• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White: 'I am going to unveil the future of fighting'

If it’s the same with or without the strap on the line why does it matter?

Interim belts bring more eyes to the sport and which in turn give life long fighters like Poirier an oppurtunity to make more money for his family.

Let the man have his belt and his moment. You just sit back and watch the show.

You’re done here now.

Big DW lookin thicc<puh-lease75>

At the risk of alienating only my fourth black mate on this website, respectfully, you are full of shit. I very much doubt that adding the “INTERIM” namesake to the fight did anything for ppv sales, and if you are an actual fan of the sport you know very well that the interim strap carries Zero actual significance.

Just ask Colby.

it will be like Mortal Kombat where when a fighter loses, Dana White claims their soul

giphy.gif

<31>

He already claims their soul as part of the contract.

More interim title fight announcements
105lb womens MMA
Conor to receive title shot

it's probably just the modified gloves to stop eye pokes, and shithead is exaggerating as usual.

At the risk of alienating only my fourth black mate on this website, respectfully, you are full of shit. I very much doubt that adding the “INTERIM” namesake to the fight did anything for ppv sales, and if you are an actual fan of the sport you know very well that the interim strap carries Zero actual significance.

Just ask Colby.

See, Black just rolls of the tongue better doesn’t it? You’re welcome.

Tag team matches and Intercontinental championships.

Starting with Colby and Masvidal vs Askren and Woodley for the tag team titles.

My guess is that he’s referring to the new gloves that have been rumored for a while

I think your issue is with fighters “jumping the line” not with interim titles, but I see your point.

The catch is that “line” doesn’t actually exist. Ask Souza.

For legitimacy's sake of course I would love for #1 to fight #2 everytime but unfortunately that is not going to happen.

MMA is better off as a result of last Saturday and if it took two shiny pieces of metal to make it happen what is the harm?

No, you are mistakenly oversimplifying it.

MMA is a sport. You are obviously sore about Jacare, which I am also mad about him not getting his well deserving title shot.

And as a sport, you can't distribute the biggest prize to everyone, or else it becomes worthless.

The ONLY reason that everyone wants to become a champion is because it is because it is a hard thing to get. The HARDEST!

So for the sake of a short term profit, you are making a mockery of the sport and killing it in the long term.

So why would you do that?

That's short-sighted of you!

I believe Dana is referencing the end of times, when 'The Ocho' finally becomes a reality.

Dana did say it was in Vegas, there are robots fighting, it's on ESPN, and it's greater than the World Cup, World Series and World War II combined!

Looks like Dana is still blabbering about this 'future' he is going to unveil:

"I have been the force that has been pushing this sport forward and I am not, our business could not be better, I am working on what we are going to do, things that we'll be doing 3 years from now. I am the one that has been driving this business forward, umm so, umm you know, to listen to any of these people which I DON'T, I just stay home and I do my thing and I keep doing what we are doing and I don't know in the next couple of weeks we are going to have all the media out and I been talking about this for a long time... WE are going to introduce everybody to the future, and it's coming so, ummm, I am really excited about that and I could NOT be more excited about it and all the things that we are working on."

Last edited:
Pretty sure overall mma viewership is down tremendously from 5-10 years ago. Don’t know what else Dana could do to make it boost again besides overhyping new talent.

Back