not quite. He said "act like one," not "act like it." he was saying that Dana white should act like a president. "of the ufc" describes that position. He wasn't saying Dana should act like the president of the ufc. If that were the case, he would have said "act like it."

I bet it felt good to write axiomatic though. You're a poster on Sherdog with an obviously Advanced vocabulary compared to the average. Act like it.

Did you two goofs forget where you're posting? This is Sherdog, damnit, act like it.
Boobs, poop.

"askren isnt cut out for the ufc, where the best fight the best"

*hires cm punk*

Yes Dana is personally blocking Ben Askren from coming to the UFC.. lol at these people.

1) we are just hearing what ben said
"We're gonna meet with him on Monday," White said. "We're just not going to sign him. He can go to World Series of Fighting where there's actually some competition for him. There's no competition for him at that other place [Bellator]."

Ben Askren to meet with UFC in Las Vegas next week; Dana White still not interested in making a deal

"First of all, we didn't ask for that meeting, he asked for that meeting. There was never any, ‘Let's meet with Ben Askren.' Ben Askren wanted that meeting."

Dana White had no idea ONE FC was still in business, tells Ben Askren and his 'stupidness' to go fight on Pluto

"askren isnt cut out for the ufc, where the best fight the best"

*hires cm punk*
"He barely beat Jay Hieron."

*signs Jay Hieron*

*signs three guys who lost to Jay Hieron (Lapsley, High, Riggs)*

Askren has said he doesn't want to fight in the UFC. Why don't people go to him with their stupid questions?

LMAO. Shills on the internet going as far as making shit up and lying? lmao Wow

ben askren signed a long contract with OneFC

dana cant sign him, because ben took himself off the market

dana told him to go to WSOF, but ben said he doesnt like being told what to do and locked himself out of the UFC. he couldve came over from WSOF like rumble did

Askren wanted to join the UFC and was very vocal about it, not a great way to make the current company happy. When the granted his release and wasn't signed by the UFC, Bellator offered him less money than ONE and WSOF.

A common misconception was he wasn't a rating draw, but his cards actually did well for the company.

to be fair, bellator announced they released alvarez, then when the UFC signed him, they said nope and made it into a battle

ben was the next champ to be "released", dana told ben to sign to WSOF. which wouldve broken bellator's hold on him and allowed dana to pick him up in a fight or two

askren could be in the UFC right now if he just listened

I'm a big Askren fan, but he makes a point. I figure it's just contract disputes.

Ben Askren ‏@Benaskren
Wow @danawhite I just caught that video everyone is talking about. Why you mad bruh??

Here's what it boils down to…

Dana: Hey Ben… Wanna be in the UFC?

Ben: Sure!

Dana: Awesome… Here's what we're offering $XXX/fight…

Ben: Whoa, whoa, whoa… I deserve $XXX…

Dana: No

Ben: Yes

Dana: No

Ben: Yes

More like:

Ben: I can't wait to get in the UFC i'm going to kick GSP and Hendricks ass

Dana: Slow your roll

Ben: If I lose to GSP you don't even have to pay me

Dana: We are going to meet with Ben

Ben: Meeting went really good and they were polite to me, I think we are going to get a deal done

Dana: We took the meeting because Ben asked for it; we are not offering him at this time, he just hasn't proven to be good enough for us to sign yet at this time because Bellator had no competition, maybe we will pick him up after he wins a few fights in WSOF

Ben: Didn't see that coming, I thought the meeting went good, we never even discussed money. Move on to signing a big money and exclusive contract with One FC that he can't get out of anytime soon, but still poke fun at Dana for not hiring me.

Dana: I would entertain the idea of ben coming here (now that he can't anytime soon)

Ben: "Ohhh thank you master Dana"

Dana: F#CK THIS GUY, HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE HE IS SCARED OF THE TOP COMPETITION, TRUST ME!!!!

Back