Rumored Dana White tempted by Whittaker vs Chimaev (for UFC Perth)

I feel like Robert is on the same level as Burns :)

Should be a tough and brutal fight for Khamzat who wins but doesn't look unbeatable at all which lowers his stock :p

(Which is why this fight is unlikely <45>)

Well duh. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Wothless talk imo

I feel like Robert is on the same level as Burns :)

Should be a tough and brutal fight for Khamzat who wins but doesn't look unbeatable at all which lowers his stock :p

(Which is why this fight is unlikely <45>)

Nah, Gilbert is more explosive but once that gas tank empties he's done

Rob will only get better as the fight goes on

Personally I'd be amazed if the UFC didn't have SOMEONE fight Robert Whittaker on the Perth PPV card. It's not like they go to Australia every few months....

It's a big deal, a long way away from their usual PPV events and even though the Paolo Costa fight crumbled I really expect UFC to come up with a nice alternative for Whittaker.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that Costa has 100% pulled out? ie. He's not in training camp?

I'm wondering if there's gonna be a last minute change of mind from the UFC that gets Costa back onboard

Personally I'd be amazed if the UFC didn't have SOMEONE fight Robert zehittsjer on the Perth PPV card. It's not like they go to Australia every few months....

It's a big deal, a long way away from their usual PPV events and even though the Paolo Costa fight crumbled I really expect UFC to come up with a nice alternative for Whittaker.
And they just booked Du Plessis against Brunson too, it looks like the UFC were really banking on Costa signing the fight.
I wouldn't usually be this bothered by it, but this card was promoted with Whittaker being on it since his bout against Costa was the first announced to be on there.
Your now having a Australian PPV homecoming card without one of the biggest stars out of that region, if not the biggest.

The only guys left are Cannonier or possibly Khamzat now according to Dana.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that Costa has 100% pulled out? ie. He's not in training camp?

I'm wondering if there's gonna be a last minute change of mind from the UFC that gets Costa back onboard
Yup. A 100% out for the Perth card.
Before the official cancellation announcement he gave the UFC a time limit until Decemeber to find him a new contract for this fight, if not he wouldn't have enough time to train for a fight and negotiate.

Costa said he'd still be willing to fight Whittaker in March or April and sadly I think that's what they're gonna try to do.
The UFC want to send Costa out on a loss and Whittaker is the best guy they have to do that, unfortunately this is coming at the expense of Whittaker since now he's been put on the backseat along with taken off a huge Perth card until the UFC can figure out something with Costa which will take god knows how long.

Back