Dark Side of the Ring - season 2

Do you honestly believe for one second that the Owen Documentary will have any effect whatsoever on people giving WWE money?
I'm hoping so. I don't give them money because they don't deserve it. The world would be a better place if more people were like me.

I'm hoping so. I don't give them money because they don't deserve it. The world would be a better place if more people were like me.

Sorry buddy...but fat scary clowns, pancakes and shitty women's rasslin are a billion dollar industry and it's here to stay.

I was under the impression it was a regular part of his act and he’d done it many times before the faithful night.

That wasn’t the case?

Not 100% sure, someone here can probably tell you. But I'm pretty sure it was his first time. He also tried to skip the practice test as well.

He had rappelled down to the ring before. This time, so the story goes, WWE wanted to do a gag where he got stuck about 6 feet from the ring and had to drop himself down. To do that, they needed to use a quick release harness. Allegedly, the regular rigger said it wasn't safe and refused, so WWE replaced him with a less qualified guy who would do it.

after watching the dark side of the ring episode about benoit, do any of you guys have an opinion (formed through reasoning) if benoit was murdered along with his kid and wife?

He had rappelled down to the ring before. This time, so the story goes, WWE wanted to do a gag where he got stuck about 6 feet from the ring and had to drop himself down. To do that, they needed to use a quick release harness. Allegedly, the regular rigger said it wasn't safe and refused, so WWE replaced him with a less qualified guy who would do it.
You're right I just read that he'd done it once before on a Sunday night heat episode but without the quick release. It's also alledged that the cape that he had on may have gotten tangled and caused the quick release to go off.

Still don't really get the way producers tried to swing it i.e. Owen was very nervous about doing this new stunt (if he even knew about it the day before).

Surely if he really was worried, he either wouldn't have refused the rehearsal or just flat out refused to do it?? The implication was that he thought something bad was about to happen.....I don't buy it. Seems like cheap, emotional BS to me.

Still don't really get the way producers tried to swing it i.e. Owen was very nervous about doing this new stunt (if he even knew about it the day before).

Surely if he really was worried, he either wouldn't have refused the rehearsal or just flat out refused to do it?? The implication was that he thought something bad was about to happen.....I don't buy it. Seems like cheap, emotional BS to me.

man, come on. what you write is such a false dichotomy. "if he was really worried, he would either do x or y..." as if those were the only two options for a person to consider and/or do, which is not the case. people don't always exercise reason. moreover, people don't always exercise reason in circumstances that consist of danger and emotion. you might not "buy it," but your opinion and your attempts to comment on the topic are rather lacking in reasoning. moreover, they are irrelevant to what happened and how what happened.

Vader should be waaaaaaaay ahead of Owen (especially considering it's meant to be a HoF for all of wrestling, not just WWE).

The fact that WWE knew Vader was dying and it would have meant the world to him to be inducted was really shitty.
I liked Owen, but he never reached more than IC and tag titles level. Had him and Davey tagged for a few more years, for example, and got the belts several times, they'd have been a shoe-in as a tag team, no doubts there.

Vader though? Dude was world champion in every major promotion he worked, barring the WWF, and you can blame Shawn for that one. UWA in Mexico, WCW, UWFI, All Japan, New Japan, NOAH, and CWA in Austria. No-brainer that he gets in.

man, come on. what you write is such a false dichotomy. "if he was really worried, he would either do x or y..." as if those were the only two options for a person to consider and/or do, which is not the case. people don't always exercise reason. moreover, people don't always exercise reason in circumstances that consist of danger and emotion. you might not "buy it," but your opinion and your attempts to comment on the topic are rather lacking in reasoning. moreover, they are irrelevant to what happened and how what happened.

lol what a pathetic diatribe.

You seem upset, snowflake.

thank ya. I just ask because allegedly there are some claims about how the events unfolded that weekend, the police first scene discoveries and info post official declaration of case... maybe, that's (all) shit?

Absolutely not. That list on reddit that outlines all the reasons he didn’t do it is 100% bullshit. LOL they literally tried to say Kevin Sullivan did it because he’s a high ranking member of a satanic cult and his minions did it for him because he was mad Nancy divorced him even though they divorced 10 years earlier.

Benoit minions are truly something else. It’s one thing to appreciate his work while separating it from the fact he murdered his wife, son, and then killed himself on top of being an abusive husband/weirdo before all of that happened. But to come up with all these wild conspiracy theories why he didn’t do it or to claim that he did do it but it was because he was having such a break from reality that he was literally trying to resurrect them is disrespectful and slanderous.

Last edited:
lol what a pathetic diatribe.

You seem upset, snowflake.

^^projection, immaturity, frailty and thoughtless spouting of catchphrase that you probably don't even understand

Absolutely not. That list on reddit that outlines all the reasons he didn’t do it is 100% bullshit. LOL they literally tried to say Kevin Sullivan did it because he’s a high ranking member of a satanic cult and his minions did it for him because he was mad Nancy divorced him even though they divorced 10 years earlier.

Benoit minions are truly something else. It’s one thing to appreciate his work while separating it from the fact he murdered his wife, son, and then killed himself on top of being an abusive husband/weirdo before all of that happened. But to come up with all these wild conspiracy theories why he didn’t do it or to claim that he did do it but it was because he was having such a break from reality that he was literally trying to resurrect them is disrespectful and slanderous.

hey, man. I never mentioned reddit. so, why do you say "that list" as if I were to have read it? "absolutely not?" You aren't informed enough to state such a declaration. Moreover, none of us are. What you wrote was an opinion, not objective truth.

You merely dismiss other opinions as "wild conspiracy theories." You're also going off on a different subject in your second paragraph. I was asking for an opinion based on reasoning, but thanks for posting anyways.

hey, man. I never mentioned reddit. so, why do you say "that list" as if I were to have read it? "absolutely not?" You aren't informed enough to state such a declaration. Moreover, none of us are. What you wrote was an opinion, not objective truth.

You merely dismiss other opinions as "wild conspiracy theories." You're also going off on a different subject in your second paragraph. I was asking for an opinion based on reasoning, but thanks for posting anyways.

There’s absolutely no proof/evidence anyone besides Benoit was involved. So yes all other opinions that someone else did it are wild conspiracy theories. The most ardent “Benoit didn’t do it” supporter on here posted a list from Reddit to prove his claim and it was all laughably bullshit.

^^projection, immaturity, frailty and thoughtless spouting of catchphrase that you probably don't even understand

How you see yourself:

intelligent-man-in-suit-at-elite-university-side-view-blond-guy-with-stylish-hairstyle-beard-and-mustache-RXW7P3.jpg

How the rest of the world sees you:

7dbffb772e1729f5049b8a1e7d83b7db.jpg

Back