Dana White Explains Why Conor is Ahead of Gaethje if He Beats Cowboy at 170

They gave him the guy who Justin just easily KO’d think Con man can get a easy one.

The only people who usually wilt Cowboy always pressure and stay aggressive, Con won’t. Cowboys going to ruin the comeback, he’s the better all around fighter

Because what he has done over the last few years????'u mean lose and lose again and lose again....ok that makes perfect sense. Who justin turned down and why is irrelevant. He should be ranked ahead of Conor for sure. Conor is 1 and 1 at 155. Hasnt won a fight at 155 in over 3 years when he beat eddie....the only fight he ever won at 155. Wtf kind of bs is that.
I am sure it's more about money than what Conor has done. Even with the espn+ deal taking away the Importance of ppv numbers, conor vs khabib 2 would be a huge buisness fight. I dont know why khabib would even accept that fight. If he publicly says Conor doesnt deserve it and will fight justin, or anyone who actually has earned it, I cant see how the ufc can do anything. Its suppose to be about the ranking.conor should not be the 3rd ranked lw. 1 and 1....both title fights...there is no warning anything in that. Being given what he wants is more like it.
It's really a shame that khabib might have to fight a guy who does absolutely nothing g for his legacy by fighting. He already dominated and finished Conor. Conor hasnt worked his way back up a ladder...or even been on the ladder. It really just fucks everyone who actually fights and earns the shot. I am surprised they even let Tony fight. Conor must have needed more time to make himself believe he can win...which he can...but no more so than the last time...odds are really really low

cliffs: Dana White, "Come on guys..."

Brett Okamoto dropped the ball hard.

The problem with Conor getting a title shot with a win over Cowboy isn't that its at 170, its that Gaethje just smoked Cowboy and is on a three fight win streak and therefore it makes no sense for Conor to leapfrog him. Then add the fact that Gaethje is a fresh match up for Khabib while Conor already got mauled by him and it really doesn't make any sense for Conor to get the fight first.

This is pathetic, it's painfully obvious they're trying to do here, give Conor the advantage of not cutting weight and handpick him the easiest opponent he could beat. I have no problem with a rematch if Khabib somehow loses, but to give Conor an instant title shot based from one win over a guy on a two fight losing streak is ridiculous. Dana with Conors nuts in his mouth as per usual, this sport is nothing but money to him no pride or professionalism whatsoever. I hope it blows up in Danas red face, couldn't imagine his expression come fight time.

Gaethje should be next in line, period. Unless for whatever reason, there is a controversial ending to the fight or an razor close decision.

Last edited:
Okamoto is such a pushover.

Ariel Helwani would have pressed him for a direct answer.

Dana with hes usual "well we offered him fights and he turned them " BS he does to make the other guy look bad. Barely anyone wants to see that shitty rematch, 80 percent of the reaction to this has all been negative, it wasnt even a contest, he got mauled and destroyed and the pressers were nothing but cringe listening to mc tapper rambling like drunk fool on stage.

That's why he is where he is. If he had a spine he'd get replaced like Ariel.

Pathetic. Shameful. I knew they would do this, doesn't surprise me.. Conor could have beat CM Punk or Penn and would have got a title shot next.
Putting punk and Penn on the same MMA sentence should be a crime

Last edited:
Brett Okamoto dropped the ball hard.

The problem with Conor getting a title shot with a win over Cowboy isn't that its at 170, its that Gaethje just smoked Cowboy and is on a three fight win streak and therefore it makes no sense for Conor to leapfrog him. Then add the fact that Gaethje is a fresh match up for Khabib while Conor already got mauled by him and it really doesn't make any sense for Conor to get the fight first.

Its funny because Okamoto posted this later. Its like he was too scared to say it Dana's face.

ELoGfrhVAAAsjXX.jpg

Yep pussy, people can say what they want about Ariel but he asks the questions the fans want to know. All the other journalists are just shills to afraid to ask the tough questions. He just let him off the hook.

its a bad idea to fight Jorge at 170 but its a good idea to fight cowboy at 170....lol because Jorge will beat the shit out of connor at any weight class

Here's why MMA will never be seen as a serious sport. You don't get to predetermine which teams play in finals, positions are earned through winning.
KeenNearGuanaco-size_restricted.gif

Wow what a shocker...
Gaethje should just ask for more money, since nothing makes sense when Dana and Conor are involved.

cliffs: Dana White, "Come on guys..."

Wow, the amount of bullshit is staggering . Connor is undoubtedly the biggest MMA star ever , the most popular fighter on the roster . Personally I am happy he is returning....... HOWEVER !!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ?? Mr. White is so full of shit . I am actually pissed that he even attempts to try and explain this fight .

He should just come out and say : "Hey guys look , the UFC is all about making money , it has nothing to do with sport or competition , so we will always favor cash grabbing over merit ..... it is what it is "

I mean....we all know this by now.....

Not many people have seen this gif..... wait for it.

(this was from a shoop thread where Dana was wearing a motorcycle helmet)
iTFI3uy.gif

Make sense to me. And.....2.4 mill buys with a prospective 3 mill vs what can Gaethje/Khabib do?

Biggest rematch in the companies history, gotta strike when it's hot.

Back