Daniel Cormier should fight Roy Nelson/Matt Mitrione winner for #1 contendership

why would or how would matt or nelson be 1 contender

The Bigfoot/Overeem winner (aka Overeem) will face the JDS/Velasquez II winner. That is unless Overeem wins and JDS loses, in which case both guys might demand each other enough they end up fighting each other as the main event for who gets the next title shot (after another guy gets a shot at Velasquez). I can't see the UFC not capitalizing on the money to be made from a Overeem/JDS match up.

Normally I don't care about "rivalries," but that rivalry right there is raw and said fight would definitely deliver the goods.

Still, Cormier and Werdum should be in the title mix with Big Nog (even though he doesn't want the gold; he wants his protegee JDS to keep it).

I've read some rubbish on here in my time but Mitrione in a #1 contender fight is probably the stupidest thing yet....

First, Big Country would eat meathead alive.

Second, Nelson-Mitrione winner won't even be in top 10. He has nothing to do with either contender fight or Cormier.

Third - with two fights per year regime (no top hw fights 3 times, if I remember my statistics) Cormier can wait for:
- Overeem, if he loses to Bigfoot and so loses his title shot
- Werdum-Nog winner
- Struve-Hunt winner
- Mir, if he recovers from his injury
By mid-13 ther will be enough top guys to make Daniel a good first contender fight and make him ready for title fight by late 2013.

I'm always impressed w/ the great ideas Sherdog comes up with.

DEFINITELY!!!! Beause Roy & Meat TOTALLY deserve to be in a #1 contender fight!!!
StarTrekFacePalm.gif

Back