Dana White on Pacquiao allegedly reaching out to Conor:If that's true, I'll be suing Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao-Ma-gif.gif

Lawsuit? Psshh, Pacquiao's family would put a curse on him if he dare tried.

Sue him for what? Since there is no union, there is no agreement in place to keep contracted fighters from "talking" to people. That only exists for real sports like baseball.

lol....No he didn't "remain featherweight champion." He was stripped. Hence, the belt no longer belonged to him.

And who cares if he reacts or not. Strip him AGAIN, and the sport will move on without him.
I saw him dominate Holloway and KO Aldo in 13 seconds. Undefeated in the division. I didn't see him lose his belt. He'd be favored to beat Holloway in a rematch. In what way is Conor not champion? Because his name isn't written in a cell on a website table? Does that matter? Does it have anything to do with fighting?

Ok, so you don't care how McGregor reacts. I thought your plan was about the UFC controlling the star so they can make money off him. It turns out, you don't care about money. We already covered how you don't care about fighting. So, it's all about getting that website text changed. Whatever floats your boat. I thought you were talking about something else. You know, you probably don't need to talk to Conor at all. Just go talk to whoever's in charge of UFC.com.

Lol why not sue Connor instead of Manny since he's not the one who signed the contract with UFC. He's the one milking off conot

I was about to post the same thing. Wtf has it got to do with Manny? Manny is not under contract with the UFC and it's not his problem that Conor is - he can do what he wants as long as Arum gets a share. Dana should be saying he'll sue Conor.

LOL

Why doesn't Dana just get his boyfriend McG under control, and maybe he wouldn't have to worry about him sneaking off to do more Circus Clown fights.
well, he's under contract. He cant "sneak off" and do any other fights without the UFC's permission and that's not gonna happen again.

Those sources were pretty click bait anyways, basically just stated that Pacquiao has initiated conversation and everyone Is acting like It's a done deal.

If Conor is truly under contract then why is he in contract negotiations with the UFC? Clown show!
being under contract doesn't mean that contract still cannot be negotiated. Particularly when a fighter feels they're not being paid what they're worth.

Breaking, just confirmed by Dana White: Mcgregor vs Pacman April 2018

this

Do people actually think the UFC wants their biggest star to take more fights OUTSIDE the Ufc?

not gonna happen, at least right now.

I had this discussion yesterday with somebody else and he made a few good points in regards to the UFC going into boxing and a little more on the entertainment side of things. However they are primarily still about mixed martial arts. This is the biggest star in that sport. They need him back fighting in the company. Plus Manny Pacquiao does not work for the UFC so they make no money off him at all.

I had this discussion yesterday with somebody else and he made a few good points in regards to the UFC going into boxing and a little more on the entertainment side of things. However they are primarily still about mixed martial arts. This is the biggest star in that sport. They need him back fighting in the company. Plus Manny Pacquiao does not work for the UFC so they make no money off him at all.
Problem is they can’t make him fight.

If Conor is truly under contract then why is he in contract negotiations with the UFC? Clown show!

I think you are confused about the contracts
Conor has 3-4 fights left on his contract that includes a non-compete.
So he is under contract to UFC for combat sports.
Every fight has a bout agreement & you cannot make a fighter fight.
So Conor is saying he won't unless he gets "X" instead of "Y" now.
That does not mean he can just go against the non-compete

lol....No he didn't "remain featherweight champion." He was stripped. Hence, the belt no longer belonged to him.

And who cares if he reacts or not. Strip him AGAIN, and the sport will move on without him.
Very true. People seem to think the UFC NEEDS Conor. He's a draw, he makes them money. We get that, but they don't NEED him. The show will go on because it's bigger than just one guy. Strip of him of the belt and tell him he's got a title shot waiting for him when he gets his shit together and I guarantee he'll quit dicking around.

I was about to post the same thing. Wtf has it got to do with Manny? Manny is not under contract with the UFC and it's not his problem that Conor is - he can do what he wants as long as Arum gets a share. Dana should be saying he'll sue Conor.
3rd party contract interference. I'm not sure if it's the same as tampering but similar. Maybe they COULD penalize Conor too but why would they?

Very true. People seem to think the UFC NEEDS Conor. He's a draw, he makes them money. We get that, but they don't NEED him. The show will go on because it's bigger than just one guy. Strip of him of the belt and tell him he's got a title shot waiting for him when he gets his shit together and I guarantee he'll quit dicking around.

100% correct
Without including MayMac, UFC had their 2nd or 3rd best year profit wise, due to various reasons (contracts, budget cuts, better money management, etc.)
Just like with Brock, RR, etc., its better to have him, but you do not base a company around hoping someone might fight.

Problem is they can’t make him fight.

No but they can stop him from boxing.. They can offer him tons of UFC fights and if he keeps saying no over wanting more money, they will just wait him out.. He can't box without Their approval.. Dana made the Floyd deal. Manny can call Conor's reps but nothing happens without UFC approval..

Back