Danny Garcia-Brandon Rios, Benavidez-Gavril II 2/17 Mandalay Bay

I'd actually prefer to see Garcia vs Horn. I think thats a great stylistic matchup.

I think Danny beats Horn easier than he beat Rios but Crawford is going snatch Horn's belt and soul easily.

Porter probably beats Danny.

Spence beats Danny.

Crawford beats Danny.

Thurman is Danny's best shot at winning belts but even in that fight I wouldn't favor him. The only reason the first fight was close is because Thurman pulled some De La Hoya/Trinidad bullshit in the last two or three rounds and ran out the clock. When Thurman actually fought he won rounds clearly and hurt Danny twice. Danny just isn't a great fighter at 147. At 140 he was really good but his power gave him a big advantage. If he doesn't want to face the best guys at 147 maybe it's time to go back down.

Rios. Garcia was mixing it up too though. I was pleased to see his right hand make an appearance.

Seeing Rios go down like that just struck a nerve, sorry. It'll be good to see Garcia back in the mix after this fight. It was a beautiful right hand, surprised Rios beat the count. That's heart.

I don’t see Rios getting very far against Danny. Horn is a better fight much as I hate to say it.

I think Danny beats Horn easier than he beat Rios but Crawford is going snatch Horn's belt and soul easily.

Porter probably beats Danny.

Spence beats Danny.

Crawford beats Danny.

Thurman is Danny's best shot at winning belts but even in that fight I wouldn't favor him. The only reason the first fight was close is because Thurman pulled some De La Hoya/Trinidad bullshit in the last two or three rounds and ran out the clock. When Thurman actually fought he won rounds clearly and hurt Danny twice. Danny just isn't a great fighter at 147. At 140 he was really good but his power gave him a big advantage. If he doesn't want to face the best guys at 147 maybe it's time to go back down.
eh, I disagree. He'll keep winning.

eh, I disagree. He'll keep winning.

You mean he'll keep that ONE fight winning streak going?

Sure if he keeps fighting brain dead 140 pounders who unretire and flab there way up to 147 for a payday.

Out of the top guys who do you think he'll beat? Porter? Spence? Thurman? Crawford?

Or I guess since you want him to fight Horn that should answer the question all by itself.

Rios level opponents, absolutely. Spence, Crawford, Thurman, fuck no!
I give him a good shot at all of them. He fought pretty even with Thurman, no reason to think he couldn't make it competitive again. I'm not on board with all of this Crawford hype. Garcia could beat Crawford. They fought a few times as amateurs.

You mean he'll keep that ONE fight winning streak going?

Sure if he keeps fighting brain dead 140 pounders who unretire and flab there way up to 147 for a payday.

Out of the top guys who do you think he'll beat? Porter? Spence? Thurman? Crawford?

Or I guess since you want him to fight Horn that should answer the question all by itself.
If he beats Porter Id love to see him and Thurman go at it again.

If he beats Porter Id love to see him and Thurman go at it again.

It was a fun fight for sure. I think whoever wins between Danny and Porter should get a shot at Thurman since he already said he won't fight Spence until he fights one or both of those guys again.

I'd favor Danny over Porter

Not me. Danny doesn't have the conditioning to handle the maul and brawl bullshit Porter does all night long and he knows it which is why he won't take the fight. Danny could hurt him for sure but finishing Porter is incredibly difficult because he's a fucking octopus when he gets his bell rung. Look how Broner had Porter out on his feet and couldn't do shit because Porter became a human suction cup. To beat Porter you need a chin and great conditioning and some volume punching. Danny is missing two of those things.

I give him a good shot at all of them. He fought pretty even with Thurman, no reason to think he couldn't make it competitive again. I'm not on board with all of this Crawford hype. Garcia could beat Crawford. They fought a few times as amateurs.

I don't give him a "good" shot in any of those fight other than maybe against Porter because of Garcia's counter punching ability (I'd still favour Porter to edge him on the cards).

I don't give him a "good" shot in any of those fight other than maybe against Porter because of Garcia's counter punching ability (I'd still favour Porter to edge him on the cards).
Garcia hasn't been rolled over by anyone. The guy always gets his shots in. You're overrating everyone in that division if you think Garcia has no shot at any of them.

Garcia hasn't been rolled over by anyone. The guy always gets his shots in. You're overrating everyone in that division if you think Garcia has no shot at any of them.

There is a bit of ground between "good shot" and "no shot."

Garcia has no shot against Spence.

Garcia has no shot against Spence.
Danny will have a punchers chance vs anyone.

May not be a good one, but writing him off is pretty silly. Especially against the type of fighters who will bring it to the telephone booth where he excels.

Danny will have a punchers chance vs anyone.

May not be a good one, but writing him off is pretty silly. Especially against the type of fighters who will bring it to the telephone booth where he excels.
I saw Spence get hit plenty against Brook. Spence has that confidence of a guy who has never had his chin dented. That could be a curse against a guy like Garcia.

I think Garcia is more complete than people pretend he is.

Back