Media Dana White gives his praise to four different fighters on a podcast

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

They are having a conversation about how some fans complain whenever a younger, kind of untested fighter gets match-up'd with an established star sitting on the top. And Dana says
that with some fighters it's just a thing of courtesy for when they have outshined veterans performance-wise. They just can't deny somebody the chance to defeat the odds in those cases. Anyways, this leads to Dana starting to praise a few of the fighters he's been dealing with:

"That's who Anderson is. Anderson always wants to test himself against them. Anderson was never that guy who was like "oh, I want to protect my legacy and I don't want to. And they're
trying to make me lose" and all, Anderson Silva never had that mentality. If you thought you were better than Anderson, he wanted to fight you. Any weightclass."

"What about Kamaru Usman? Usman was running through guys twice, you know what I mean? He does not get the credit he deserves. I don't know what it is with the fans, or whatever,
I think when Kamaru is gone then they will all appreciate him. That guy never turned down a fight, he fought everybody we gave him. Imagine you fight somebody that is really tough and
you're like "I gotta fight this tough guy" and he had no problem fighting those guys twice? Usman's a bad boy."

"He fought Khamzat that many fighters absoutely have turned down. Well, if you look at Khamzat, this guy came out of fucking nowhere. When you look at Khamzat, look at how fast he got
to where he is. So we're in Fight Island during Covid, I never heard of this guy in my life, he fights and destroys the guy he fights then starts screaming "I'll crush everybody! I wanna fight again next week!" and my match-makers are like "uh uh, no he's not fighting again that fast" and I'm like "fuck yeah, he's fighting again next week" so give him a fight. He gets it, wins, and then his trajectory was like this.When you're talking about him gassing or "him doing this", he beat Kamaru Usman who is one of the greates ever. I mean this guy was built on Fight Island during Covid just a couple of years ago, okay? Khamzat is an absolute freak of nature and incredibly talented guy."

"Yeah, Bo Nickal is gonna be, that's another one. He's on 300. I mean that's another fun fight, so many fun fights on 300."

Silva, Usman, and Khamzat are all okay fighters but have any of them agreed to Khabib in Russia? Cause that’s awesome.

Watching people slob on Dana’s cock is unbearable. The dude has literally no redeeming qualities as a human.

In 2024, people cheer for rich people who exploit others and beat their wives.

So he randomly brings up Nickal who hasn't fought anyone? Should have asked about Belal's title shot and him taking that Burns fight when he didn't need to.

“Usman was running through guys twice, you know what I mean? He does not get the credit he deserves. I don't know what it is with the fans, or whatever,
I think when Kamaru is gone then they will all appreciate him. That guy never turned down a fight, he fought everybody we gave him. Imagine you fight somebody that is really tough and
you're like "I gotta fight this tough guy" and he had no problem fighting those guys twice? Usman's a bad boy."
I’m not really impressed with this statement. He fought Colby twice who never deserved a title shot, let alone 2.
He fought Masvidal who is not a championship level fighter and didn’t earn a rematch.
He lost back to back against Leon who is the only real legit high level fighter of the 3 and the only one who earned his shot.
Pretty much every fighter is “a tough guy” in the UFC so let not pretend that those challengers were anything more than a money grab based off of popularity.

Everything Dana says is phrased in his idiosyncratic hype manner. "When you look at this sandwich, the things it's accomplished - it's fucking incredible. That's why I'm giving this kid a shot and eating it."

All you Dana White haters...why are you even here? MMA is probably not your thing, I mean you probably prefer something like Boxing, with all it's compelling match ups year in and year out...

Or how about Pro Wrestling? Vince McMahon has a lot of controversy right now. Go hate on that guy!

P.S. I'm a huge Dana White fan. When he's gone and you realize what he's done for the sport, hopefully not because of a rapid decline without his leadership...

Dana giving chimaev love means that UFC and him are on good terms

Back