Media Dana White claims Conor McGregor declined replacement opportunity that Gaethje ended up taking

i would think there been talks between the ufc and people as time went along. everyone killed khabib cause he didnt get a private jet which was allowed im sure conor could of done the same thing an been ok.

to be fair as well everyone knows that conor was never the guy to sign to fight on short notice anyway
With all the "he said she said" that goes on in these situations we'll never get an accurate read on what was discussed behind closed doors leading up to the event. The publicly available information looks as though by the time Khabib was officially out it was way too late for Conor to come in. He would have had to arrive in the US on March 13th or earlier, before anyone knew the venue even had to be moved much less that there would be changes to the line up.

With regards to private jets, they still have to go through customs and immigration and the occupants still have to admissible, and Conor wasn't at the time a replacement was needed.

It's from a .uk site, not the Irish media .ie. Doubt it very much that it hasn't been mentioned in the Irish media or raised A STORM in the Irish parliament which is meeting for short sittings for last 2 or 3 weeks under strict COVID 19 conditions. Possibly some private flights for medical reasons or something, but the article seems rubbish with the information gathered by some mysterious company "WingX". Don't believe all you read on the internet !!

What a fraud

Didn't this guy say he would fight anywhere anytime?

How are the Conor fanboys gonna spin this one?
Like they always do, "Smart business move" as if his money is of any relevance to them.

He knew Tony fight would be walking through a wood-chipper win or lose, he dont want that smoke

It's from a .uk site, not the Irish media .ie. Doubt it very much that it hasn't been mentioned in the Irish media or raised A STORM in the Irish parliament which is meeting for short sittings for last 2 or 3 weeks under strict COVID 19 conditions. Possibly some private flights for medical reasons or something, but the article seems rubbish with the information gathered by some mysterious company "WingX". Don't believe all you read on the internet !!
it is about Ireland, there are many more article available ... don't duck my other responses

McGregor could have EASILY fought Justin or Tony. I can even dare to say that he would get a shot at the Welter or bmf belt with just one call. Time to make a move, Conor.

I’m not as certain as you on the result.

In Diaz 2 he showed that he was capable of taking a round off and coming back strong.
While he did a lot of running away, I feel if Tony were to stand up with him the whole time he would make it through.

I’d guess McGregor decision.
Rofl Mcgregor was gasping for air at some point against Nate and taking lots of pitter patter punches. Tbh both looked like shit lol. Tony inflicts much, much more damage and is a much better fighter. He would never let Conor make it out of that round. It ends there. Either McGregor knocks him out silly early or Tony butchers his face after the 3rd round. ( it’s a toss)

Last edited:
Conor couldn't stuff a late takedown and doesnt have the gas to throw bombs for 4 rounds or deal with Tony's pressure. He would have likely lost

What a fraud

If dana offered Conor 500k to be a replacement he could still say Conor said no! Until we know how much he was offered it's pointless to speculate why

If this is true, it could be Dana not paying Conor the requested amount.
We know this old trick. Someone declines a fight due to low pay or other objective reason, but teh boss publicly calls him pussy for ducking.
Haters gonna hate though.

Khabib- went where he was told to go, Abu Dhabi, when he got there they told him he could not enter the country due to the virus so he flew to Russia asking for the new location, by the time there was a location available Russia was locked down

Conor- in Ireland begging them to lock it down due to the virus and they did, the right thing for him and Ireland to do

Both- not available to fight at that time

Sherdog- a bunch of adults arguing for no reason

Oh man lol. That's career suicide for Conor with all the bullshit he spews out. No wonder he retired. It kind of makes sense now. Doesn't mind people not having a camp to fight him when he has a camp. Guys lost all respect.

it is about Ireland, there are many more article available ... don't duck my other responses
Post those links then so, not raised in the Irish parliament where the opposition would be raising a stink about endangering the country while everyone else obeys the restrictions. Fake news article buddy.

What a fraud

As someone who really doesn't need Conor to continue existing, I can also see why he doesn't take last minute fights.

At his status, he doesn't really need to. He wants to build his fight to be a financially successful as possible. Once he got that Mayweather Money, he didn't need to take replacement fights like he did when he was some guy

- Why call someone " jihadi " ? u imply that to be a fan of someone u need to be the same religion as him ? I shouldn't be a fan of khabib not being muslim, I shouldn't be a fan of any atheist athlete too.
- Do u have any actual arguments ? other than " kebab "
- why are u triggered when we speak the truth ? nate has never been a cardio machine, he is 0.5 caliber fighter, conor lost to him twice and felt bless winning a super close decision. Cowboy is old and washed, we didn't wait for him to face conor to say that.
And again, Cowboy went in at at WW against Conor on a two fight loss against Gaethje and Ferguson, neither of them a push over. While your boy Khabib TWICE pulled out against Cerrone at LW.

Dana White made even Herb Dean referee for the fight against Ferguson 249.
Dana White made all arrangements for a win of Conrat and he still turned it down.

IMG_20200511_234234.jpg

Post those links then so, not raised in the Irish parliament where the opposition would be raising a stink about endangering the country while everyone else obeys the restrictions. Fake news article buddy.
lol ur such a joke, imagine calling the times fake news, the times legit has 100/100 score on News guard. U just got exposed for spreading lies as usual. Conor could ve fight, he didn't = hypocrite

his excuse was " I am not a replacement fighter " , two month before he said he ll replace = hypocrite.

Stay ready for UFC 223, where was he ? = hypocrite.

I don't even know why you re trying to change facts here, you should just run out of this thread, because saying " fake news" is actually not an argument without proof.

Yeah not surprised at these twists. Can only count on McGregor taking money fights. His decline isn't as fun as his rise was.

lol ur such a joke, imagine calling the times fake news, the times legit has 100/100 score on News guard. U just got exposed for spreading lies as usual. Conor could ve fight, he didn't = hypocrite

his excuse was " I am not a replacement fighter " , two month before he said he ll replace = hypocrite.

Stay ready for UFC 223, where was he ? = hypocrite.

I don't even know why you re trying to change facts here, you should just run out of this thread, because saying " fake news" is actually not an argument without proof.
"the times 100/100 score" <45> Next you'll be saying the same about the BBC <Lmaoo>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back