Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series- Season 2

Going 0.5u apiece on Springer and Sordi.

Going 0.5u apiece on Springer and Sordi.

Me too. Plus a bit on Hajeh. Hoping after the faves swept last week the dogs show up this week.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why some posters give @JimGunn shit. He always posts his bets, doesn't act cocky, he's been around forever, participates in most of the events, etc. Just a weird choice of someone to pick on.

Spann has way too many holes to be -500. Not only can he easily be cracked in this fight (along with many other fightes where he was hurt), but he is a fish out of water when in bottom position and Sordi is a good enough scrambler / wrestler to possibly get him there at some point. Size can be an issue. But at these odds, I am throwing a half unit on Sordi.

Honestly, I'm confused as to why some posters give @JimGunn shit. He always posts his bets, doesn't act cocky, he's been around forever, participates in most of the events, etc. Just a weird choice of someone to pick on.
Hopefully its done with, but I'd argue its quite cocky to refuse to admit disciplined bankroll management is a much more viable strategy for long term profitability rather than constant deviations that see 10-30u bets, and that acting like such a strategy is viable is a lot less contributory than me thinking a youtube video is not good which is where this started. But alas, you can read through the exchange if you have time and decide for yourself.

Hopefully its done with, but I'd argue its quite cocky to refuse to admit disciplined bankroll management is a much more viable strategy for long term profitability rather than constant deviations that see 10-30u bets, and that acting like such a strategy is viable is a lot less contributory than me thinking a youtube video is not good which is where this started. But alas, you can read through the exchange if you have time and decide for yourself.

I think the big part of the argument is how he defines his units. Obviously $100 is not 1% of his total bankroll. Therefore, 10-30 units isn't 10%-30% of his bankroll.

Anyways, I never really viewed him as someone who claimed to be a professional or acts as though gambling is a big part of his life. He's one of the few ones who plays most cards, so I just assumed he's a guy who loves MMA and enjoys the excitement of gambling on it. I'd rather have people like that here than the guys that take themselves way too seriously as "professionals".

I think the big part of the argument is how he defines his units. Obviously $100 is not 1% of his total bankroll. Therefore, 10-30 units isn't 10%-30% of his bankroll.

Anyways, I never really viewed him as someone who claimed to be a professional or acts as though gambling is a big part of his life. He's one of the few ones who plays most cards, so I just assumed he's a guy who loves MMA and enjoys the excitement of gambling on it. I'd rather have people like that here than the guys that take themselves way too seriously as "professionals".
Unit size isn’t restricted to bankroll percentage. I do mighty fine in life having my own farm but only use $100 units. His units are defined by his risk patterns. Outside of those frequent deviations, the risk is basically always between $100 and $500 and I’m sure that’s cause he’s smart enough To know proper bankroll management of some form Is a necessity.

I went through JimGunn's post history and I was shocked to see he is -102 units on bets over 4 units

Wright line is a bit off 1u on him also 1u on Springer.

Considering Hajeh and Sordi.

I do mighty fine in life having my own farm but only use $100 units.

Was wondering when we were gonna see the novelty part of this account come out, unless you're serious. Novelty or not you seem like a solid poster.

Was wondering when we were gonna see the novelty part of this account come out, unless you're serious. Novelty or not you seem like a solid poster.
Thank you I appreciate the compliment, especially since I reckon I could’ve come off bad when one of my first posts in this section resulted in an argument/debate

Not sure why you and Mr Gunn think I’m someone else though. I really am just a farmer who’s made this a hobby over the past year

I haven't suffered severe losses from most of my larger bets- you're just hand selecting a few from your memory as Chief Indian Pow Wow and whoever you were before "Farmer Henry" because you're arguing with me, and because you can't imagine the kind of success I have had happening for you. Some of my larger bets have paid off very handsomely. I had over 10 "units" or $1,050 to be specific on Rafael Lovato Jr. at Bellator 189 on December 1st, 2017, for example, most of it at a whopping +225 odds and won $2,181 on that one fight.

This FarmerHenry is obviously a kid who still lives in his mother's basement. You've been successfully making money gambling for years now. I would say have a contest & loser leaves the message board. But, this kid has had multiple accounts & will never leave. Hopefully over time he will get his self together & quit playing the role of the fool.

This FarmerHenry is obviously a kid who still lives in his mother's basement. You've been successfully making money gambling for years now. I would say have a contest & loser leaves the message board. But, this kid has had multiple accounts & will never leave. Hopefully over time he will get his self together & quit playing the role of the fool.
You bet cm punk

Man if you think I'm a child based off how I've articulated myself I reckon I must be the most intellectually advanced child in America

Its fine to like Mr Gunn but I reckon theres no need to insult me

Unit size isn’t restricted to bankroll percentage. I do mighty fine in life having my own farm but only use $100 units. His units are defined by his risk patterns. Outside of those frequent deviations, the risk is basically always between $100 and $500 and I’m sure that’s cause he’s smart enough To know proper bankroll management of some form Is a necessity.

It's not restricted to it, but it does play a role. As @Oblivian pointed out, everyone isn't looking for the same things from betting. I generally keep within certain limits but every now and then I will deviate. I had a ton (relative to my normal bets) on Machida vs Vitor (ended up hedging some off with the huge line swing but was still big on Lyoto and would have been fine being even bigger had the line not moved). But these aren't amounts that really matter to me in "real life".

I get what you are saying. Good BR management matters. I agree. But I also agree with @JimGunn in that everything isn't always black and white.

It's not restricted to it, but it does play a role. As @Oblivian pointed out, everyone isn't looking for the same things from betting. I generally keep within certain limits but every now and then I will deviate. I had a ton (relative to my normal bets) on Machida vs Vitor (ended up hedging some off with the huge line swing but was still big on Lyoto and would have been fine being even bigger had the line not moved). But these aren't amounts that really matter to me in "real life".

I get what you are saying. Good BR management matters. I agree. But I also agree with @JimGunn in that everything isn't always black and white.
Well its nice to have a respectful reply after that other guy decided to just throw insults my way. I respect your opinion on the matter

I am very very sorry that I started this dick wagging contest by posting that YouTube vid of the harmless capper but for the love of god can we pretty please just get back to discussing the fights?

I regret derailing the thread by arguing unnecessarily. It really shouldn't matter if someone has a novelty account or disagrees with other posters. I do encourage people to post podcast or breakdown videos whenever they want and people can decide for themselves if it is worth listening to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back