Media Daniel Cormier says Chris Weidman should fight for championship vs Adesanya with a win

MW is pretty bad though it's gotten a little better.

Not that much of a leap. 2 wins would do it for sure. Hes actually got to get the wins though even if he doesn't need many.

Chris is a nightmare matchup for israel
wrestlers that were 1/10 as good as him took him and held him down
not to mention his bjj

People say dana is a great promoter. I just think more people just want to watch fights.

I am so rooting for Weidman. I think he'll look like shit

they got sean strickland fighting for the title...why not.

Yeah beating brad tavares means title shot for sure.

If he demolishes Tavares looking like Prime Weidman + DDP still isn't available, sure fuck it. Legacy shots are cool and anybody pretending otherwise is lying to themselves.

Legacy fights can be cool.

But Weidman is so shit and he was a shitty champion to begin with. If it was somebody like Anderson who was on top for a long ass time I'd agree. Homie had 3 title defenses before everybody started beating the breaks off of him in violent fashion.

Legacy fights can be cool.

But Weidman is so shit and he was a shitty champion to begin with. If it was somebody like Anderson who was on top for a long ass time I'd agree. Homie had 3 title defenses before everybody started beating the breaks off of him in violent fashion.

Pereira, Whittaker, and Weidman are the only former MW champions still signed to the UFC/active in MMA. Pereira just lost to Izzy this very year and has since moved to LHW, and Whittaker just lost to DDP and is already 0-2 to Izzy anyways.

Weidman is the only possible legacy fight that can be had at MW. There just aren't other former champions that can get title shots unless you wanted to pull someone out of retirement.

It wouldn't even be the worst thing ever either. I mean it was slightly different circumstances as it was an injury replacement, but it was still cool as shit to see something like when Cruz stepped in to fight Cejudo when Aldo pulled out. He hadn't fought in 4 years and that was his infamous loss to Garbrandt. By no means did he deserve a title shot and was getting one entirely because of his legacy. And wound up doing surprisingly well. That was fun.

Back