Dana White's Contender Series - Season 6, Week 6 - August 30th

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
2630.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/dwcs-week-6-2630

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Dana-Whites-Contender-Series-Contender-Series-2022-Week-6-93232

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/89499-contender-series-2022-week-6

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_White's_Contender_Series_Season_6

Would be pretty shocked if Rebecki loses.

Dumas is the main dog that sticks out to me initially. Pretty competent on the feet (obviously not as competent as Penaz) but might be competent enough that he can hang there long enough to push the grappling. Looks to have decent enough all round skills from what I've seen.

Would be pretty shocked if Rebecki loses.

Dumas is the main dog that sticks out to me initially. Pretty competent on the feet (obviously not as competent as Penaz) but might be competent enough that he can hang there long enough to push the grappling. Looks to have decent enough all round skills from what I've seen.

Dumas is like a more athletic version of Joseph Holmes. He does look green in certain areas but he is strong and athletic as fuck. Can get away with lots of mistakes when you are strong. Penaz looks vulnerable for cage push.

Penaz has good hands tho and his TDD seems to be on point. I'm leaning that it will be hard for Dumas to get the takedowns.

Last edited:
Was looking at Dudakova as a dog but not sure anymore. Both are great grapplers but I think Silva is more technical on the ground and more dangerous on the feet. Dudakova is very young and already has some solid experience, and I've seen both of them make grappling mistakes and get taken down, but I've barely seen Silva look compromised. She got her back taken at one point in her last fight against another grappler, hardly looked concerned and escaped it pretty easily. Otherwise dominated the grappling exchanges with smooth transitions and heavy control. I think Dudakova has a good future but this is too tough of an opponent for her.

Considering taking Bilder though. Morgan's had a ton of good experience. Two knockouts against TJ Laramie is pretty impressive. He's technical and sharp on the feet. But I just think he's kind of a basic standup fighter in the end. Bilder should be the better wrestler, and he's competent+tough enough on the feet to be fine till he gets to his shots. Apparently trained with Chito for a while too. If Morgan's able to consistently stuff him it might be a hard night. But Bilder's got great takedowns+pressure and will look for subs at every opportunity.

Anyone have a better read on Henrique? There's not a ton out there on him. Considering just throwing a KO play on Kinoshita when props are out, I love the guy.

Anyone have a better read on Henrique? There's not a ton out there on him. Considering just throwing a KO play on Kinoshita when props are out, I love the guy.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets DQ'd again. He is young and has that Rizin ruleset in his head.

He kicked Sumimura in the balls and grabbed the fence multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks Henrique out then stomps his head and gets DQ'd because kicking grounded opponent. There hasn't been a DQ for a while and we are due for one.

i think Kino is the side but gotta be careful with these young boneheads.

Was looking at Dudakova as a dog but not sure anymore. Both are great grapplers but I think Silva is more technical on the ground and more dangerous on the feet. Dudakova is very young and already has some solid experience, and I've seen both of them make grappling mistakes and get taken down, but I've barely seen Silva look compromised. She got her back taken at one point in her last fight against another grappler, hardly looked concerned and escaped it pretty easily. Otherwise dominated the grappling exchanges with smooth transitions and heavy control. I think Dudakova has a good future but this is too tough of an opponent for her.

Considering taking Bilder though. Morgan's had a ton of good experience. Two knockouts against TJ Laramie is pretty impressive. He's technical and sharp on the feet. But I just think he's kind of a basic standup fighter in the end. Bilder should be the better wrestler, and he's competent+tough enough on the feet to be fine till he gets to his shots. Apparently trained with Chito for a while too. If Morgan's able to consistently stuff him it might be a hard night. But Bilder's got great takedowns+pressure and will look for subs at every opportunity.

Silva's too experienced and well rounded for Dudakova at this stage I think. Dudakova has a lot of potential but watching the way Silva comfortably beat Wozniak (who's very good) was impressive. Silva should be stronger, faster and more skilled everywhere. I hated the matchup when it was made because I think Dudakova could have beaten either of the 115ers from this week but very little chance against Silva imo.

I'm weighing up whether Bilder is worth a stab, I do like Morgan though, he's a poor man's Calvin Kattar and I don't mean that as an insult.

Who the fuck is Kino fighting?

Tapo says this guy. 6'5" welterweight? No way.
José Henrique
josehenrique_mma_67238568_134179871168569_3298198206343639931_n.jpg

Sherdog says this is Kino's opponent.
JOSE HERALDO DE SOUZA ALVES
1598459458a05d8b48-235e-44f3-9dad-3a499814ece0.jpg

what the fookk is going on here? I think sherdog shows wrong opponent. Dangerous stuff when you are gambler and only use one site. @JayPettryMMA

Who the fuck is Kino fighting?

Tapo says this guy. 6'5" welterweight? No way.
José Henrique
josehenrique_mma_67238568_134179871168569_3298198206343639931_n.jpg

Sherdog says this is Kino's opponent.
JOSE HERALDO DE SOUZA ALVES
1598459458a05d8b48-235e-44f3-9dad-3a499814ece0.jpg

what the fookk is going on here? I think sherdog shows wrong opponent. Dangerous stuff when you are gambler and only use one site. @JayPettryMMA
Tap might be off on this one. Guy's a 6'5 career MW, so doubtful he's making the cut to 170 for such a big spot.

Nvm, looked into it further and sherdog's the only place where Canela is not listed as the opponent.

Tap might be off on this one. Guy's a 6'5 career MW, so doubtful he's making the cut to 170 for such a big spot.

Nvm, looked into it further and sherdog's the only place where Canela is not listed as the opponent.

Tapology usually the best

Henrique is definitely the right one. Think Sherdog just messed up because they're both "Jose Souza", it's actually Jose Henrique Souza

Silva/Morgan/Rebecki parlay for me.

Maybe Penaz or the under depending on price. Good luck to all of you.

Someone explain be Dudakova hype..

She got taken down in her last fight multiple times and her opponent reversed her in the clinch. She also showed weak double and single leg TD's. She pulled into half guard when she couldn't get the TD. Dudakova not physical enough to beat Maria Silva imo. She could pull off the submission but that is not very likely. Silva better everywhere.

She got taken down in her last fight multiple times and her opponent reversed her in the clinch. She also showed weak double and single leg TD's. She pulled into half guard when she couldn't get the TD. Dudakova not physical enough to beat Maria Silva imo. She could pull off the submission but that is not very likely. Silva better everywhere.
Probably the IMMAF wins going a long way coupled with her age.

that kid is getting creamed. Kino has the snap in the kicks and punches that you don't have unless you've been striking for years. Henrique doesn't know how to take advantage of his long limbs, very passive fighter. i'm expecting Kino to cut down the tree with leg kicks and send him off with the right hand. My only concern if he forgets he's not in japan and soccer kicks Henrique. He did get dq for stomping a dude while holding the fence.

I think all the underdogs are getting destroyed, but if i have to rank the dogs with the most chances its like this.

1.Rodrigo - A good left hook can end anyone's night +Size advantage. But i've seen him crumble under pressure and curl up into a ball when hurt in the Bautista fight. Also can be grounded out.
2. Henrique/Dumas are a tie, both big guys who have the size threat, but i feel they are lacking in technique, they're just a notch below in striking and they have no grappling game to pose a threat.
3. Blake Bilder- He's athletic and decent across the board but not really solid in any one area. He got rocked in his last two fights and losing most of the fight with Buenafuentes who had him in deep waters before the sub. Morgan has a solid 1-2 and i think he gets Blake out of there.
4 . Dudakova just does't have the explosion or athleticism to beat Silva, Silva got put in a tight choke in her last fight but then defended well against Woz. I think she cancels all of Duda's grappling and lights her up to a decision.
You know what this means, 5-leg favorite parlay all-in.

I kid, I kid.

You know what this means, 5-leg favorite parlay all-in.

I kid, I kid.
lol maybe not all in but im not one to shy away from the chalk.

i see myself prop betting most of these by ko. Rebecki by sub might be the same scenario like the perkins fight. a guy who normally tkos ppl deciding to go for a sub this time around just to standout or cause its there and Rodrigo has gotten subbed before. Kino by Ko, same for morgan. we’ll see the lines.

Dudakova has a good sub game, very good off her back, very good grappler in general. It's just not going to pose a threat to Silva who's even better there.

Imo Silva could be top 10 in the UFC right now though.

251C0404-7465-44B7-A780-A7ECF225A5D3.jpeg
im on dumas,think he is the better grappler and can also hang on the feet

not overly impressed with penaz,his striking looks very eradict and he is also a headhunter who only throws a jab,cross and a hook

Back