Media Dana White values UFC principles more than money

Do you respect Dana for valuing principles over money?

• Maybe

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hate to say it like this, but no company actually values principles over money. They value principles they think will make them money.
Do you think Dana's ripping out Peletons because they tried to compel speech was a play at more money?? How could that possibly be a money maker?

I am as cynical as anybody. And no defender of companies, bureaucracies, or even humans in large groups (in which we descend into shit tier behaviour).

But the idea that EVERY SINGLE decision anybody makes could be all just calculated to make more profit negates all we know about the emotional and impulsive nature of human beings in general. Humans are simply not that rational and certainly not that consistent.

Not many humans CAN be that robotic, and certainly not a guy as hot headed as Dana. We've seen him shoot his profit in the foot over his feelings many a time, and I suspect we'll always keep seeing this because he's a hot head in certain conditions.

That said, he sure does enjoy making money - I won't disagree there.

Looks like an ad placement for Bud Light more than anything, lol.

"If you don't share my core values, you can **** off!"

"And that's why you should buy Bud Light!"
Wow, you guys really reach, eh? Is Dana a fuzzy wuzzy good guy? No, he's a dedicated and cut throat promoter, sure. He's a degenerate gambler and dabbler in human flesh for cash. He's a lot of less-than-perfect things, most of all, a company man through and through.

But this level of conspiracy theory makes 911 conspiracies seem like obvious truths. At least, if we're going on the basis of evidence.

“Dana can lose a million dollars gambling in a few hours and just shrug it off, but he can’t help out his 93-year-old grandmother?”

“It is difficult for me to see how, as the popularity of the UFC evolved, the person I once knew changed into someone who is egotistical, self-centered, arrogant, and cruel,” White said. “Dana went from being a true friend, a good son, and a truly nice person to being a vindictive tyrant who lacks any feelings for how he treats others.”

"When Dana White's elderly grandmother asked him for a small amount of cash for dinner because she was starving, Dana White laughed and told her to get on her knees and beg. When his grandmother got on her knees, Dana White shoved her onto the ground and told her to never contact him again. He then unzipped his pants and attempted to urinate on her before bystanders intervened"

*in chael voice* "That happened"

Dana is trustworthy in a criminal from the mafia kinda way but as a businessman, fighters dont trust him nor the ufc to do right by the fighters. They sign up knowing that they will be enslaved unless they get extremely lucky and have a perfect run. Even then nothing is assured as politics and rankings can derail careers.

<LikeReally5> NEED I SAY MORE
Dana and the Fertitta sisters can all kick rocks. For what that man did for your company
I dont care what drugs stephan was hooked on. there is never no bridges to be burned,
unless hes messing with underage kids stephen would always know hes a phone
call away for a blessing.

I would personally drag him into a rehab center myself and make
him get help as if My life depended on it.

I WOULD BE ASHAMED IF A GUY WHO SAVED MY
COMPANY NEEDS A GO FUND ME . Even worse he needs one after he dies. His kid and wife would be taken care of.
Im not saying you gotta give her a BAZAILLION Dollars but she will at least have a house paid for
a car, His son will have good christmases, all the toys and games he would want,
paid for college, and some connections to jobs when he grows up, same with the mother

as long as shes willing to be trained she has work.
But again thats just my principles.

IMG_4205.jpeg

“Dana can lose a million dollars gambling in a few hours and just shrug it off, but he can’t help out his 93-year-old grandmother?”

“It is difficult for me to see how, as the popularity of the UFC evolved, the person I once knew changed into someone who is egotistical, self-centered, arrogant, and cruel,” White said. “Dana went from being a true friend, a good son, and a truly nice person to being a vindictive tyrant who lacks any feelings for how he treats others.”

"When Dana White's elderly grandmother asked him for a small amount of cash for dinner because she was starving, Dana White laughed and told her to get on her knees and beg. When his grandmother got on her knees, Dana White shoved her onto the ground and told her to never contact him again. He then unzipped his pants and attempted to urinate on her before bystanders intervened"
Stop it. Dana is a good man and would give you his shirt off his back if you needed it

So you're telling me if Belal screamed free Palestine with the flag & said Israel can go F itself, Dana would have no problem with it at all?
He couldn’t say in the octagon probably but outside it yes

Lol yet the UFC censors Islam and Khamzat post fight. I don't really support either guy and their beliefs, but Dana has always been full of shit himself.
He won’t tell his fighters what they should or shouldn’t say.
I can't see any lie in here. It means you can say anything you want but i can censor it if i need to.
Some networks even censored Derrick Lewis talking about being on the phone with Trump after he beat Volkov

Dana White has always valued UFC’s free speech policy, allowing free speech and his refusal to censor fighters.

He even told a sponsor to go f*ck themselves after that sponsor tried to control speech. White showed that certain UFC values are not for sale.

Dana has always been an advocate that fighters can say what they want ( have you seen the crazy sh*t fighters say? )

Dana White won’t tell his fighters what they should or shouldn’t say, and it turns out he applies that same rule to himself.”

Horse shit

How about the principal of paying your fighters what they're worth??
What if free speech includes criticizing UFC policies?? - yeah right, only the "free speech" is only what Dana approves.

Dana the moral crusader - give me a fucking break.

Fighters acting and talking like ass-hats drums up controversy and revenue - Dana only cares about money and power.

Just cause your boss respects free speech, still makes it a bad idea to go to work and cuss him out and talk shit about the company.

They've canned fighters before for their speech or affiliation.

Didn't Dana get mad at Brock for saying he was going to drink Coors because Bud light didn't pay him anything?

Miguel Torres was cut after he reposted on twitter a joke from a tv show

Not true, mate.

Otherwise we'd all be insurance salesmen, investment bankers, influencers and the like.

Many of us choose professions that don't make any money but feel like the right thing to do. And one of the reasons these jobs don't make any money is supply and demand - there are so many people driven by values instead of money that the wages stay low as there's an endless lineup of idealistic people waiting for a shot.

If that wasn't the case, social worker jobs would pay three times what they do pay. It's a curious, disappointing irony.
People do things out of principle all the time. Companies do things out of principle if they think it will make them money.

Take the while Bud Light thing for example. They pursued inclusiveness because they thought it would make them the most money. When it turned out that it lost them money they backtracked hard and we got a ‘rock flag and eagle’ commercial to remind us how blue collar they are.

Do you think Dana's ripping out Peletons because they tried to compel speech was a play at more money?? How could that possibly be a money maker?

I am as cynical as anybody. And no defender of companies, bureaucracies, or even humans in large groups (in which we descend into shit tier behaviour).

But the idea that EVERY SINGLE decision anybody makes could be all just calculated to make more profit negates all we know about the emotional and impulsive nature of human beings in general. Humans are simply not that rational and certainly not that consistent.

Not many humans CAN be that robotic, and certainly not a guy as hot headed as Dana. We've seen him shoot his profit in the foot over his feelings many a time, and I suspect we'll always keep seeing this because he's a hot head in certain conditions.

That said, he sure does enjoy making money - I won't disagree there.
It’s a money maker in the sense that it sets a standard for how the company is willing to deal with advertisers and in the long term there’s monetary value in maintaining a firm negotiating position with advertisers in general and demonstrating that he won’t be bullied by them because he’s willing to let one go just for trying.

Granted, it’s a gamble. But boy does Dana love doing that lol

People do things out of principle all the time. Companies do things out of principle if they think it will make them money.

Take the while Bud Light thing for example. They pursued inclusiveness because they thought it would make them the most money. When it turned out that it lost them money they backtracked hard and we got a ‘rock flag and eagle’ commercial to remind us how blue collar they are.

Oh, sorry. Misread your post. Thought you said people. I totally agree. By definition corporations are motivated by profit.

Remember the Gillette toxic masculinity campaign? A fucking razor company, after decades of sports cars and super models and fighter jets and other horseshit in their ads clearly trying to associate their razors with a certain, restricted version of masculinity, not only reverses course on their embracing of toxic masculinity, they have the fucking balls to lecture us about it.

It’s a money maker in the sense that it sets a standard for how the company is willing to deal with advertisers and in the long term there’s monetary value in maintaining a firm negotiating position with advertisers in general and demonstrating that he won’t be bullied by them because he’s willing to let one go just for trying.

Granted, it’s a gamble. But boy does Dana love doing that lol

It's also throwing a bone to the greater mma fanbase who this will resonate with. It was big on social media, he got a lot of eyeballs on him/the ufc with the message being "we are strong, idealistic, powerful and macho."

Companies pay millions of dollars to get some attention like that. In the long run, paying for a few new non-peleton exercise bikes is an absolute steal of a deal considering the buzz that this stunt generated.

Threads like this are proof of how useful it was. How many other bozos think this somehow reflects positively on Dana? Probably in the millions

Back