Danny Henry wants Andre Fili next: "I just don't like the guy. I think I'd crack him."

Thickfreakness

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Starts at 15:57, but will play from there.

He's an interesting prospect this guy. That choke on the London card was the nastiest choke I've seen in a long time.

Damn, I think that's a bit early for him, but I'd love to see it.

Yea i think he would beat fili. Good martchup.

Can’t believe this didn’t earn him a performance bonus. They gave it to Paul Craig who was getting his ass whooped and probably won’t even be in the UFC by year’s end, when they could’ve given it to a legit prospect that could’ve used that money to further improve his game and bring something to the division.

SMH. ufc can’t ever do anything right

Fili managed to (barely) break his win-loss pattern last time out, I think this could be a good fight.

Could be. Fili looked good last time out, but sometimes he's hit or miss. I'm really excited about Henry. That choke was gorgeous.
Saying that though, I'm looking through the list of UFC Featherweights right now and a lot of guys are either booked or probably a step down for him. The guy is 29, so he's not really young or anything, so amybe Fili is good option.

Saying that though, I'm looking through the list of UFC Featherweights right now and a lot of guys are either booked or probably a step down for him. The guy is 29, so he's not really young or anything, so amybe Fili is good option.
That's very true, plus he's beat two prospects already, so lets see how he can do against a veteran of sorts.

That's very true, plus he's beat two prospects already, so lets see how he can do against a veteran of sorts.
Yeah, I would have said give him Caceres or Charles Rosa, but Caceres is booked against Lobov and Rosa is coming off a TKO loss. Fili will definitely test whether he belongs in the division or not.

Can’t believe this didn’t earn him a performance bonus. They gave it to Paul Craig who was getting his ass whooped and probably won’t even be in the UFC by year’s end, when they could’ve given it to a legit prospect that could’ve used that money to further improve his game and bring something to the division.

It's kind of ridiculous he didn't get one. He actually talks about that in the interview and was asked if the bonus system/win money system is wrong.

Definitely a winnable fight for Henry. Fili got a bad decision against Bermudez, and really has a lot of holes in his game.

It's a jump in competition, but at 29 he really doesn't have the time to fight 4-5 top 50 guys, if he's gonna be a contender we might as well see if he sinks or swims against a guy like Fili.

Hope so, Scotland needs a elite MMA fighter.

Definitely a winnable fight for Henry. Fili got a bad decision against Bermudez, and really has a lot of holes in his game.
Fili sometimes looks really good and then other times terrible. Can't put my finger on him as a fighter.

Yeah, I would have said give him Caceres or Charles Rosa, but Caceres is booked against Lobov and Rosa is coming off a TKO loss. Fili will definitely test whether he belongs in the division or not.

Fili is only looking for ranked opponents after beating Bermudez.

That choke was sick but I doubt we'll ever see a comeback triangle choke with 1 second left ever again, wouldnt have wanted to be the guy who had to hand out the bonuses last night.

That choke was sick but I doubt we'll ever see a comeback triangle choke with 1 second left ever again, wouldnt have wanted to be the guy who had to hand out the bonuses last night.
They both should of got one.

Hmm, maybe. Although I completely forgot Gray was around.
He just beat the TUF Japan winner, so he's not completely done yet. If he wants to stay active then maybe he should face someone like that and then look for the winner of Caceres v Lobov.

He just beat the TUF Japan winner, so he's not completely done yet. If he wants to stay active then maybe he should face someone like that and then look for the winner of Caceres v Lobov.
Yeah, about a year ago. Always liked Gray. Not done yet but not a whole lot left.

Back