Daniel Cormier admits he would lose to prime Fedor: “He might’ve got me”

I mean they basically have the same game. I always felt like Cormier was Fedors successor in styles.

But Fedor has a bit better hands and combos. Also more fluidity with his striking to takedown transitions. Also probably a bit better submissions.

However, I do feel Cormier had the better wrestling. They're both really, really good in their primes.

Fedor Emelianenko stands as a monumental figure in the world of combat sports. Despite never gracing the UFC octagon, he boasts victories over iconic former UFC champions like Frank Mir, Rampage Jackson, and Mark Coleman.

Notably, even MMA luminaries like Daniel Cormier recognize him as the GOAT in the heavyweight division of the sport’s history.

During the UFC 291 weigh-ins this past summer, Daniel Cormier touched upon the subject of the formidable Russian combatant. Alongside Belal Muhammad and Din Thomas, the trio unanimously concluded that former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko secured his place as the greatest Russian combatant ever.

Belal Muhammed posed a hypothetical to Daniel Cormier, asking how he would fare against the legendary Fedor Emelianenko. Surprisingly candid, the UFC commentator conceded that he would have lost the match.

Belal Muhammad asked Daniel Cormier about a dream showdown with Fedor Emelianenko at the UFC 291 weigh-ins earlier this summer. He said: “Question, prime ‘DC’ versus prime Fedor, who wins? The best American fighter of all time, against your best Russian fighter of all time. What would your strategy be?

DC responded honestly, “He was good, he was really good. I think he might’ve got me, I think he might’ve got me. [Shrugs] He was good man, yeah. You always put the other man over.”

Read more at
https://calfkicker.com/daniel-cormier-admits-he-would-lose-to-prime-fedor-he-mightve-got-me/

DC knows
DC being humble. DC would smoke him

I'd give Fedor the edge mostly because he was faster. But its a very tough fight, i'd favour DC over anyone Fedor beat.

Fedor Emelianenko stands as a monumental figure in the world of combat sports. Despite never gracing the UFC octagon, he boasts victories over iconic former UFC champions like Frank Mir, Rampage Jackson, and Mark Coleman.

Notably, even MMA luminaries like Daniel Cormier recognize him as the GOAT in the heavyweight division of the sport’s history.

During the UFC 291 weigh-ins this past summer, Daniel Cormier touched upon the subject of the formidable Russian combatant. Alongside Belal Muhammad and Din Thomas, the trio unanimously concluded that former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko secured his place as the greatest Russian combatant ever.

Belal Muhammed posed a hypothetical to Daniel Cormier, asking how he would fare against the legendary Fedor Emelianenko. Surprisingly candid, the UFC commentator conceded that he would have lost the match.

Belal Muhammad asked Daniel Cormier about a dream showdown with Fedor Emelianenko at the UFC 291 weigh-ins earlier this summer. He said: “Question, prime ‘DC’ versus prime Fedor, who wins? The best American fighter of all time, against your best Russian fighter of all time. What would your strategy be?

DC responded honestly, “He was good, he was really good. I think he might’ve got me, I think he might’ve got me. [Shrugs] He was good man, yeah. You always put the other man over.”

Read more at
https://calfkicker.com/daniel-cormier-admits-he-would-lose-to-prime-fedor-he-mightve-got-me/

DC knows

We already knew that though sir ;)

Prime for prime would've been a hell of a fight. Be interesting to see how Daniels chin held up to a fedor bomb

Fedor was throwing punches from the bottom because he couldn't escape the mount against all time great bigfoot. I'm a Fedor fan but that's hard to defend.

DC wasnt top-5 prime HW. Prime Cain, Fedor, Ubereem, Ngannou, JDS, Stipe, Werdum, Jones -all were better. In this fight 65/35 Fedor.

I don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure DC manhandles him. Fedor's judo and clinch game never really stood up against strong wrestlers and his sub skills wouldn't be enough of a threat to DC. Would probably look like his fight against Hendo except less sloppy

As much as I love Fedor and as much as I dislike DC, I cannot agree with him on this one (which is actually a prove that I dislike him).

DC was small, fast and with a world class wrestling base, I dont think fedor could rus-rush him as he did with other fighters. I say rus-rush because he always went into the exchange as a typical russian who did some sambo as a teen. This worked on so many fighters but I dont see it work on DC.

False, one could even argue that he seemed off in the Arlovski fight
Sylvia fight in Affliction was the last time we saw prime Fedor. Even his own coaches said his speed was not what it was. He started looking beatable in every fight afterwards. Although Fedor wasn’t old, all of the training camps for MMA / Sambo competitions took its toll and put a lot of mileage on him.

In a cage would DC win easily. JMMA is far more difficult to predict.

DC has better wrestling, Fedor was better at everything else. DC would not survive standing and nobody ever survived on top of prime Fedor. I'd bet heavily on Fedor in that fight. Especially in a ring. Cain, JDS, obviously Jones and honestly pre illness Brock are harder to call imo.

I love Fedor but he doesn't have the skill set to take out DC. Fedor's escapes from the ground are explosive and DC specializes in control on the ground. It's just a different time. Fedor had to fly out to Amsterdam to train kickboxing and BJJ. DC isn't one of those old school wrestlers who didn't cross train. DC isn't going to sit in guard either. The wrestlers who fought Fedor during that time didn't train BJJ much. They weren't submission experts since they just didn't train much. Coleman was getting subbed by Matt Hughes when he was prepping for the GP tournament.

He's just being nice. I'm a huge Fedor fan but DC would've crushed him. Fedor was the GOAT heavyweight of his era but the sport passed him by. Modern heavyweights are too big and skilled for him. You can't lose to the Bigfoots and Matt Mitriones and be taken seriously in the modern era.

Even if you're 45 years old o_O

He's just being nice. I'm a huge Fedor fan but DC would've crushed him. Fedor was the GOAT heavyweight of his era but the sport passed him by. Modern heavyweights are too big and skilled for him. You can't lose to the Bigfoots and Matt Mitriones and be taken seriously in the modern era.
We’re not talking about big, modern HWs, we’re talking about DC. Also kind of weird to say that anyone who loses to Bigfoot or Mitrione can’t be taken seriously in the modern era. Derrick Lewis lost to Mitrione and he’s in the UFC HW Top 10 right now (and was top 5 not long ago). Phil de Fries is the KSW champion and on a 12 fight win streak and he lost to Mitrione too. People take both of them seriously, don’t they?

Back