Dana said he'd never seen someone finish from the bottom like that...

GFormat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
apparently he's never seen Khalidov/Santiago 1 :p

I don't even know why he kept saying that. Uriah in no way finished him from the bottom. He very clearly swept to get to top position then finished him completely from the top.

Alavutdin Gadjiev knocked out Hikaru Sato when he was mounted, but I dont blame Dana for not seeing the fight.

It was pretty cool to see it live, but didnt really understand what happened at the time.

I don't even know why he kept saying that. Uriah in no way finished him from the bottom. He very clearly swept to get to top position then finished him completely from the top.

It was really annoying to hear him keep saying it too, trying to hype what was a pretty standard TKO.

Dana also said during the Casey fight that he's never seen a fighter quit between rounds

....and we all know that's a lie, right BJ?

Dana also said during the Casey fight that he's never seen a fighter quit between rounds

....and we all know that's a lie, right BJ?

Jon Jones was actually the one who said that.

He rocked him from the bottom.. Sue him for being excited.

I would have thought he was cageside for Arlovski vs Pe De Pano

Watch the video again. check out how Uriah places his feet on Dylans legs/hips to throw punches from the bottom

Dylan took several unanswered blows and suddenly "turtled up" while on top position. Then he offered absolutely zero resistance to the sweep : he was clearly already rocked and finished.

Andrei did it to Pe de Pano first in the UFC

Arlovski-Cruz_zps5b389a9c.gif

BEAST

well, really, that whole finish is pretty sketch because of the referee intervention right before it. But still, not something you see too often BEAST

Dylan took several unanswered blows and suddenly "turtled up" while on top position. Then he offered absolutely zero resistance to the sweep : he was clearly already rocked and finished.

I agree. He rocked him from the bottom, that 'sweep' was just Dylan falling over. He wasn't KO'd, but he was sure done with getting punched.

Correction: Corner stoppage.

Yes, I can't remember any UFC fighter who personally asked for a fight to stop between rounds, unless he had a fight-ending injury like Diabate against Manuwa.

Watch the video again. check out how Uriah places his feet on Dylans legs/hips to throw punches from the bottom

Yea I have to admit that was sick. I don't recall seeing anyone do that before to create the appropriate spacing in order to drop bombs.

Uriah did pretty much finish him from the bottom. made him drop his head on Uriah's stomach, turtled up, and then Uriah swept him with ease because there was no defense.

Forgive Dana for being excited buts its been a long time since someone has come alont to challenge the spider.

Forgive Dana for being excited buts its been a long time since someone has come alont to challenge the spider.

not taking anything away from uriah, but pilippou and weiman both have wins over him. i'm not sure he is ready for a title shot.

Back