Dana White Floats UFC Event on Aircraft Carrier

Cool idea. If an outbreak occurs during the event he can just leave it out there until it runs its course.

• You can't "hire" an aircraft carrier. You either have an arrangement with the government or you buy it.
  • An aircraft carrier can't operate with anything less than a full crew unless it's docked. And the costs aren't from the crew. It's from resources needed to run it. A docked yacht still requires almost it's entire crew 12hrs a day. An aircraft carrier would require even more attention.
  • "Makeshift seating" - are you retarded? It's a boat with no arm rails. If you fall off into the ocean, you will die. The level of safety precautions is staggering.
  • There's a reason why you work at Wal-Mart.
It's a ship, not a boat. There are high strength cordage nets around the edge of the ship. Seen people blown overboard by jet exhaust, but that concern wouldnt be there. They survived by the way.

Maybe refrain from calling people retarded unless you have knowledge on your side.

• An arrangement with the government - so hiring most like, as I said. Also like I said, Dana isn't going to buy a fucking air craft carrier. That would be insane considering he'll be back to normal locations eventually.
  • It doesn't take a full crew to run an air craft carrier for this. Think about all the crew that an air craft carrier has, and then think about how much is actually needed to sail this thing out a little ways for a UFC event. It doesn't need to be crewed for normal operations at all.
  • I'm not retarded, no. Do you know what makeshift means? it's a 'temporary or substitute device.' What else are they possibly going to do? Aircraft carriers don't come with built in stands and seating on the deck. Do you honestly think the people working for WME/UFC can't organize makeshift facilities? Do you realize they have teams that do this on a constant basis all around the world?
  • There are no Wal-Marts in my country. I like the way you ended with that though. That was good. I didn't see it coming lol.

giphy.gif

• You can't hire an active military aircraft carrier in the middle of a pandemic, while those same carriers are having trouble containing COVID-19.
  • All active carriers are a part of a national security plan and have rotations or scheduled maintenances. You'd be asking them to break national security protocols.
  • I'm not sure you understand how complex large boats are. You can't get away with a skeleton crew. There is a crew onboard every moving and docked aircraft carrier in the world. Every day, all day. Boats like this have to be constantly monitored.
  • You can't build "makeshift facilities" on a boat that requires a security clearance to even see.
  • Every carrier already comes with an outdoor seating set-up. It's used by Heads of State, for military award ceremonies, crew activities, etc. No outside group would be allowed to design or set up seating, food service, lighting or anything else. I doubt anyone at WME has the security clearance or experience to gain security clearance to get the only exception ever made in history. lol.
  • There's got to be a Wal-Mart in your country. I can't think of any other job you could be smart enough to work. Your naivete is staggering. The alternative is that I'm having a conversation with a child.

It's a ship, not a boat. There are high strength cordage nets around the edge of the ship. Seen people blown overboard by jet exhaust, but that concern wouldnt be there. They survived by the way.

Maybe refrain from calling people retarded unless you have knowledge on your side.
Cordage nets would not be considered sufficient for an insurance carrier covering this event. Or the U.S. Military if it opened a carrier for public use, which by the way, it would never do. Also, it's technically not a "ship" but a "warship". Don't play games with me. You'll lose.

You.Sir.Are.Retarded.

Cordage nets would not be considered sufficient for an insurance carrier covering this event. Or the U.S. Military if it opened a carrier for public use, which by the way, it would never do. Also, it's technically not a "ship" but a "warship". Don't play games with me. You'll lose.

You.Sir.Are.Retarded.
Guess you never heard of a tiger cruise.

Your other points were good.

Edit: Have you ever been on a carrier? They have something called a hangar deck.

Dana is a true fight fan. He could easily sail off into the sunset with his hundreds of millions, but he loves his fighters too much

Guess you never heard of a tiger cruise.

Your other points were good.

Edit: Have you ever been on a carrier? They have something called a hangar deck.
If you get hurt on a Tiger Cruise, the chances of an insurance payout are next to nil.

giphy.gif

• You can't hire an active military aircraft carrier in the middle of a pandemic, while those same carriers are having trouble containing COVID-19.
  • All active carriers are a part of a national security plan and have rotations or scheduled maintenances. You'd be asking them to break national security protocols.
  • I'm not sure you understand how complex large boats are. You can't get away with a skeleton crew. There is a crew onboard every moving and docked aircraft carrier in the world. Every day, all day. Boats like this have to be constantly monitored.
  • You can't build "makeshift facilities" on a boat that requires a security clearance to even see.
  • Every carrier already comes with an outdoor seating set-up. It's used by Heads of State, for military award ceremonies, crew activities, etc. No outside group would be allowed to design or set up seating, food service, lighting or anything else. I doubt anyone at WME has the security clearance or experience to gain security clearance to get the only exception ever made in history. lol.
  • There's got to be a Wal-Mart in your country. I can't think of any other job you could be smart enough to work. Your naivete is staggering. The alternative is that I'm having a conversation with a child.

• No one's talking about taking an active war ship and using it. Hiring a decommissioned ship or carrier.
  • A war ship doesn't need its entire crew for basic functions. What makes you think this? Right now, there are ships that are having whole departments of their crew evacuated because of Covid-19. Those ships are not now dead in the water as a result of losing some of its normal crew. Again, we're not talking about a full war ship compliment needed here. Not all crew is essential for this.
  • You say it would be the only exception in history, and that they wouldn't be allowed to set up services, etc. and yet, in this very thread someone already posted a video of WWF doing exactly this back in 1993, by holding an wrestling event on a decommissioned air craft carrier.
  • You already did the Wall-Mart thing, mate. Also, why the insults? I didn't insult you at the start of this. You keep listing clear, well-written enough points for discussion, but then you end it all by insulting the fuck out of me. How do you call me a child when that's your approach? Or should I end my replies with paragraphs of Wall-mart and maturity jokes so I can be an adult like you, too?

This is getting pathetic.
He is going senile

He's turned this sport into a joke. It wasn't supposed to be like this.
Yeah he's dipped so low that the President of the United States appointed him to a task force to stimulate the US economy. What an embarrassment!

Dana has really won me over this past month or so.
We are lucky to have him, he is truly going to bat for the sport.
Fuck the haters.

Not a sailor but doesn't even an aircraft carrier pitch from side to side? Just sounds like he's getting even more ridiculous. Indian lands to a secret island in international waters to an aircraft carrier. Life is just a fantasy I guess. I mean, really how much does a sea-worthy decommissioned carrier cost these days?
{<huh}
Post and username does not check out captain....

I wonder does Dana read the news?
Right now non-commissioned officers and other enlisted personnel aren’t worried about live entertainment.
Hell the officers ranks are probably asking a lot of questions about civilian leadership and control over them, this would be a “more fights at the Coliseum” level of distraction. You had a captain and at least ten percent of his crew infected, which completely debilitates preparedness and and he was removed from command for doing the right thing.
Ridiculous, the military isn’t a prop for your harebrained schemes, this reminds me of someone else.
Fake tough guys who’d never have the balls to serve love the military.

Back