Dana White thinks 'it's a really bad idea' for Francis Ngannou to box Tyson Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am Francis I 100% take this , assuming I could. Life changing $$$

"It's a bad idea for my fighters to make big $$$, trust me I've been in this fucking business for over 20 fucking years, I know what I'm fucking talking about."

- Dana fucking White

I understand your points. And to one point in particular, I do understand how head trauma works. If you are familiar with Fury, you understand that he can KO you, but he tends to batter and punish his opponents over rounds before the finish. I'm not implying that Francis would get flatlined by a one hitter quitter, per se. I am implying that Frank would get pummeled and look like he went through a meat grinder. Even if Tyson showed up not in the best shape, he'd still hold a massive advantage over Frank in size and skill. See his Trilogy fights with Wilder(see what I did there?) Lol.
That's a distinct possiblity I wouldn't deny. I just think for his sake that his cardio gives out long before his mental toughness, and Fury being a little less mobile and strategic these days.

More than one person on here typed that Wilder (who won a bronze in the Olympics, took gold in the U.S. nationals) can’t box. So I like Francis odds against Fury.

Dana is right on this one. 100% agree

I think it’s a smart move. Let’s be frank, nganou isn’t that good, it’s only a matter of time before another derick Lewis type fight or gets laid and prayed and loses the belt and any chance of ever making big money.

the downside of fighting fury is him losing a boxing match against the best, no big deal. The upside if he somehow manages to win, he becomes the baddest man in combat sports history and starts making millions per fight and has the best possible leverage any fighter has ever had over Dana.

It would be downright retarded for Francis to turn down a fight vs Fury

Except Francis doesnt care about winning or losing, he cares about the payday he's gonna get.

We all know he'll get slaughtered by Fury but we knew Conor would get beat by Floyd too

1000% this. By the exact same logic, it was a really bad idea for Conor to challenge Floyd, but we didn't hear that at all from Dana. He's so petty and thin-skinned that he's trashing Ngannou who's still technically under contract.

Even though he got the knockout Floyd was past his prime, always had brittle hands, and was never a devastating puncher. He’s not as big of a threat to your health as Tyson is.

Fury is retiring after he fights Whyte.

It’s definitely not going to go well for big Frank.

It's a great idea for Francis. The object is big paydays. MMA HW champ vs boxing HW champ. Bill it as the fight that decides "who is the baddest man on the planet?". Fury can carry Francis for a few rounds to give the marks a show, then tko Francis in one of the mid rounds. The storyline writes itself, and everyone gets paid. Where's the issue?

Maybe if Dana is pissed about Ngannou possibly getting the next shot at Fury, then he's a fucking idiot

Dana not getting a cut of the cheque like he did with Conor

There is no legacy in MMA. MMA fans are more fickle than teenage girls. Look how quickly everyone turned on Khabib or GSP.
Those guys sucked. JK. Funny part is most of the critical folk
never even trained

Dana is right here Francis would get smashed badly against Tyson Fury.

So Dana thinks it's a better idea to fight for 500k instead of 50 million?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back