Media Daniel Cormier: "I love what Jones is doing" in trying to duck Aspinall

DC calling Jon out for desperately clinging to a fight against a 45 and a half year old Stipe.

Did DC actually claim that Stipe is "45 and a half year old" or did you add that?

Stipe is actually 41 years old, which is the same age that DC was when he fought for the title at UFC 252.

Everybody complaining about Tom being the interim champion are ignoring that the actual reason interim champions *usually* gets the next title shot is that they won the interim belt while either being the original challenger themselves or beating that challenger.

Thus of course they're next by default. They already had the title shot or they beat the person who did.

This never happened here because the UFC moronically pulled Stipe too after Jon was injured. If Stipe/Sergei had just happened as had already been agreed upon we'd have no reason not to give the winner the next title shot. Either Stipe wins and preserves his title shot or Sergei beats him and takes it. Instead Tom beat Sergei who was just another contender, not Stipe who had the title shot.

The UFC made things messier than it should've been and a lot of people are just pretending it's business as usual.

The question is why blame jones since he is making good on his contract and agreement he had made before he got injured. He did not make it messy, it was the UFC so the jones cryfest is something I do not get.

It is not jones job to promote Some kid who just won the interim belt over an already made agreement. Why should jones give a shit, he has his sight on the former HW champion with all the accolades. After he fights Stipe then we can look at jones decisions but he is in no way culpable of breaking an agreement with Stipe because some kid is crying about his position on the line. Its funny we talk about Jones and Stipe, yet Blaydes has been calling out Tom for months, yet tom wants the more acclaimed fight with Jones and even wants to wait for an injured jones rather than fight Blaydes.

Last edited:
jon did al he needed to do years ago. hes earned the right to select a fight because the reality is he could never fight again and its very unlikely someone else matches what hes done. if he fights again we are lucky. So who cares who it is. Hes not stipes age but hes not young jon. Jon hit the point where most good fighters start losing and getting knoked out and he went past that and continued to win

With the IQ Cormier displayed in the last two Stipe fights he should not talk about fighting at all ever.

HW is a joke right now, I think it's more on the TKO executives than the fighters.

I don't know anymore, I never thought pro MMA fighters would beg to be used by WWE either.

I really don't get the obsessive DC hate on here. It's like a teenage girl TRYING to find any fault she can in an ex. DC was a great fighter, great champ, and one of the all-time best. And he didn't duck shit, he plowed through competition and murked most opponents throughout his career, or went out on his shield. And now he's got a cushy commentary job and every.event he somehow gets Sherbros' panties in a bundle.

Bad journalism. DC is literally saying he wishes he were as smart as Jon when it comes to making better late career decisions. Not really a call out more a praise. As usually taking a partial quote to make it sound controversial.

IMO all the hysteria about Jon who cares. He cemented a legacy and is the pinnacle of what everyone has to aim for to surpass now. All this HW stuff is like side quest shit. He’s cemented and set all the records needed that everyone else now has to attempt to surpass (controversies aside).

At this career point other GOATs were getting cooked and taken losses even against mediocre talents or also did selective shit (GSP seeing opportunity with Bisping). Or they ran off early before they even could come remotely close to challenging defense records of GOATs.

So retiring early, getting your ass beat and ruining your legacy well before this point and after or doing cool shit while being semi smart about it. Nothing wrong with being smart and trying to get the most out of your last few fights (drawing, legacy etc). I still think absolutely trashing Gane in record fashion> getting your head boxed off by Maldonado, getting one pinched by Conor or having Weidman embarrass you twice and go on a losing streak.

Last edited:
LOL @DC still hating. He'll never get over the FACT that he never stood a chance with the GOAT.
why does your GOAT need steroids if he's so good? You'll never get over the FACT that Jon Jones pissed hot enough times to warrant 3 lifetime bans and they literally had to change the USADA guidelines for him to avoid that fate.

Reminder that Cormier got stripped for refusing to defend against Jones or Gus, his two hardest opponents ever.

Instead he opted for Derrick Lewis.

Which was itself also opting over a Stipe rematch.

Can you go more than a few hours without a brain dead take? Lol why would he defend his heavyweight title against 205ers?

DC recognizes what he's doing because DC did the same thing. goood on Askren for checking fatso and Jon for gaslighting because DC is definitely going to act like the Stipe/Jon fight is the greatest achievement when it happens.

Kinda like how DC ducked the immediate rematch with Stipe so he could have a squash match with beast and notch at least one defense.

View attachment 1043645
If dc immediately rematched stipe, stipe would've been knocked out in the first again. Consider how he got rocked in the second fight after a lay off... Imagine getting rocked in the same year you got flatlined...

I see a lot of jabronis saying DC ducked stipe rematch but does anyone realize Stipe only won the rematch because of his layoff. DC rocked Stipe again in the second and he barely survived... That same shot would've flatlined him if he didn't take that layoff. He would've been flatlined twice in the same year. Crazy how people say volk shouldn't have gone out to fight illia so he can recover but the same people say Stipe needed to fight DC in immediate rematch a couple months after getting completely concussed

DC should really just recuse himself from commenting on anything to do with Jones. It always ends up looking bad for him.
Not to me.
He should say whatever the fuck he wants about that cheating wife beater, at all times.

Not to me.
He should say whatever the fuck he wants about that cheating wife beater, at all times.
Yeah, he might be right, but it always comes off as butt hurt. He can say whatever he wants, I'm just saying most people leave remembering cry baby DC.

I wouldn’t call Stipe that low risk a fight. They’re both pretty much retired. Jon’s been retired much longer. It’s whatever.

Can you go more than a few hours without a brain dead take? Lol why would he defend his heavyweight title against 205ers?
You shouldn't be calling other people brain dead when you go and do something as basic as forgetting that DC was reigning LHW champion too.

It's kinda a prerequisite to being a dual champion.

Back